Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I don't think Mou will sign another CB, unless Varane becomes available. He seems pretty contempt about our CB situation, but Varane is the only player he would not pass on since he rates him so highly.

Tbh CB situation is fine in the short term at least, with Terry, Cahill, and Zouma.

We will buy another striker with Drogba leaving. Hopefully Zlatan.

Am I the only person who thinks (fears) that Diego's hammy is a long term (forever?) nagging injury? I worry that he will miss substantial time next year. Would it be a good idea to sell him and get two strikers for next season? Am I nuts? Note - I really like Diego and hope he heals permanently.

I think Mourinho could want Schneiderlin (or another player with similar attributes) so he could play him next to Matic and Cesc in some games like he did with Ramires a lot. While he can also be Matic's back up.

He loves Ramires.

Am I the only person who thinks (fears) that Diego's hammy is a long term (forever?) nagging injury? I worry that he will miss substantial time next year. Would it be a good idea to sell him and get two strikers for next season? Am I nuts? Note - I really like Diego and hope he heals permanently.

Yes, we need to preparing for the worst, always. But no need to sell Costa of course. Just buy another experienced 3rd striker will do. Bamford is close but I think he need one more year loan, this time to PL club.

“We like the players, we’re happy with them,” said Mourinho. “Two or three are always coming to the club, that’s normal.

“If you come to a champion team you are not a big name. The big names are the champions.

“How can I find a better striker than Diego Costa? A better midfielder than Nemanja Matic? A better right-back than Branislav Ivanovic?

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/mourinho-targets-two-or-three-signings-with-griezmann-pogba-and-varane-on-chelseas-wishlist-10280972.html

If anyone thought Ivanovic would see his role in the side reduced next season they're kidding themselves.

So long as he's fit he'll start every match next season again. He's undroppable just like Matic, Hazard, and JT.

Courtois (Cech cup keeper, Beeney 3rd choice)

Ivanovic (Kalas; Azpi) Cahill (Zouma; Kalas) Terry (Kalas; Christensen) Azpi (Ake)

Matic (2nd DM; Ake) Cesc (Schweinsteiger; RLC)

Reus (Cuadrado; Oscar) Willian (Oscar; Cesc) Hazard (Willian; Cuadrado)

Costa (Remy; Solanke/Bamford)

Of course, on form Oscar could take Willian's place, or Zouma for Cahill.... etc etc.

I agree that Ivanovic will not recieve reduced playing time on the right, however. He's still fantastic in position and when he's told to be a right back version of Dave he can do it happily. The only reason he won't play every minute next season at RB is if we get a huge spate of injuries at centre half or if he is injured, not to mention that in absence of Cech (if he stays) he will be the next captain in line with Terry. Our defence with no modifications is fine for the next season and potentially the season afterwards too, depending on how much longevity Terry has left in him. Schweinsteiger would be a fantastic backup or in a 4-3-3 partner to Cesc, and Bayern seem to be ready to be rid of him.

Yes, we need to preparing for the worst, always. But no need to sell Costa of course. Just buy another experienced 3rd striker will do. Bamford is close but I think he need one more year loan, this time to PL club.

Loaning to Premier league club can be risky. He could easily be 2nd or 3rd striker with low playing minutes ... I think another year in Middelsbrough will do him good. He is their main man, main striker, in a pretty strong league. One year loan there and he can attack top scorer and help Boro reach the Premier league :)

If anyone is taking Mourinho's words about "no big names" or "2 or 3, and keep all my players" is mental. The only time I will never take Jose's words at face value is during a window

You don't retain titles without going big in the window... Simple as. We have to be even better than last year and that's not gonna happen with a few squad players.

You don't retain titles without going big in the window... Simple as. We have to be even better than last year and that's not gonna happen with a few squad players.

spot on. This comment makes sense in regards to his "big name" wording

"When you join the Champions you aren't a big name, the big names are the champions"

He knows City, Utd and even Arsenal are going to invest a lot, we can't stand still, words of Jose himself

I wish I saw the brilliance Mourinho sees in Ivanovic. I really do. I used to love him but he's frustrated me so much this season.

I think he gets picked mostly because he's a set piece target and a set piece defender. We just have to take the bad with the good with Brana. He does switch off from time to time, but he can be brilliant too. Like against A.Sanchez at stamford bridge this year.