Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Cuadrado was the third best player in serie A last season after Benatia and Immobile (based on form and consistency rather than reputation) and Draxler is far more productive player than Willian can ever hope to be.

Also I thought we were discussing who the better players were (since you claim those 2 aren't better than Willian) and not who's more suitable to our system?

when we are talking abput players in a thread called "january transfer window", i would assume, people are basing their arguments on the context of CFC itself. well atleast i did.

draxler IS more of a goal threat and better going forward but in no way is he anywhere near willian's workrate and all round play, something which is pretty important to us. i have seen fiorentina in big matches and in europa (last season). dint see anyone making a fuss about him then and justifiably. only cos of a good world cup, is he now "a must get" player. also, i dont think cuadrado made the team of the year for serie A. did he? hardly a player for whom we should be paying 30mil. totally agree with "viper". proper case of a grass is always greener on the other side syndrome.

Oscar is not a technically gifted player and Matic has 'good technique for a DM' but in general, he's technically solid though far from spectacular. That leaves you with two player with a great level of technique. To make that next step, I assume Chelsea still has the ambition to the best team in world football, you'll need a lot more technical ability in your squad. Real, Bayern and (prime) Barca prove that fact.

Take out Fabregas and Chelsea's centre midfield becomes all about power and work-rate. That's not good.

I don't agree with Khedira being a upgrade on Ramires btw. They're on a similar level, both have their qualities and weaknesses. I'd rather have Ramires for his athleticism, speed, versatality and his transition play, which is crucial for Chelsea's system.

Khedira's injury really was a blessing in disguise for Real. It made way for more gifted players, and they're better than ever (talking about recent times, of course).

You said technically limited. While Oscar and Matic aren't Modric/Fabregas/Pirlo level they are not technically limited. You might be right about us needing a bit more but I personally think that would come in the form on Reus or Pogba, neither over gifted players but power runners and goal scorers.

Agree that without Fabregas we lack that creative spark, but that's why we have him. Ramires is the most technically limited player in our team, so I don't see how you don't want Khedira but want Ramires?

As for whether Khedira is better than Ramires, that's down to opinion, so while I disagree entirely there's not much I can say to change your mind I imagine.

You said technically limited. While Oscar and Matic aren't Modric/Fabregas/Pirlo level they are not technically limited. You might be right about us needing a bit more but I personally think that would come in the form on Reus or Pogba, neither over gifted players but power runners and goal scorers.

Agree that without Fabregas we lack that creative spark, but that's why we have him. Ramires is the most technically limited player in our team, so I don't see how you don't want Khedira but want Ramires?

As for whether Khedira is better than Ramires, that's down to opinion, so while I disagree entirely there's not much I can say to change your mind I imagine.

You really don't think Oscar is technically limited? He's decent in a lot areas technically but doesn't stand out in anything. Decent touch, decent shooter, decent dribbler, decent passer (I have to say, he's surprisingly a expert 1-touch passer though), decent finisher... he can be frustratingly sloppy. I'd call that technically limited. He really needs to make strides technically.

When I say technically limited, I'm not saying you can hardly control a ball.

That's the thing. Fabregas can't play every game and he will get injured from time to time. I personally don't like the fact that area of the squad is so lacking technically, as a elite side.

I already mentioned why I chose Ramires over Khedira. And me not mentioning anything about his technique was definitely on purpose. But Ramires is already here. If you're going to get a upgrade on Ramires, get a real upgrade. Khedira has a lot of energy and is decent on the ball, but is another player who is at his best without the ball.

You really don't think Oscar is technically limited? He's decent in a lot areas technically but doesn't stand out in anything. Decent touch, decent shooter, decent dribbler, decent passer (I have to say, he's surprisingly a expert 1-touch passer though), decent finisher... he can be frustratingly sloppy. I'd call that technically limited. He really needs to make strides technically.

When I say technically limited, I'm not saying you can hardly control a ball.

That's the thing. Fabregas can't play every game and he will get injured from time to time. I personally don't like the fact that area of the squad is so lacking technically, as a elite side.

I already mentioned why I chose Ramires over Khedira. And me not mentioning anything about his technique was definitely on purpose. But Ramires is already here. If you're going to get a upgrade on Ramires, get a real upgrade. Khedira has a lot of energy and is decent on the ball, but is another player who is at his best without the ball.

No, i don't think Oscar is technically limited, and to suggest so is laughable. He's got a fantastic work rate. If you think being very good in most areas is technically limited then i'm not sure I know what to say.... God knows what you think Mikel or fucking Carlton Cole are then.

So who do we sign as a replacement for Fab? Cos I think Oscar is more than adept at dropping into that role if we had a 3 man midfield. We wouldn't get a better player than Oscar without shelling out tons, and then who's to say that person would want to sit on the bench.

No, i don't think Oscar is technically limited, and to suggest so is laughable. He's got a fantastic work rate. If you think being very good in most areas is technically limited then i'm not sure I know what to say.... God knows what you think Mikel or fucking Carlton Cole are then.

So who do we sign as a replacement for Fab? Cos I think Oscar is more than adept at dropping into that role if we had a 3 man midfield. We wouldn't get a better player than Oscar without shelling out tons, and then who's to say that person would want to sit on the bench.

There's nothing laughable about it because it's the truth. Technique reflects all aspects of football : passing, touch/close control dribbling, shooting and oscar is painfully limited in all of these aspects bar shooting which isn't great but better than average.

It's no coincidence that the non technical aspect (workrate) is what people use to rate him as a good player and justify his inclusion in the first team/starting 11. You hear words like, He gives us balance, he helps us keep the shape etc. reminds you of anyone? Ramires.

Mats Hummels is a superb illustration that if you are technically good, people will highlight that aspect of your game more often regardless of the position and role you play in the team.

I have been watching football for a long long time (since the 80's to be precise) and have seen enough of Oscar to know he's technically limited player.

Reus in and we win the PL for sure.

Hell, we even win the CL.

Not going to happen though. If he goes to Bayern in the summer, that would just be so incredibly lame. Although City would be even worse.

Would be a dream signing but not realistic in January since Dortmund are already in the last 16 of CL. Rather see him at Bayern than in the EPL for another club. He is cuptied so won't be able to help us in the CL.

Reus in and we win the PL for sure.

Hell, we even win the CL.

Not going to happen though. If he goes to Bayern in the summer, that would just be so incredibly lame. Although City would be even worse.

Would be a dream signing but not realistic in January since Dortmund are already in the last 16 of CL. Rather see him at Bayern than in the EPL for another club. He is cuptied so won't be able to help us in the CL.

IMO there is only one player we should be looking to sign right now and that is a centre-back. We're incredibly weak there. Varane would be an ideal signing.

Varane would be first choice for me as well, but should've tried to sign him last summer. Not sure how possible it is now after he's signed a new contract. Never say never though! Maybe Mourinho can whisper sweet nothings in his ears.

Varane would be first choice for me as well, but should've tried to sign him last summer. Not sure how possible it is now after he's signed a new contract. Never say never though! Maybe Mourinho can whisper sweet nothings in his ears.

New contracts are usually only offered when other clubs make an offer. He probably signed that because he was approached by another club in the summer. Ultimately money talks and if we offer the right amount then Real will sell.

New contracts are usually only offered when other clubs make an offer. He probably signed that because he was approached by another club in the summer. Ultimately money talks and if we offer the right amount then Real will sell.

Surely we'd have to fork up the largest fee ever for a defender?

We need a Central Defense but which that can play Champions League?.

IMO there is only one player we should be looking to sign right now and that is a centre-back. We're incredibly weak there. Varane would be an ideal signing.

Buff, Varane is a dream, the best defense for the next 10 years, but i dont think that Madrid sell him. The only way is that he continue and the bench and Mou can convince him.

if there is any chance, we can not miss.