test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

General Transfer Talk

Started by Hamilton,

23,299 posts in this topic
I highly doubt we will see Hazard benched in the majority of this season and i doubt even more that we would do that to mata....

I think Mata will be used significantly less this season than last, but only because we now have more options for his position and don't have to rely on one player too much. Mata needs some serious rest after playing over 50 games last season and also taking part in the Euros as well as London2012. This season he needs to be handled properly so we don't burn him out in the middle of the season where he wouldn't be of any use to anyone and Oscar is the perfect replacement to play at CAM whenever needed and considering that he can play elsewhere too, I'm confident that all of our new signings get enough playing time without it being too costly for the players we already had.

Sneaky bid for Alex Song ????? :ph34r:

Song would be absolutely great, but sadly I don't think we stand a chance of getting him. Either he stays at Le Arse or goes to Barcelona.

OneMoSalah likes this

Maybe try a 4-1-4-1 then if we aren't going to purchase a ball winner, because without a ball winner the pivot is useless. We need one ball winner + any other midfielder who is available.

Cech

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Oscar - Mata - Hazard

Torres

Anyways, what about M'Villa?

I quite like that lineup, even though we would need a better DM a la Busquet since the other midfielders are useless at defending. Plus as we have seen, Ramires is quite useless on the wing, so I would swap him with anyone better.maybe Marko. The team will be sooo much attack minded IMO.

Maybe try a 4-1-4-1 then if we aren't going to purchase a ball winner, because without a ball winner the pivot is useless. We need one ball winner + any other midfielder who is available.

Cech

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Oscar - Mata - Hazard

Torres

Anyways, what about M'Villa?

Too top heavy and unbalanced. It's basically only Mikel that is protecting the back 4. The others will help out defensively but they are not their greatest strengths. If we can't even control the midfield, then there is no point of having that attacking 4-5 players.

Peace. likes this

AssAnal won't sell us Song, simple as that, I admit Song is perfect for us though.

He was best Arsenal player last season. Probably better than RVP but since he plays CM people only take account goals scored.

His passing is faultless, he can make all kinds of passes and does so constantly every game, countless short acurate passes, amazing defense shredding long passes on the ground and in the air, chipped passes, straight, diagonal, wing-to-wing...

Ryan Fong likes this

He was best Arsenal player last season. Probably better than RVP but since he plays CM people only take account goals scored.

His passing is faultless, he can make all kinds of passes and does so constantly every game, countless short acurate passes, amazing defense shredding long passes on the ground and in the air, chipped passes, straight, diagonal, wing-to-wing...

Couldn't agree more mate, he is basically the Yaya Toure for Arsenal. Essential piece of Arsenal's midfield.

Looks like Liverpool is going to get Tello and Sahin.... WTF?!

Lol! Not going to happen. And beside, Sahin will only go on loan this summer, not permament switch. Im sure Arsenal will get Sahin

for this year, though...

I think we dont need Mvila realy. He is similar to Mikel. What we would need is Yaya, Song

or Witsel; they pass much better, run more and also give more energy and play very consistent all time. Mikel and Mvila only make good short passes and defend well, thats all. With Mikel, we dont need Mvila, if Essien will come back, we dont need anyone...

Anyone else slightly concerned by the team Rodgers is trying to build? Good keeper and defence - Allen, Lucas, Gerrard, potentially Sahin in midfield. Suarez wide forward, Borini striker and maybe Gaston Ramirez/Tello added in. Looks like a decent team on paper...

Chelsea better get the right results. City and United will get top 2, then it's only two spots for Arsenal, Spurs, Us and maybe even Liverpool.

2 spots for 4 teams, we can't afford to slack.

xPetrCechx likes this

Anyone else slightly concerned by the team Rodgers is trying to build? Good keeper and defence - Allen, Lucas, Gerrard, potentially Sahin in midfield. Suarez wide forward, Borini striker and maybe Gaston Ramirez/Tello added in. Looks like a decent team on paper...

Yes mate... I was eating breakfast reading the paper earlier and thought.... Liverpool are going about good business in the background ..to be honest if Pool get Sahin.. Ramirez and Tello then they have a very good team and it does worry me because they have Rogers at the helm and he is a good manager who gets players onside, playing together.

Wise likes this

Liverfools will crash and burn like always. It's a sure thing. As sure as the Sky is blue.

I don't think so. I think Rodgers will do really well at Liverpool.

As for Chelsea, our new, pricey acquisitions are going to take TIME to gel (particularly Hazard & Oscar) & find their feet at EPL pace..hence I reckon anything more than 4th place finish would be great for this season.

I know Arsenal won't win anything but you can be sure that they'll finish 3rd or 4th this season.

Chelsea better get the right results. City and United will get top 2, then it's only two spots for Arsenal, Spurs, Us and maybe even Liverpool.

2 spots for 4 teams, we can't afford to slack.

Relax, we'll win the CL again and fuck Spurs over :ph34r:

BlueSanti likes this

Guys what do you think of us bringing in Adebayor on loan?

He's pretty good, 78 PL goals, even got 14 at the Yids, and he would offer a great physical alternative for us to whack high balls at if Torres isn't working.

Have you looked at his wages? He's on par with Torres.

I'd rather he refuses to go to Spurs (wage cap there is 70k, I believe) and causes disharmony behind the scenes at City, fucking up both in the process and benefitting us no end.

@GuillemBalague: alex Song transfer to Barcelona could be close. watch @SkySports for the latest...

Have to say, Barcelona's interest and pursuit of Song really came out of the blue.

I don't think so. I think Rodgers will do really well at Liverpool.

As for Chelsea, our new, pricey acquisitions are going to take TIME to gel (particularly Hazard & Oscar) & find their feet at EPL pace..hence I reckon anything more than 4th place finish would be great for this season.

I know Arsenal won't win anything but you can be sure that they'll finish 3rd or 4th this season.

I repeat. Liverfools will crash and burn again. Will be lucky to make it into the top 5.