Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Has anyone watched Di Maria this season? He's been a flop of Torresian proportions! Why are people all up on him now? I don't want to bail out Utd at all... If we're looking to get one of their players for Cech let it be Phil Jones... Versatile, English, decent.

no gaitan.. please... would not mind ADM though.. if we get him for like 10+cech.

Your sayin united values maria at like 25m? Give or take +5,-5

Highly doubt di Maria will be sold for so little when PSG were willing to spend big on him.

Has anyone watched Di Maria this season? He's been a flop of Torresian proportions! Why are people all up on him now? I don't want to bail out Utd at all... If we're looking to get one of their players for Cech let it be Phil Jones... Versatile, English, decent.

Think there a better chance getting shaw over jones.

Don't think LVG is fully convinced about Shaw.

You say Di Maria has been a flop yet he still has 10 Assists this season only Fabregas has more! Di Maria is an assist magnet like Fabregas, he was unlucky starting his career in England playing for a Man United team who had many key players injured a new manager who didnt know his best XI and were playing terrible football! he couldnt settle, and that is understandable giving the circumstances.

At Chelsea it would be very different for him and would no doubt show what he can really do for us, he would be an incredible signing for us, and would most likley get 15+ assists in the PL with us. its a no brainer to sign him if he is available.

More reports and different sources about Gaitan, including one who says he's coming to Chelsea.

Nico Gaitán today played his last game with the jersey of Benfica in the Estadio da Luz. Nico Gaitan will head to England next season and Chelsea, as revealed by Correio da Manhã, is profiled as a destination club (Correio da Manhã)

Luís Filipe Vieira, President of Benfica, and Mendes were in England to discuss the sale of Gaitan to a British club. (via @cmjornal)

The purpose of the trip by #SLB's President and Mendes was to negotiate the transfer of Nico Gaitan and Eduardo Salvio. A source close to Benfica, expects the transfer for Gaitan/Salvio to be closed in the coming days. (Jornal de Notícias)

You say Di Maria has been a flop yet he still has 10 Assists this season only Fabregas has more! Di Maria is an assist magnet like Fabregas, he was unlucky starting his career in England playing for a Man United team who had many key players injured a new manager who didnt know his best XI and were playing terrible football! he couldnt settle, and that is understandable giving the circumstances.

At Chelsea it would be very different for him and would no doubt show what he can really do for us, he would be an incredible signing for us, and would most likley get 15+ assists in the PL with us. its a no brainer to sign him if he is available.

What does he do well that will help us? Does he win possession? Nope. Does he work hard for the team? Nope. Does he beat men off the dribble? Nope. Does he score goals? Nope. Does he possess the ability to create scoring opportunities with a key pass? Somewhat... but mostly with diagonal crosses to the back post.

So how would we use him? Like Bale? Bale scores goals DiMaria runs fast and out of control.

What does he do well that will help us? Does he win possession? Nope. Does he work hard for the team? Nope. Does he beat men off the dribble? Nope. Does he score goals? Nope. Does he possess the ability to create scoring opportunities with a key pass? Somewhat... but mostly with diagonal crosses to the back post.

So how would we use him? Like Bale? Bale scores goals DiMaria runs fast and out of control.

What??? after reading your post i am startnig to think you have only ever seen Di Maria play this season and never heard of the guy before he signed for Man U.

Has anyone seen Moutinho play in recent times? He used to be one of my favourites, could be great backup/complimentary player to Cesc. If Schneiderlin or Schweinsteiger are unavailable, he might be a good buy!

Midfield: Matic, Cesc, Moutinho, Ramires, Loftus-Cheek.

That team would still be lacking a clear backup for Matic but having both a defensive midfield backup and central midfield backup would really get in way of RLC's chances of ever making it at Stamford Bridge. Ake could play that role as well as Zouma.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently I saw the (bullshit) news about us planning on buying Zlatan and I can't get rid of this thought. He could be absolutely fantastic buy for the team. And against lesser teams we could play with 4-4-2 or with Zlatan as #10 in 4-2-3-1.

Strikers: Costa, Zlatan, Remy/Solanke

For attacking midfield/wingers we should only be looking for the best or leave it as it is. Either buy Bale or Reus or avoid panic buys like the one with Cuadrado. Di Maria could be a good buy if he was available for reasonable discount but his performance levels would not be guarantee, which should be the case with his price tag.

Attacking midfield: Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Cuadrado, and a youngster like Boga/Brown.

Assumed that Filipe Luis is departing, Ake could be the new backup for Azpilicueta whilst Azpi would be the backup for Ivanovic. The question remains whether the squad would be too thin in that area.

Fullbacks: Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Ake, (Zouma/Christensen)

I think Chelsea is set in central defence for another year and next year when Terry might retire is the time when a new superstar should be bought.

Central defence: Terry, Zouma, Cahill, Christensen (Ivanovic)

As Cech seems to be leaving, a new possibly English goalkeeper should be found to be backup for Courtois.

Goalkeepers: Courtois, Green, Blackman

-----------------------------

Size of squad: 23 players.

What??? after reading your post i am startnig to think you have only ever seen Di Maria play this season and never heard of the guy before he signed for Man U.

No I've never seen him play before.

Explain to me what I'm missing

For his career he averages 1.1 tackle and 0.8 interceptions

Working hard for me means tracking back and covering for teammates, not exactly the hallmark for Angel.

For his career he averages 1.6 dribbles a game which is pretty much average for a AM

His career he averages two key passes a game which is a bit skewed since he is usually on set piece duty(Corners where a scoring chance is generated counts as a key pass) But with that said I guess you can say he is decent in the chance creation department.

He averages a goal every 5 games again not anything close to scintillating...

So what am I missing since you seem to watch him more than me.

Gaitan, yet another AM linked to Chelsea that can't score. Wonderful.

Wouldn't be a bad foil to Cesc and Oscar though, seems pretty tidy and is a left footer who can deliver decent set pieces... For the rumoured price we can definitely do worse.