Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Very difficult to assess who had the best transfer window this summer in England.

Manchester clubs and Liverpool overpaid for everything and everyone, Arsenal and us did very little and tottenham window all is based on how well Son heung min does for them....

I guess fiscally, Southampton as usually does the best!

Roma and Juventus are still better teams but its a good window for Inter and also AC Milan had a good few transfers.

Juventus hasn't won a game.

Inter is 2-0.

Allegri destroyed AC Milan. He will destroy Juventus as well.

Inter already has the best midfield in italy with medel-melo-kongdobia. Good CF in Icardi and Ss in jovetic. Mancini always sucked in europe, but won with CIty before against Fergie... He can definitely win vs allegri

Roma is the biggest choke artist in italy.

Those late approches for Pogba and Marquinhos just annoys me right now, makes me think of "what could have been" (although i know we had no chance to get either).

Two players who would've made our squad perfect. Have to get a CB and CM of this calibre next summer, unless Oscar is exploding this season and Cesc also improving his consistency, and those two will make a good partnership.

Those late approches for Pogba and Marquinhos just annoys me right now, makes me think of "what could have been" (although i know we had no chance to get either).

Two players who would've made our squad perfect. Have to get a CB and CM of this calibre next summer, unless Oscar is exploding this season and Cesc also improving his consistency, and those two will make a good partnership.

Yeah I know I'm like why the heck wait till the end when you have the whole summer to work things out?

Stupidity, incompetence, idiocy!

I will not be mad if we win nothing this season because of their imbecile attitudes!

Yeah I know I'm like why the heck wait till the end when you have the whole summer to work things out?

Stupidity, incompetence, idiocy!

I will not be mad if we win nothing this season because of their imbecile attitudes!

The timing of the bids for those specific players (Pogba and Marquinhos) is not important, they werent availble the all summer. The important thing is to have alternatives.

For CM it looks like we didnt have any, imo Mourinho is for some reason ok with Ramires and Mikel as squad options. As for CB, two options:

1) They were so sure about getting Stones that it caught them by surprise.

2) It was Stones or nothing, and then they saw how bad we're defending atm so they made some late panic bids.

I dont know how this Djilobodji guy will turn out to be, CB is a position with lots of surprises compared to other positions, unknown CBs can be considered "Top Class" after one good season (Benatia, Abdennour),

but getting a CM (even someone like Witsel or even Song) was a must, and it was expected from the board to bring at least a more known CB.

So then, Papy Chulo and Hector Barbossa are our deadline signings? that´s great :doh: we had a whole summer to adress our issues, and yet they insisted on Stones and Pogba, are you telling me we couldn´t look elsewhere and lure someone like: Garay, Godin, Witsel, Song, Aranguiz, Kondongbia, Khedira, Vidal, Schneiderlin ? just to name a few. Is this what we have come to? Gone are the days when we would get our target and make a statement in the market, i know the club has changed the transfer policy and are complying with FFP which is a joke really, just look at PSG, United and City and all the money they´ve spent this summer.The reality is, the market is too inflated these days, clubs need to pay over the odds for a top player, it´s ridiculous the asking prices of some players. Of course some of these players i mentioned went to other big clubs, we were sleeping most of the summer. Let´s see what Papy brings to table, Hector will stay at reading for the remainder of the season, is he good?, I will judge them later and i hope they prove me wrong and are not dud signings. Let´s see if the team finally wakes up and start playing proper footy instead of dragging themselves on the pitch and playing like crap. Cheers mates.