Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Pellegrini has been using a Nigerian named Kelechi Iheanacho in this pre-season and the last. Might actually get into their team now that he's got his work permit in February.

Pellegrini has been using a Nigerian named Kelechi Iheanacho in this pre-season and the last. Might actually get into their team now that he's got his work permit in February.

I doubt it. We've been using youngsters, Traore, Kenedy, RLC, etc. Doubt they get more than 500 minutes combined.

I doubt it. We've been using youngsters, Traore, Kenedy, RLC, etc. Doubt they get more than 500 minutes combined.

I'm just saying it's a possibility. City, just like us, are desperate to blood youngsters into the first team and unlike Mourinho, Pellegrini is probably less skeptical in using academy players.

I'm just saying it's a possibility. City, just like us, are desperate to blood youngsters into the first team and unlike Mourinho, Pellegrini is probably less skeptical in using academy players.

If I remember correctly, there was a press conference where Pellegrini said Denayer (young CB) and Iheanacho (young ST) would be promoted to the first team as squad depth.

I haven't seen too much of Iheanacho...but Denayer looks promising

It would actually be very good to use Oscar as a Fabregas replacement, Willian on nr.10 and Traore/Moses/Kenedy on the wing :dance:

Courtois
Ivanović (Azpi) - Terry (Ivanović) - Zouma (Cahill) - Azpi (Baba?/Ake)
Matić (Ramires/Mikel) - Fabregas (Oscar)

Traore (Kenedy) - Willian (RLC) - Hazard (Moses)

Costa (Remy/Falcao)

but most probably one of Traore/Kenedy is going out on loan :)

It would actually be very good to use Oscar as a Fabregas replacement, Willian on nr.10 and Traore/Moses/Kenedy on the wing :dance:

Courtois

Ivanović (Azpi) - Terry (Ivanović) - Zouma (Cahill) - Azpi (Baba?/Ake)

Matić (Ramires/Mikel) - Fabregas (Oscar)

Traore (Kenedy) - Willian (RLC) - Hazard (Moses)

Costa (Remy/Falcao)

but most probably one of Traore/Kenedy is going out on loan :)

Willian is a terrible #10. Do people even watch Willian when he plays centrally? He offers nothing in the #10 role and only excels when he picks up the ball deep and has space to run into.

Willian is a terrible #10. Do people even watch Willian when he plays centrally? He offers nothing in the #10 role and only excels when he picks up the ball deep and has space to run into.

Good to see I'm not the only one with that train of thought. Some think he's amazing in that position and offers so much. They must be watching a different player to me.

Explain why a lot of Willian's best games for us came when he's played in the centre?

Explain how he was a lot better when he had more freedom to move to the middle (and the left when switching with Eden) during the second half of last season where he was by far one of our better players?

just watch the Crystal Palace home and Leicester away games, and listen to Garry Neville explain it to you better than I can. Short and simple: Willian can't operate under pressure, needs room, and is best when he runs down the channels with the ball. But when he has to play with his back to the defenders, he's pretty useless.

In the Leicester away game, Willian played centrally in the first half, and we were terrible. Leiscter ended up taking a 1-0 lead into half-time. Then, in the second half, Jose makes a change, moves Fabregas further up, Willian deeper, and we start to create.

In the Crystal Palace game, Willian was barely visible. He made no impact at all centrally, none whatsoever.

His best assest is and will always will be running for length with the ball. he can't do that as a #10.

But neither does Oscar in offence. They both have great engines and touches of excellence plus are both handy at high up defending but as far as offering assists n goals they neither. really offer enough,

After watching the preseason games upto now the strikers arent being given the ball enough and thats a big problem. And with our central midfield not being creative enough with Cescy not having much room to move he cant get balls forward so he needs help there and we know Rakel (Mikel/Rami) doesnt help much at all. (but I wont go into that as it hurts my brain)

Mikel and Ramires staying, also there is still RLC. No way we will sign another CM.

CB and LB only imo.

the problem in midfield is not having enough people, is not having good enough replacement for Matic - which we don't.

I think we need it more than we need a CB, and of course, we need a LB

the problem in midfield is not having enough people, is not having good enough replacement for Matic - which we don't.

I think we need it more than we need a CB, and of course, we need a LB

In a world were Mikel, RLC and Ramires are actually considered as options of a top team, not having enough numbers is never the problem. We probably need a backup for both, Fabregas and Matic. Even though I agree that we looked even more helpless without Fabregas. Matic probably is the only player who can offer the kind of protection Fabregas defensive incompetence requires.

Additionally, Mou tends to sacrifice Oscar for Ramires in big games, so he acknowledges that we need more solidity and physical presence in midfield. What saddens me most is that he obviously still believes in Ramires to be that big game player which he has proven not to be any more. If Mourinho really believes Mikel, Ramires, RLC are good enough to come in and help us win the CL than we don't need any signings at all, then we could as well promote Jake Clarke Salter instead of signing Stones.

If Mourinho really believes Mikel, Ramires, RLC are good enough to come in and help us win the CL than we don't need any signings at all, then we could as well promote Jake Clarke Salter instead of signing Stones.

I really didnt understand that part. If Mou dont think we need a CM, than we shouldnt try to improve other areas?