Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I would take last year's Ramsey any day. But this year he wasnt nearly enough consistent. Then there are injuries.

True, but if he stays healthy, he could be as important as Cesc for Chelsea, if they got him.

Believe me, Nainggolan is much much better than Witsel on the ball.

I dont know about that. I mean, Maybe Nainggolan is slighttly inferior on the ball, but not for an important amount anyway. Nainggolan is technical, a good passer and could get out of trouble (pressing) in midfield with his dribble, power and ball control. I would say he's better than Matic on the ball, which for me suggests its good enough. Witsel is very calm and easy to look when on the ball, and a good CM off course, but tbh i never rated him too much, rarely i've seen him really dominates the midfield. When i saw Zenit in CL in the last 2-3 seasons he wasnt even the dominant CM in Zenit, he was always like 'the other CM who's easy to look at but things wont go through him, it would go through the Russien no-name besides him'.

When i see Nainggolan in Seria A (when he clearly was one of the best midfielders this season), i see a mature player, someone who could take the lead, and also a real fighter... i cant see all of that in Witsel, and i actually think he's far away from Radja if im honest, but you probably see him differently..

Quite surprised by these comments. He does not impress me on a technical level and in terms of vision and calmness on the ball at all. His strength lies off the ball and in his physical attributes. But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Vidal's transfer fee when he went from Leverkusen to Juve was somewhere between 10 and 12m Euros (not sure how many add-ons Bayer received), but yeah, your point still stands.

Yeah, you're right, it was 11 million Euros without the addons.

He subbed Oscar in this particular game because he was on a yellow, but was still flying around and making tackles. He had also already gotten Ibra sent off, and the PSG players clearly would milk any fouls he committed. Overall, it was one of his better games since January.

I don't think he'll leave though, Mourinho claimed he can make a big evolution next season and has always supported him since he returned. Oscar also does not cry when he's left out, and i'm sure Mou likes that about him.

Oscar's not going anywhere. I don't believe that all. Mourinho loves Oscar. He sees star potential in him. It would take a Mata/Luiz-esque offer to contemplate selling him.

Mourinho is pragmatic first and foremost. Do you actually believe that if he has an opportunity to sign Koke/Pogba sacrificing Oscar he would say 'nah, I will wait until Oscar finally turns against good team' ? I can't believe that someone suggest it ... It's Mourinho we're talking about !

He has nowhere near a status of JT, Ivanovic, Matic, Hazard, Diego etc. Nowhere near. I don't remember subbing Ivanovic, Matic, Cesc and Diego off when they were on a yellow and still trying they hardest to get the second card. How many times they were playing on the edge of the second card, especially Ivanovic and DC and still they were allowed to play ? Quite a few times, our striker was virtually sending off several times this season, yet he was still on the pitch by manager decision. If Oscar had the status of above players he would stay on the pitch against PSG. He is easy sheep to sacrifice. Willian already shows that he can play as a starting number 10. I lost count the number of times Oscar was dropped against bigger teams over the last 2 seasons. Even Azpilicueta took his place (!) against Atletico. Willian somehow always plays in the big games.

But of course Mourinho loves Oscar, because he says so - that's why he drops him to the bench.

Mourinho really irks lack of European trophy. And since Oscar doesn't help him against big boys it's easy that if there will be opportunity to replace him with better player, he will take it. I'm not saying selling Oscar for the sake of it but upgrading with the right player. When I recently listened Mourinho comments from recent years just after going out of the Champions League, it's easy to feel how much this trophy means to him. Remember when he dissed Di Matteo just because he won CL with Chelsea before him ? Adding to that he has to take the crown from Barcelona, he will try everything to challange for the trophy next season.

Do you actually believe that if he has an opportunity to sign Koke/Pogba sacrificing Oscar he would say 'nah, I will wait until Oscar finally turns against good team' ? I can't believe that someone suggest it ... It's Mourinho we're talking about !

I believe he did tried to check the situation of Koke and Pogba, maybe one-two months ago, but quickly he knew its impossible, hence the Oscar comment ("He'll have Hazard's evolution"). Just a speculation of course.

He'll bring a midfielder who's gonna play in the big games, and Oscar would probably challenge Willian for those games, like this season. But in the "Normal" games, i can still see Oscar as a regular starter, unless we bring another RW or Cuadrado starts to shine.

Mourinho is pragmatic first and foremost. Do you actually believe that if he has an opportunity to sign Koke/Pogba sacrificing Oscar he would say 'nah, I will wait until Oscar finally turns against good team' ? I can't believe that someone suggest it ... It's Mourinho we're talking about !

He has nowhere near a status of JT, Ivanovic, Matic, Hazard, Diego etc. Nowhere near. I don't remember subbing Ivanovic, Matic, Cesc and Diego off when they were on a yellow and still trying they hardest to get the second card. How many times they were playing on the edge of the second card, especially Ivanovic and DC and still they were allowed to play ? Quite a few times, our striker was virtually sending off several times this season, yet he was still on the pitch by manager decision. If Oscar had the status of above players he would stay on the pitch against PSG. He is easy sheep to sacrifice. Willian already shows that he can play as a starting number 10. I lost count the number of times Oscar was dropped against bigger teams over the last 2 seasons. Even Azpilicueta took his place (!) against Atletico. Willian somehow always plays in the big games.

But of course Mourinho loves Oscar, because he says so - that's why he drops him to the bencbench

Matic has actually been subbed quite a few times.

Oscar is stable. And he gets subbed less because there is a lack of backup quality. Jose prefers to play Oscar deep often over Ramires as his ball control is so poor. Playing Willian at 10 leaves a hole on the wing. Cuadrado is not good enough yet at least and we both know Dave was deployed on the right wing to stop Filipe Luis not because Oscar was not good enough.

Next season will certainly be the one to judge him on.

Finally, Mourinho's system requires his no 10 to do the defensive work for the DLP - Fabregas. I don't think there is a CAM that does this better than Oscar, aside from Willian of course. I can't fault the argument, then, that we should replace him with a CM b2b player either.

Reports: Mourinho would try everything to get Raphael Varane at Chelsea

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho would do ‘everything’ in his power to bring Raphael Varane to Stamford Bridge, reports Le10sport.com.

Link. http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-mourinho-would-try-everything-to-get-raphael-varane-at-chelsea/394510

I would give anything to see Varane with us. In fact, Varane would be my big bet for this summer market. I hope his move is still possible. If there was any chance I'd go for him with eyes closed.

The only hope I have is the great friendship between Jose and Varane and the big admiration that Varane has about Jose.

Regards.

But of course Mourinho loves Oscar, because he says so - that's why he drops him to the bench.

Mourinho really irks lack of European trophy. And since Oscar doesn't help him against big boys it's easy that if there will be opportunity to replace him with better player, he will take it. I'm not saying selling Oscar for the sake of it but upgrading with the right player. When I recently listened Mourinho comments from recent years just after going out of the Champions League, it's easy to feel how much this trophy means to him. Remember when he dissed Di Matteo just because he won CL with Chelsea before him ? Adding to that he has to take the crown from Barcelona, he will try everything to challange for the trophy next season.

I think it's clear you would happily let go of Oscar. I say prepare to be disappointed.

I really, really want Ox if Cech goes to Le Arse. I'm endeared towards him due to his Chelsea love in the past, having Zola posters apparently etc. He's ok too.

Edit: If anyone saw the typo of 'pasta' i don't even know how that happened

Allan from udinese looks like real deal. Saw only youtube stuff from him, but he looks like perfect Mou player.

Warrior, b2b, very skilled and has alot of pace, stamina and power.

Been on barca forum awhile when to see what they think of pogba and several said allan would be better, given the price.

Allan from udinese looks like real deal. Saw only youtube stuff from him, but he looks like perfect Mou player.

Warrior, b2b, very skilled and has alot of pace, stamina and power.

Been on barca forum awhile when to see what they think of pogba and several said allan would be better, given the price.

Same as you, I only saw him on YouTube clips but I was shocked at how good he is on the ball... Napoli wants him and Di Marzio and Gds are saying Udinese wants 18m euros. There are a lot of options for midfield and he's certainly seems like a good one. Though like I said i haven't seen a full game...