Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Where's all the love for Otamendi come from?

Decent player from what i've seen but surely worth around £20M and no more than £25M?

Also, JT has just had his best season yet and Zouma is one of the best young CBs in the world. Unless we're buying to replace Cahill because he's off or buying world class why would we need another CB until when JT's legs finally fail him?

Where's all the love for Otamendi come from?

Decent player from what i've seen but surely worth around £20M and no more than £25M?

Also, JT has just had his best season yet and Zouma is one of the best young CBs in the world. Unless we're buying to replace Cahill because he's off or buying world class why would we need another CB until when JT's legs finally fail him?

To play proactive football and building play from the back ?

Varane, Laporte, Otamendi and co. would replace Cahill.

To play proactive football and building play from the back ?

Varane, Laporte, Otamendi and co. would replace Cahill.

Agree with Varane because he's world class. Would love us to buy him. Laporte is a great prospect for the future but we already have Zouma who is of a similar level. He would also be a great signing but probably better to wait until

JT has gone first, otherwise one of him and Zouma aren't getting game time.

Otamendi is good. But he is neither young nor world class. I'm not convinced he's any better than Cahill tbh. So why him?

If we're going for the finished article CB, Hummels, one of the 3 Juve CBs or Godin would be much better shouts IMO.

Otamendi is good. But he is neither young nor world class. I'm not convinced he's any better than Cahill tbh. So why him?

If we're going for the finished article CB, Hummels, one of the 3 Juve CBs or Godin would be much better shouts IMO.

Well imo Otamendi is better than Varane and better than Hummels. And I hear from a lot of La Liga fans that he was the best CB in the league this season.

I dont know if he worth the money for us, but i think you underrate him.

Agree with Varane because he's world class. Would love us to buy him. Laporte is a great prospect for the future but we already have Zouma who is of a similar level. He would also be a great signing but probably better to wait until

Laporte is currently better than Zouma.

Zouma is good young player, who is improving, but he is still way off having proper positional sense. He was atrocious in the summer, when he couldn't control Akinfenwa and other players movement from Wimbledon team. He will be good in 2-3 years but he is still on big learning curve.

Laporte entertain interest from Real, Barcelona, Man Utd etc. He's really, really good and I think he's at the level when he could already take CB spot next to Terry seamlessly.

Otamendi is easily top 5 CB in the world from this season. Anyone who has watched him regularly will say that. But he won't leave.

Chelsea need fast, proactive defender with ball-playing skills. Hummels is not proactive, besides he's Man Utd if he does move. Godin is neither, though he is VERY good, but not the type we're after. Chiellini just signed new contract, which is a pity, so he's no go (his last deal was expiring by the June 2015 so he surely signed new one to stay). Barzagli is too old and Bonucci is the worst of them, not good enough.

Personally I think Chelsea will fight for Varane and alternatives are Laporte, Stones, Manolas, Sokratis.

Well imo Otamendi is better than Varane and better than Hummels. And I hear from a lot of La Liga fans that he was the best CB in the league this season.

I dont know if he worth the money for us, but i think you underrate him.

That's one hell of a bold call.

It's all up for debate and I must admit I don't watch La Liga as much as other European Leagues as the diving and cheating gets on my nerves so i'd be willing to accept it.

Maybe I do underrate him, but he would have to be a bloody good CB to be better than those 2 you mentioned. If we do sign him and he is then good on our scouts and you!!

Laporte is currently better than Zouma.

Zouma is good young player, who is improving, but he is still way off having proper positional sense. He was atrocious in the summer, when he couldn't control Akinfenwa and other players movement from Wimbledon team. He will be good in 2-3 years but he is still on big learning curve.

Laporte entertain interest from Real, Barcelona, Man Utd etc. He's really, really good and I think he's at the level when he could already take CB spot next to Terry seamlessly.

Otamendi is easily top 5 CB in the world from this season. Anyone who has watched him regularly will say that. But he won't leave.

Chelsea need fast, proactive defender with ball-playing skills. Hummels is not proactive, besides he's Man Utd if he does move. Godin is neither, though he is VERY good, but not the type we're after. Chiellini just signed new contract, which is a pity, so he's no go (his last deal was expiring by the June 2015 so he surely signed new one to stay). Barzagli is too old and Bonucci is the worst of them, not good enough.

Personally I think Chelsea will fight for Varane and alternatives are Laporte, Stones, Manolas, Sokratis.

At least you're looking for a specific type of player and I commend you for that.

He could well be top 5 in the world this year but he has to do that consistently to be seen as a world class player (I know you never said that, but just saying). For instance Harry Kane has been one of the best strikers in Europe this year, we need to wait and see if he maintains it for years to come to decide whether he's just a flash in the pan or not though..

Personally the only CB's i'd personally sign are Varane, Laporte, Hummels or Stones. Any others aren't that much better than Zouma IMO to deserve being brought to the club when hes already settled here.

Manolas is as yet unproven (only 1 season at a decent club, no offense to Olympiakos, but it's true) and Sokratis really isn't that good (trust me here I watch a lot of Dortmund as my brother is a huge fan of theirs!!)

He could well be top 5 in the world this year but he has to do that consistently to be seen as a world class player (I know you never said that, but just saying). For instance Harry Kane has been one of the best strikers in Europe this year, we need to wait and see if he maintains it for years to come to decide whether he's just a flash in the pan or not though..

Yeah you're right and I wrote this few times in Otamendi topic. Leaving this season aside, he was average for Porto for most part of his time there. Mangala was easily better and Otamendi was sold for only 12m€. Porto usually sells for 25m€+ and they were happy to sell Otamendi for 12m€ even though they bought him for 8m€. For me it's telling.

That's one hell of a bold call.

It's all up for debate and I must admit I don't watch La Liga as much as other European Leagues as the diving and cheating gets on my nerves so i'd be willing to accept it.

Maybe I do underrate him, but he would have to be a bloody good CB to be better than those 2 you mentioned. If we do sign him and he is then good on our scouts and you!!

I dont think its bold at all, Varane and especially Hummles are from from perfect CBs, i see both as vulnerable (making quite a lot of errors) and Hummles is actually very slow.

The guy(Otamendi) has great beard. And he rape Messi in his last match against Barcelona. So, I very much agree with Skipper.

About Hummels, yeah he's slow and loves his cave. The argentinean isn't too fast, again. That's why Varane is so perfect in my eyes; is pretty fast. Is a central for a big team who plays more in the other area. Maybe the french is too "affable", but is normal, i mean, he has 22 years.

Otamendi was the best CB in La Liga this season.