Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Would take Wanyama in a heart beat.

Also think we should sign some players who are in good form, even if you wouldn't normally consider them "Chelsea Quality", someone like Vardy, Mahrez, Ighalo, Charlie Austin etc, who can come in and have an immediate impact by scoring and assisting and lifting the entire teams spirits.

Wanyama I agree, but not the likes of Ighalo, Austin etc. We are Chelsea, we should aim for top players and not again bet on mediocre players what we already have enough of in Mikel, Oscar, Falcao, Ramires*, Cahill* (*love them as squad players though) and some unproven youngsters: Kenedy, Traore, Baba.

Mahrez is pure class, probably the best attacking midfielder this year. Won't leave in January but there will be a bidding war for him in the summer. Vardy will be 29 years old next year, maybe too big of a gamble.

#MCFC's Soriano has traveled to Madrid to meet with Jose Angel Sanchez and make another offer for Isco. (Diario Sport) #RMCF
#MCFC is willing to match the offer from #PSG for Isco, a fee that would be nearly 40 million Euros (Diario Sport) #RMCF

While we are busy scouting players for Vitesse, City is already moving for the next big player available.

#MCFC's Soriano has traveled to Madrid to meet with Jose Angel Sanchez and make another offer for Isco. (Diario Sport) #RMCF
#MCFC is willing to match the offer from #PSG for Isco, a fee that would be nearly 40 million Euros (Diario Sport) #RMCF

While we are busy scouting players for Vitesse, City is already moving for the next big player available.

Wouldn't mind them signing Isco at all. Last player they need. I hope Isco would be smart enough not to make that move either.

seriously though. which player out there would really want to play for us right now with the way things are going for chelsea this season.

even though those players know we can afford to buy them and pay them.

do they really want to play for us.

just like eden hazard only chose to play for us because we won the champions league in 2012 and even hazard only chose chelsea because we won UCL.

so if we didn't win the UCL in 2012.

Hazard wouldn't even be playing for us right now.

I'm Eden to Chelsea! Blues beat City and United in race to sign £32m Hazard

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2151146/Eden-Hazard-join-Chelsea.html

Isco is the kind of player to save our ass. He's an outcast and maybe a bit lost in Madrid but he would come here and together with Hazard would create some great pairing.

I believe he's our out-of-jail-card. He's an amazing talent, someone who plays for top sides. I believe we have too many players that, as I call it, CAN play for Spurs and you think they are at home. Isco is the man that belongs to the top sides. More talents like him, more chance that we quickly bounce back.

I would first off rather see a couple of loan deals cancelled, paid off and bring them back coupled with maybe just 1 possibly 2 major signings.

Our best young academy products bar RLC are out on loan....not at the club.

Those asking for 3, 4 or more major signings coming in better not be bleating about youth players not getting a chance in the coming months

we are slowly turning into arsenal in the transfer window :(

I disagree. Chelsea keeps buying those players and they all turn to crap. They're not the problem. Football starts from the back. Poor build-up play leads to poor attacking.

It got to a point where Hazard was the only one capable of performing with Chelsea's then okay play, because of his exceptional ability as a footballer. But now it's so bad everyone looks terrible. It's too slow, imprecise and lacking in patterns and a vision. The attacking players receive the ball either too slow or in areas they can cause no danger.

Think of Argentina. These past years they've had the likes of Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Higuain, Milito, Di Maria, Pastore, Banega, Lavezzi, Gaitan (the list goes on and on really) to pick from. It doesn't get better than that. But they were never the most incredible attacking team, capable of blowing teams out of the water. You would get those players on the pitch and they would look so bland. Why? Coaching plays a role but mostly because the area in which the football started, the play was poor. Just too slow and unimaginative. The defenders couldn't play and centre midfield was always occupied by work-horses.

Pass to the side, pass to the back. Hold the ball for a bit, look around, pass to the side. CB passes to CB, CB passes to CB, CB passes to LB, LB passes to CB, CB passes to LB, LB passes to DM. Horrible but it sounds familiar, wouldn't you agree? Midfielder passes to the player a few metres in front of him, he passes back and then the midfielder passes it to the side or back again....

You'd see Messi picking up balls in deep in midfield for example, receiving passes from defenders. Messi has no business there. So they had to rely on flashes and individual brilliance (again, sounds familiar).

They got better but let's be honest, the WC final was reached because of deep and hard fought defending and individual brilliance from Messi and Di Maria. The Copa was even better but you still expect so much more with that kind of talent. They played some stellar football at the 2006 World Cup and Copa 2007 though when they possessed a much more balanced team.

I can't stress enough how bad Chelsea's football is. It's truly atrocious. Just horrible. That's why I completely disagree with the notion of insert player X and Y and see how the team will transform. Continue to play like this and they'll look like crap too. I can already see someone like Texeira joining and providing nothing or little. And he'll be blamed and called a bad player.

I'm in total agreement with your thoughts on our play. That type of football was ok to a point seeing as we were top from the get go, but it started to show after Christmas. The players we have and the coach at the time were both to blame. We don't have a team, rather 6 defending and 4 attacking with little to no link up between the two that stagnates our play. We have no real identity and it's really prevented us from building any sort of team to succeed for the long haul. Also, the board have made some poor signings to use as quick fixes whilst overpaying for them as well in the process.

The board have acquired players to fill wholes rather than selecting ones that actually fit our team and the way we play. I personally don't see how much can change until we appoint someone in the summer and see what they want from the team.

Ademola Lookman from Charlton rumoured to be joining us from Charlton.

Another one to be loaned back and never seen again ;-)

but he does seem quite good and quite a few clubs were in for him

Cech was 28 years old when we signed Courtois from Belgium. Who the hell could predict that Thibaut would be our starter in 3 years?

We sign a lots of youngsters but it's impossible to predict their future. This guy could be the one.