Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Am I the only one that legitimately can't understand why we would sell Cech to Arsenal? I know football fans love to dismiss them because it is Arsenal & Wenger after all but the law of averages suggests they'll get it right eventually & what better way to start than acquiring one of the greatest goalkeepers of the modern era? Hell, I'd argue that even without Cech they currently have a far better squad than us right now.

I say we forever alienate Cech and force him to either join United if De Gea does indeed leave or sell him abroad. We simply can't hand our #1 title challenger a Legendary goalkeeper on a plate. The increase in quality from Ospina/Szczesny to Cech is way too huge.

I simply can't see Jose cosigning this decision.

This post is hilarious. Arsenal may be the most mentally weak top side in Europe, If Mourinho wants to get a draw with them we will get a draw. The odds are in our favor that we will get some combination of a win and a draw against them next year.

Going into a match against Arsenal does not worry me at all with Jose at the helm. We play far too organized for them, we can sustain their constant pressure, counter, and then park the bus. The Jose formula for beating Wenger.

Alexis Sanchez (I think he's better than Oscar, Willian and Cuadrado)

Not bad, i give you that!

But i compare him with Eden Hazard because he is playing on the left wing too. I prefer Eden all day long!

In my opinion Arsenal is overrated. When was the last time they won an important match against a big opponent in Europe?

All they do is crashing out early and winning their 4th place trophy. Every year Wenger is laughing all the way to the bank....

Jackson Martinez's agent says someone paid the release clause of 35m Euros, wonder who. Arsenal, Valencia or Milan, as it looks.

Probably Milan, read that Galliani has arrived in Portugal last night to conclude the deal. And he will try to sign Brahimi as well.

Please name me one player from Arsenal's starting eleven who is better than Chelsea's?

Maybe their depth is better, but that's all. Just my opinion.

exactly

courtois/cech vs ospina/sczesny

iva vs belerin

GC vs per

JT vs kos

azpi vs gibbs/monreal

matic vs coq

cesc vs ramsey

hazard vs sanchez

oscar vs ozil

willian vs cazorla

costa vs giroud

except for "oscar v ozi" - there is not a single match up that arsenal can win. whats worse is, arsenal have a "far better squad"... ya sure, thats why they ended up 12 points behind us.

exactly

iva vs belerin

GC vs per

JT vs kos

azpi vs gibbs/monreal

matic vs coq

cesc vs ramsey

hazard vs sanchez

oscar vs ozil

willian vs cazorla

costa vs giroud

except for "oscar v ozi" - there is not a single match up that arsenal can win. whats worse is, arsenal have a "far better squad"... ya sure, thats why they ended up 12 points behind us.

whilst I agree with profile, matching player for player is pointless considering the teams are generally set up to play in different ways

exactly

iva vs belerin

GC vs per

JT vs kos

azpi vs gibbs/monreal

matic vs coq

cesc vs ramsey

hazard vs sanchez

oscar vs ozil

willian vs cazorla

costa vs giroud

I would go this way

Courtois

Iva-Kos-Jt-Azpi

Matic-Cesc

Alexis-Cazorla-Hazard

That makes 8 vs 3.

With Coquelin, bellerin as backup who are young and could end up being very good. And Oscar who i have not given up yet. he is young and will have long rest finaly, he could surprise a few next season.

exactly

iva vs belerin

GC vs per

JT vs kos

azpi vs gibbs/monreal

matic vs coq

cesc vs ramsey

hazard vs sanchez

oscar vs ozil

willian vs cazorla

costa vs giroud

While I hate the gooners with a real passion they were very unlucky this season. Their Germans came back from the WC 2 weeks after Schurrle did so they were very sluggish for alot of the early season. And they had so bad luck with injuries. We couldnt of handled it with our small squad. We had enough problems sorting a striker out.

Like them or hate them they came back strong and we were just lucky to have had a big buffer built up early in the season. And if Wenger gets a few good transfers (with us helping them big time with big Pete) then I see them being a force to deal with next year.

Mourinho talked at the BT Sport launch of their Champions League coverage, a Mail reporter who was there tweets:

"Jose Mourinho reveals he is targeting a striker, defender and midfielder in the transfer market this summer."

Mourinho talked at the BT Sport launch of their Champions League coverage, a Mail reporter who was there tweets:

"Jose Mourinho reveals he is targeting a striker, defender and midfielder in the transfer market this summer."

but with Jose...it what he doesnt reveal is more important ;-)

I hope hes just trying to pull a Mou cause IMHO thats not enough. Thers bound to be some sells or loanaways too so whereas before he said he wanted to grow the squad to 25/26 it shall leave us the same as last season.

I'm still nervous and begining to quiver.

Good to finally hear that from him ! Many people doubted that defender (CB) will be our target which for me is obvious ...

While I hate the gooners with a real passion they were very unlucky this season. Their Germans came back from the WC 2 weeks after Schurrle did so they were very sluggish for alot of the early season. And they had so bad luck with injuries. We couldnt of handled it with our small squad. We had enough problems sorting a striker out.

Like them or hate them they came back strong and we were just lucky to have had a big buffer built up early in the season. And if Wenger gets a few good transfers (with us helping them big time with big Pete) then I see them being a force to deal with next year.

but is not it the case every year? "they had a lot of injuries", "they are just one DM short of a WC team", "they are just one CB short" , "they are jut one striker short", yada yada yada.. at the end of the day, they dont have what it takes to win a league. you need balls, grit and a lot of mental strength, none of which arsenal have. when the going is good, they look like the best team in the world. but a league is won over 38 games, half of which, you wont be at the top of the game.

not at all scared or worried about arsenal. they will find a way to lose.

but is not it the case every year? "they had a lot of injuries", "they are just one DM short of a WC team", "they are just one CB short" , "they are jut one striker short", yada yada yada.. at the end of the day, they dont have what it takes to win a league. you need balls, grit and a lot of mental strength, none of which arsenal have. when the going is good, they look like the best team in the world. but a league is won over 38 games, half of which, you wont be at the top of the game.

not at all scared or worried about arsenal. they will find a way to lose.

just hope they keep the same training and medical regime as they always have. Its obvious there is a problem with that and Wenger is too stubborn to change his ways

@Unionjack

Why are you worried with what Jose has said? I am pretty satisfied with his evaluation of our needs. Combining various sources, interviews so far 2 things are crystal clear-

1. Jose acknowledges that what's not broken doesn't need fixing. This is a title winning squad. There's no need for major overhaul. The priority is to keep the players we have won the title with.

2. He is going to bring in 3 players- a defender (ideally a pacy center back), a midfielder (ideally a proper right winger) and a striker (to provide some competition and backup for Remy and Costa).

If the window goes like how Jose has said he envisions it to go, it would be a pretty good window. We would've attained depth and genuine quality on the bench or in the XI to challenge on all fronts. Let me get this straight- it is not sensible to advocate wholesome changes to any squad let alone a title winning squad. I know lots of us would designate selling Mikel, Ramires, Cuadrado, Luis and buying Reus, Schniderlin, Varane, Benteke a desirable window but that happens in FIFA only. A squad needs fringe players like Mikel and Ramires. No matter how much we would like to see 2 world class options for every position- that's never going to happen in the real world.