Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

callejon? pedro? cuadrado? even draxler? dont think any of them is better than willian. reus is the only one who makes sense specially considering how "cheap" he might come

callejon? pedro? cuadrado? even draxler? dont think any of them is better than willian. reus is the only one who makes sense specially considering how "cheap" he might come

Agree, but if I could choose, I prefer any on that list to replace Salah at January or next summer.

Agree, but if I could choose, I prefer any on that list to replace Salah at January or next summer.

maybe, but i would rather have a HG player like moses or a youth player to replace salah. also to buy any of those players we need atleast 20mil, cuadrado would cost 30mil and draxler about 40mil. so dont see the point of having a 20mil plus player on the bench who does not really improve us a lot!!!

n the other hand if we sell willian and get reus in the next summer window, that would be absolutely fabulous first team!!!

Would anyone be unhappy with:

OUT: Salah (Loan/Transfer), Mikel (Transfer), Cech (Transfer :cry: ).

IN: Young HG Keeper for 2nd Choice, any one of Khedira, Pogba, Varane, Hummels, Sterling or Reus (depending on prices and availability).

Could promote Ake and Boga to the first team squad too to replace Mikel and Salah unless we get one of the aforementioned players.

Would anyone be unhappy with:

OUT: Salah (Loan/Transfer), Mikel (Transfer), Cech (Transfer :cry: ).

IN: Young HG Keeper for 2nd Choice, any one of Khedira, Pogba, Varane, Hummels, Sterling or Reus (depending on prices and availability).

Could promote Ake and Boga to the first team squad too to replace Mikel and Salah unless we get one of the aforementioned players.

I so wanted Varane to come in the summer but he signed a new contract so not sure the probability of that transfer to be honest, same can be said about Pogba :(

But if we could get one of varane, pogba or reus in january, I'd be happy. Cech leaving would dampen the feeling though.

Draxler and cuadrado are comfortably better than Willian.

really? in what way? a 5 match world cup makes cuadrado "comfotably" better? have never seen him set the pitch on fire for fiorentina. as for draxler, he is a left winger who would be needed to be shifted to the RW and whose defensive frailities would simply increase the workload on oscar. willian on the other hand, gives far more stability to our system. also draxler would cost 40mil, hardly a price we should be paying for a makeshift RW and a player who is pretty far from WC.

Draxler and cuadrado are comfortably better than Willian.

No, they're really not. Draxler definitely has the potential to be comfortably better than Willian but he's not ATM. And I really like Cuadrado, have liked him for ages being a follower of Serie A aswell as the BPL. But he is not comfortably better than Willian. He's about the same level, better going forwards but Willian is far better around the park, so it levels out.

This is probably just grass is greener syndrome. Everyone has forgotten how effective he was for Shakthar going forwards, his constant hard work around the park for Chelsea (tracking back and the such like) has stifled this slightly but he does need to step it up even so, Oscar has managed great work at both ends of the pitch recently after all.

Khedira? Chelsea have a squad filled with technically limited players. If you're going to buy someone, get a technically gifted player.

Really? Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard and even Matic would beg to differ. Khedira would be signed as a 3rd CM member to play alongside Matic & Fab, as a kind of upgrade from Ramires (which he is). His hard work around the park would allow the players further forward (Hazard and our RW - Oscar/Willian/Another) a lot more freedom than they currently have.

Really? Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard and even Matic would beg to differ. Khedira would be signed as a 3rd CM member to play alongside Matic & Fab, as a kind of upgrade from Ramires (which he is). His hard work around the park would allow the players further forward (Hazard and our RW - Oscar/Willian/Another) a lot more freedom than they currently have.

Oscar is not a technically gifted player and Matic has 'good technique for a DM' but in general, he's technically solid though far from spectacular. That leaves you with two player with a great level of technique. To make that next step, I assume Chelsea still has the ambition to the best team in world football, you'll need a lot more technical ability in your squad. Real, Bayern and (prime) Barca prove that fact.

Take out Fabregas and Chelsea's centre midfield becomes all about power and work-rate. That's not good.

I don't agree with Khedira being a upgrade on Ramires btw. They're on a similar level, both have their qualities and weaknesses. I'd rather have Ramires for his athleticism, speed, versatality and his transition play, which is crucial for Chelsea's system.

Khedira's injury really was a blessing in disguise for Real. It made way for more gifted players, and they're better than ever (talking about recent times, of course).

really? in what way? a 5 match world cup makes cuadrado "comfotably" better? have never seen him set the pitch on fire for fiorentina. as for draxler, he is a left winger who would be needed to be shifted to the RW and whose defensive frailities would simply increase the workload on oscar. willian on the other hand, gives far more stability to our system. also draxler would cost 40mil, hardly a price we should be paying for a makeshift RW and a player who is pretty far from WC.

Cuadrado was the third best player in serie A last season after Benatia and Immobile (based on form and consistency rather than reputation) and Draxler is far more productive player than Willian can ever hope to be.

Also I thought we were discussing who the better players were (since you claim those 2 aren't better than Willian) and not who's more suitable to our system?