Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

20 hours ago, The Skipper said:

For me, we need to look at these positions, assuming the players that are already in the XI are in top form:

Courtois

Azpi - Zouma - (a) - (b)

Matic - Fabregas - (c)

Willian - Costa - Hazard

At (a), I'm looking for a classy ball playing centre back, so someone like Stones would be a good fit. If we bring in Christensen in the future as well who's having some great development at Gladbach then we'd have some excellent young centre backs for the future, with someone like Cahill backing them up.

At (b), I really want to see Kenedy have a go there, I believe he has massive potential there if he learns the position well. We also gave Ake out on loan so when he's back, those two can fight for the LB spot.

At (c), we have the option to let someone like RLC develop or get in a proper CM. Ramires isn't good enough IMO so I would like to see an improvement on him there.

We also need to improve our quality in depth.

From now till the end of the season, my starting XI would actually be:

Courtois

Azpi - Zouma - JT - Kenedy

RLC - Cesc - Matic

Willian - Costa - Hazard

Matic has been awful this season.  If we're going to clear out players in the summer, he should go (along with Ramires). 

27 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Matic has been awful this season.  If we're going to clear out players in the summer, he should go (along with Ramires). 

He had a flawless season last year, so I think the least he deserves is the benefit of the doubt and another season to prove his worth. There's a long list of players in the current squad I'd sell before considering him.

Agree about Ramires though

I 'm waiting for some announcement, yellow letters.
Reminds me of Greek January transfer window of the year 1984.
Jugoslav international Surijak was the hot property then.
He did n't come. An excuse was made up that he reached the frontier late at night but had forgotten his passport.

I'm not watching West Ham any more, it's depressing. Not only did we fail to get Dimi Payet, we will never get him. Every top club in the league, not to mention many on the continent, will have set their sights on him and we won't win that fight. Assuming we even got in the ring that is.

Unless we can buy somebody like Griezmann then there is nearly no value in buying in January for me.

And in the summer there's quite a few of our loanees/academy boys that can come in and do a job for us - Ake at LB/DM, RLC at CM, Pasalic at DM, etc etc

Considering the position we're in I think it would be a good time to break a few of 'em in.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm not watching West Ham any more, it's depressing. Not only did we fail to get Dimi Payet, we will never get him. Every top club in the league, not to mention many on the continent, will have set their sights on him and we won't win that fight. Assuming we even got in the ring that is.

I'm all for going all out for payet. I don't care about his age, he's far better than current Oscar. He'll vastly improve our creativity for 3 solid years. 

5 hours ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Unless we can buy somebody like Griezmann then there is nearly no value in buying in January for me.

And in the summer there's quite a few of our loanees/academy boys that can come in and do a job for us - Ake at LB/DM, RLC at CM, Pasalic at DM, etc etc

Considering the position we're in I think it would be a good time to break a few of 'em in.

Imo there is little to no chance that players such as Griezmann or Pogba would want to join us now or the next transfer window. The only way i potentionelly could see them coming is if we get Guardiola, and thats very little chance we get him.

Courtois/Begovic*/Amelia

Azpilicueta/Ivanovic - Stones*/Zouma - Terry*/Cahill* - Coentrao/Aké*

Fabregas*/RLC* - Neves/Mikel - Barkley*/Matic

Willian/Pedro - Costa/Embolo/Remy - Hazard/Kenedy

* = Homegrown

Out - Djilobodji, Ramires, Oscar, Salah, Cuadrado

Out on loan - Christensen, Baba, Pasalic, Musonda, Boga, Solanke

I was bored. Came up with this. I think that's actually possible. Expensive but possible. I'd make a rough guess at around £165m. Should get back in the top 4 with that team and the first step to becoming a top team again.

But I don't think the club has that kind of cash anymore (or not willing to spend it, same thing).

6 hours ago, DYC. said:

Courtois/Begovic*/Amelia

I don't like that midfield and defence too much, too lightweight in midfield, i'd remove one of Fabregas or Neves for a "beast" cm and even though Mikel is going through his 5th cat life at the moment, i still think he should go. In defence i don't think Terry has another year as a regular starter in him, so it's either Stones-Cahill or Stones-Zouma right away, or offload Cahill for another good CB.

Courtois/Begovic*/Amelia

Azpilicueta/Ivanovic - Stones*/Zouma - Marquinhos/Terry* - Coentrao/Aké*

Fabregas*/RLC* - Carvalho/Matic - Gomes/Oscar

Willian/Pedro - Costa/Embolo/Traoré - Hazard/Kenedy

Would probably cost a little bit more, but i think it'd have more steel.

9 hours ago, DYC. said:

Courtois/Begovic*/Amelia

* = Homegrown

Out - Djilobodji, Ramires, Oscar, Salah, Cuadrado

Out on loan - Christensen, Baba, Pasalic, Musonda, Boga, Solanke

I was bored. Came up with this. I think that's actually possible. Expensive but possible. I'd make a rough guess at around £165m. Should get back in the top 4 with that team and the first step to becoming a top team again.

But I don't think the club has that kind of cash anymore (or not willing to spend it, same thing).

I'm guessing Neves appears to be a great future star for those of you who've watched him, but why not just grab one proven PL star like Kouyate from the Hammers and one proven midfield maestro, Gundogan from Dortmund? Barkley's a good call, but I think his price will be very inflated compared to the two I just mentioned and IMO we need box-to-box CMs, a CB and fullback quality and depth more than anything in this squad.

I suppose Barkley would fit in regardless. Very hard to take that guy off the ball and that's something everyone wants.