Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

That's like comparing an apple to an orange?

Do we need a verratti type player - yes IMHO 

we actually need a 'motivated' Eden and Verratti type player if we are to achieve anything next season, so I wouldn't swap

Why can't fruit be compared?

13 hours ago, Melanicus said:

Call me mad, but I'd go for Scott Dann in the summer. He has been having excellent performances for quite some time now.

He is a decent player but its a liverpool/spurs kind of buy. He is 29, will cost a few bucks, and simply not the buy we should be looking for. We have GC/JT as our back up options. we have christensen in the wings along who can take over from GC/JT in an year. What we need now is a world class partner for zouma (if he comes back as good as he was). Scott Dann wont be a solution.

I hope we start playing 4-3-3 next season. Our most potent creative force is cesc, and a 2-man pivot just does not suit him. 

I hope we have this squad for next season. 

Gks - thibaut, begovic (HG), blackman (HG)

Defs - Zouma, Marquinhos/stones/laporte/inigo-martinez, JT/GC (HG), azpi, baba, ake (HG), iva, aina? (HG)

CMs - Matic, cesc (HG), Kante, Radja, Rlc (HG), Mikel

Wingers - Hazard, willian, Pedro, Kenedy

Strikers - costa, traore, lacazzete.

The main problem with this is that we have some absolute gems in players like boga and musonda. and our whole youth system seems to top heavy. So, that would be the only reason i would want to continue with 4-2-3-1. In that case i would like to see this squad.

Gks - thibaut, begovic (HG), blackman (HG)

Defs - Zouma, Marquinhos/stones/laporte/inigo-martinez, JT/GC (HG), azpi, baba, ake (HG), iva, aina? (HG)

CMs - Matic, cesc (HG), Kante/Radja, Rlc (HG), Mikel

AMs - Hazard, willian, Pedro,Isco/Payet, Kenedy, Musonda

Strikers - costa, traore, lacazzete.

None the less, we need a quality CB, a quality CM, and depending on the manager another quality CM/Am(radja/isco)

21 minutes ago, the wes said:

I have been reading that conte likes playing with two forwards I would love to see Chelsea buy Griezmann this summer him and Costa would be a perfect partnership 

If we play with two forwards, will there be a place for Fabregas in a 2 man midfield? Usually giving up numbers in midfield means you have to have energetic and dynamic players in there, not to mention they have to be above average at defending. Cesc doesn't fit the bill if we go 4-4-2. However the likes of Vidal and Nainggolan match up, and they are the players we are linked with.

56 minutes ago, manpe said:

If we play with two forwards, will there be a place for Fabregas in a 2 man midfield? Usually giving up numbers in midfield means you have to have energetic and dynamic players in there, not to mention they have to be above average at defending. Cesc doesn't fit the bill if we go 4-4-2. However the likes of Vidal and Nainggolan match up, and they are the players we are linked with.

But where is the creativity in that kind of midfield?

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

But where is the creativity in that kind of midfield?

Proper full-backs, wingers and 2 forwards supported by two B2B midfielders. It's a different kind of creativity than what we rely on now, but with proper wing play it can work. United used to do it to devastating effect.

Funny thing about Conte and that he changes his formation according to players - we don't know what players he will have ! I can see 2 players bought in that completely changes the approach. So what he will do, what he wants ?

Sure, 1 young, fast centre-back who can play with the ball, 1 technical b2b midfielder, 1 creative midfielder who is stable and can survive under pressure and doesn't give the ball away and a striker with the ability to play in a small space and is good with back to goal. That's the ultimate list that is valid for a long time.

On 01/03/2016 at 7:17 PM, Robguima said:

We already play with 2 forwards: Diego and hazard.

many second forwards out there defend better and track back more than Eden does. Honestly don't see much of a difference.

Aren't forwards supposed to score goals? Or even take a shot on goal too let alone track back and defend?

7 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Well they wont be going to the Rags next season will they

Meh_zpsu2vfptj2.gif

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Well they wont be going to the Rags next season will they

Meh_zpsu2vfptj2.gif

I could see Daily Mail journos starting to write an article "Mourinho wants Ronaldo and Ramos reunion at Manchester" already. Save as a draft, automatic posting scheduled time : July 1, 2016

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Aren't forwards supposed to score goals? Or even take a shot on goal too let alone track back and defend?

depends on the forwards... Cavani doesn't score that many goals playing second striker, neither does Rooney, the same with a number of other strikers who don't lead the attack for one reason or another. You could play with 2 cavanis on the sides as wingers/2nd strikers and still be somewhat solid, but difficult to imagine we could do the same with Rooneys.

In the end they are just labels. Some teams don't even play with a centralized attacker/striker. The characteristics and quality of the players is what really matters.