Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

10 minutes ago, bluearcher79 said:

The Texteria deal has fallen through, Liverpool are in advanced talks.  Pato being described as a sick note player with an attitude problem.  So we miss out on a player who's scored more than Lebonowski for someone who was too slow for Italian football.  Time to sack the talent scouts

i wonder if roman doesn't realize of shit that there is in the club?

1) FFP
2) Oil price has hit Abramovich money
3) New stadium will cost £500M

FFP is a joke , new tv deals+sponorships will cancel out Abramovichs sad loss,FFP will help with new staduim accounts. Sell alot of the loanees who are not going to make it here ,most important get rid of anybody around the 1st team who dosn't deserve to wear the famous blue shirt!

3 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Do we really need new stadium ?
The present one dates from 1976, but it's better now than it was in 1976.
The biggest sports arena in Europe they were saying back then.

Stadiums get old. I 've been to the old Amsterdam Olympic stadium. That was the stadium in which the Olympic games were staged once upon a time. It looked like the stadium of a fourth division - Isthmian league team. Now of course they have a new one.

But I don't get it why the bridge is considered old.

The way you describe things we are in for a huge drop in class.

financially it makes sense.

The extra revenue on the increased amount of corporate will be massive.

On top of extra corporate, extra supporters through the gates are not just about match ticket sales. There will be extra revenue gained in the club shop, food and drink stalls  plus potential revenue from other sports such as boxing, American Football etc etc wanting to hire an iconic stadium

Edited by Rhino's Skin
Spelling

ATLETICO MADRID director Andrea Berta has travelled to London in a bid to tie up deals for Diego Costa and Pedro, according to sensational reports in Spain

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/636817/Chelsea-transfer-news-Atletico-Madrid-Diego-Costa-Pedro

2 hours ago, the wes said:

ATLETICO MADRID director Andrea Berta has travelled to London in a bid to tie up deals for Diego Costa and Pedro, according to sensational reports in Spain

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/636817/Chelsea-transfer-news-Atletico-Madrid-Diego-Costa-Pedro

Why? They're both cup tied in the CL and we're in a "striker crisis"

unless it's an effort for us to pick up Griezmann or Martinez, it makes little sense. 

Edit: just read that it would be for the summer. Fine by me. I don't like Costa's antics and Pedro hasn't settled. Martinez could be in a swap. I would welcome that, but I'm a bit weary of Martinez's time at Atletico. 

17 hours ago, Rhino's Skin said:

On top of extra corporate, extra supporters through the gates are not just about match ticket sales. There will be extra revenue gained in the club shop, food and drink stalls  plus potential revenue from other sports such as boxing, American Football etc etc wanting to hire an iconic stadium

Why can't we have boxing now ?
There is no lack of space.
Back in the sixties we used to have wrestling in Athens football ground.
The house across the road belonged to a retired admiral and we used to go there and watch from the balcony.
It was Arion versus the monster.
My mom said she thought Arion was a Greek-Egyptian a third cousin of ours.

Why can't we have boxing now ?

There is no lack of space.

Back in the sixties we used to have wrestling in Athens football ground.

The house across the road belonged to a retired admiral and we used to go there and watch from the balcony.

It was Arion versus the monster.

My mom said she thought Arion was a Greek-Egyptian a third cousin of ours.

We can have other sports now but my point is that a big new shiny stadium with extra capacity is more appealing

2 hours ago, Rhino's Skin said:

We can have other sports now but my point is that a big new shiny stadium with extra capacity is more appealing

It's all about the capacity.

Stamford Bridge = 42K

The teams we want to compete with in Europe are 60+.  80 and 100K respectively for Madrid and Barcelona.

Even in England:

Old Trafford = 75K

Emirates = 60K

Etihad = 60K

It's hard to compete with teams whose gate revenues are 50% higher than ours.

On 1/21/2016 at 5:30 AM, kmk108 said:

Why? They're both cup tied in the CL and we're in a "striker crisis"

unless it's an effort for us to pick up Griezmann or Martinez, it makes little sense. 

Edit: just read that it would be for the summer. Fine by me. I don't like Costa's antics and Pedro hasn't settled. Martinez could be in a swap. I would welcome that, but I'm a bit weary of Martinez's time at Atletico. 

I don't like Costa's antics either but he's the only 20-goal-a-season striker we have.  Martinez is over-rated, he was a big-fish in a small pond at FC Porto.

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

For me, we need to look at these positions, assuming the players that are already in the XI are in top form:

Courtois

Azpi - Zouma - (a) - (b)

Matic - Fabregas - (c)

Willian - Costa - Hazard

At (a), I'm looking for a classy ball playing centre back, so someone like Stones would be a good fit. If we bring in Christensen in the future as well who's having some great development at Gladbach then we'd have some excellent young centre backs for the future, with someone like Cahill backing them up.

At (b), I really want to see Kenedy have a go there, I believe he has massive potential there if he learns the position well. We also gave Ake out on loan so when he's back, those two can fight for the LB spot.

At (c), we have the option to let someone like RLC develop or get in a proper CM. Ramires isn't good enough IMO so I would like to see an improvement on him there.

We also need to improve our quality in depth.

From now till the end of the season, my starting XI would actually be:

Courtois

Azpi - Zouma - JT - Kenedy

RLC - Cesc - Matic

Willian - Costa - Hazard

Do you think Kennedy can be defensively trustworthy? 

With the shamble of a transfer committee in Emenalo & co, I fully expect no signings to be completed in this transfer window which would strengthen the first team or even the squad for that matter.  At the most, there might be one or two so-called promising youngsters signed for the loan market.

I fully expect the pathetic transfer dealings of last summer to continue in the summer of 2016 with crocked, has-been players signed for high wages together with a bunch of nobodies and youngsters for the loaner market.  

Stones and Griezmann are pipe dreams - Emenalo & co won't even be able to sign the likes of second rate players like Teixeira.

Meanwhile, Hazard and Costa will leave whilst the likes of Ivanovic, Ramires and Oscar remain and washed outs like Lavezzi joins for the money.

For me, Ivanovic can be a good squad player for us next season; certainly more so than Cahill.

John Terry must be here next season and he must play - Christensen stays at Monchengladbach for his second year of his loan.

Baba sold; Ake brought back and Kenedy and him rotate that LB position and in central midfield.

Loftus Cheek must be trusted with a big, big role in the starting XI.

Simeone should be brought in.

Fabregas must stay and play in that Mikel-RLC-Cesc midfield.

Oscar kept as depth - he can play 4 up front positions.

Courtois

Azpi   Zouma   Terry (C)  Ake/Kenedy

RLC  Mikel/Ake  Cesc

Willian                      Hazard

Costa

Bench: Begovic, Ivanovic, Oscar, Mikel/Kenedy, Remy, Traore, Cahill

I don't agree with this trend of having both Aké and Kenedy at lb without a first team kind of player in there. Having both in the team? Hell yes. Having them compete for the same spot? No.
They're both good prospects at lb, but that's what they are, good prospects and nothing more,  id' rather choose between one of them as second choice lb and then have someone already established in there.

How i'd choose between them? That's a tough one, as i like them both.