Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Varane has release clause of 25m

Reus has release clause of 30m

Pogba will be on last year of contract, cant be more than 30m

I think those are realistic targets for us in next few years, world class potential for peanuts, but dont know if we realy need them, maybe Varane.

........and we need none of those players.

I still don't get why people are concerned that we don't have enough 'world class players' or more than enough good players in our team because we do. Realistically is Paul Pogba better than Cesc Fabregas? No. Is Reus much better than Hazard? No, debatable that hes better than him in the first place. Is Varane better than John Terry? Doubt it.

Maybe when Terry hangs up his boots we should replace him but I think we won't get Varane or someone, we will go and get an established player who is in his best years, someone who's about 25 or 26 years old.

Jonjo Shelvey is now England international....

So, I guess the idea that some of us had, about targetting him, wasn't so crazy after all. :rolleyes:

tom cleverly, delph, nolan, parker, heskey, crouch... i mean i could go on and on and on.

why do we need shelvey and to replace whom?

tom cleverly, delph, nolan, parker, heskey, crouch... i mean i could go on and on and on.

why do we need shelvey and to replace whom?

Shelvey is still 22 and a developing player as such. I did not suggest to drop Oscar and go sign Shelvey (although others suggested dropping Oscar and signing Coutinho :)), but to just keep an eye on his development.

He can be a good squad player, even rotation atm, and could develop into something better as he tones down his aggression. He has very good technique, but his decisions don't yet follow it. We lack English players, so we ought to keep an eye on the ones who show some promise.

The suggestion thread was locked and labeled "stupid." :rolleyes:

Shelvey is still 22 and a developing player as such. I did not suggest to drop Oscar and go sign Shelvey (although others suggested dropping Oscar and signing Coutinho :)), but to just keep an eye on his development.

He can be a good squad player, even rotation atm, and could develop into something better as he tones down his aggression. He has very good technique, but his decisions don't yet follow it. We lack English players, so we ought to keep an eye on the ones who show some promise.

The suggestion thread was locked and labeled "stupid." :rolleyes:

we have a core of english young players who have the potential. baker, RLC, boga in the CAM position. traore who will be considered as HG. if buying shelvey is mainly cos he will be HG, then that will be a poor decision especially since i cant see swansea selling him for a reasonable fee for a squad player who would barely play for us. also, we have so much talent in our own youth and loaned out players that buying squad players is not the best decision.

someone like thorgan can easily take that role, cant he?

just feel this is a transfer which has 0 possibility of happenin.

we have a core of english young players who have the potential. baker, RLC, boga in the CAM position. traore who will be considered as HG. if buying shelvey is mainly cos he will be HG, then that will be a poor decision especially since i cant see swansea selling him for a reasonable fee for a squad player who would barely play for us. also, we have so much talent in our own youth and loaned out players that buying squad players is not the best decision.

someone like thorgan can easily take that role, cant he?

just feel this is a transfer which has 0 possibility of happenin.

What young English player have we got who is the star of (or even starts for) a PL outfit? Of an actual good team nonetheless?

The only one we had got sold to Everton.

What young English player have we got who is the star of (or even starts for) a PL outfit? Of an actual good team nonetheless?

The only one we had got sold to Everton.

why do we need english players who is the star of some other club (good or bad).

our core is ALREADY here. oscar, hazard, willian, schurrle, salah, cesc, matic, rambo, costa. these are players who are 26 or below. what we need our squad and fringe players. and with the talent we have in our youth players, why not give those players a chance?

which young English player did we sell to Everton ?

heh true, which emphasizes the point that we haven't had one for a while - he was homegrown though.

The actual point being that we have no real/tangible prospect of an English player in the making.

Didier, Gary Cahill was bought from Bolton as a fringe player until he was good enough to start for us. It's just not that uncommon.

heh true, which emphasizes the point that we haven't had one for a while - he was homegrown though.

The actual point being that we have no real/tangible prospect of an English player in the making.

Didier, Gary Cahill was bought from Bolton as a fringe player until he was good enough to start for us. It's just not that uncommon.

Shelvy is a bigger hothead than rooney and only behind Joey Barton in terms of English hotheads.....

Shelvy is an am that plays cm for swansea, but once Briton comes back, shelvy going to get benched...

very very different scenarios. what were our defensive options then? JT, DL. thats it. alex was sidelined and sold in the same window as GC was bought. his only competitors were a 30 odd year old JT and a DL who could never cement his place as a CB.

things are different in the mid. matic and cesc have just been bought and i cant see them not being our backbone. rambo is a brilliant rotation player. mikel has his uses when closing the game out. dont think shelvey can be used for that. so i cant see him playing in the pivot for us.

for CAMs, we already are pretty much set for the long term.