Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

wut? Cesc said no to United. Hazard said no to just about everyone. Matic said no to United when Moyes and company went after him 4 months before we got him, telling them straight up that he had his heart set on returning to Chelsea.

"Always been my dream to play for Chelsea" will start to happen as the next generation of players, those who grew up watching Lampard and Drogba and Co. play gets older.

We can pretty much go after any player we like, with a good chance of getting them if we are ready for the battle. But the club doesn't seem to have that policy, neither does Jose, who appears to have a different model than to just sign the hottest name in the press.

Couldn't have put things any better.

wut? Cesc said no to United. Hazard said no to just about everyone. Matic said no to United when Moyes and company went after him 4 months before we got him, telling them straight up that he had his heart set on returning to Chelsea.

"Always been my dream to play for Chelsea" will start to happen as the next generation of players, those who grew up watching Lampard and Drogba and Co. play gets older.

We can pretty much go after any player we like, with a good chance of getting them if we are ready for the battle. But the club doesn't seem to have that policy, neither does Jose, who appears to have a different model than to just sign the hottest name in the press.

Cescy surprised EVERYONE coming to us and it was probably only Jose stroking his ego telling him we were going to build the team around him that got him. Hazard was just a hot youngish lad with potential, we all looked at each other when we went back after Matic and it came as a shock to us all that he turned out so good. Those 2 have got their reputations with us.

You know I'm not talking about young lads. I mean world class complete do yer bollox game winning players, already complete, no history of serious injury

And why is it any different with next generation of players that grew up watching the likes of Lamps,Drogs etc? We have always had a few great players, we wasnt invented in 2004. For some reason we just havent been able to compete with 'the big boys' unless we throw money at the problem. Which I dont mind us doing.

So people want signings, top signings, because apparently ''everyone'' is improving their squads, and we should do our bussines quickly, but then again we should wait till better players come around... :lol:

Maybe people should also take into account, that right now Sterling and Arda are available. Both could end in City and Barca. Both might be the best choices of this window for RW because hell no will Reus, Bale move this summer. So sometimes its better to act quickly, instead of wait for something ''better'' but meanwhile every better player gets sold and you end up with Raul Meireles.

Our problem isn't new this season. For some reason dont ask me what it is we just dont have the magnetism that draws TOP players generally. You never hear of one saying I cant stand playing for Juve and its always been my dream to play for Chelsea.

So we might have to pay a few more quid to get the level of player we should be aiming for and if it means having to then fuck it we gotta dig deep.

Chelsea is not a traditional top side with a rich history, the reputation of the club isn't positive, the brand of football the club is known for isn't appealing, most prefer the climate of Spain (and Italy before the decline of the Serie A) over England's climate.

But like another member already mentioned, in 10 to 20 years, Chelsea should be in a much stronger position in terms of appeal. The Chelsea brand is growing rapidly.

Chelsea is not a traditional top side with a rich history, the reputation of the club isn't positive, the brand of football the club is known for isn't appealing, most prefer the climate of Spain (and Italy before the decline of the Serie A) over England's climate.

But like another member already mentioned, in 10 to 20 years, Chelsea should be in a much stronger position in terms of appeal. The Chelsea brand is growing rapidly.

I'm sure we all know everything youve just said already.

The point I'm trying to make is this is why we must pay a few quid more to get the standard of players we SHOULD be attracting.

It will crack me up if the rags go and offer the £8mill for Begovic (who will no doubt play in the 1st team when De Gea goes)after we have tried to penny pinch £2mill for about as good a 2nd keeper as we are likely to get.

This is why this trolling, teasing cunt Beasley should be banned here. Look at his follow up tweet to that one...

Attention seeking troll who likes to pretend he's important so Twitter idiots worship him.