Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Only €10m.

For a 32 year old player paying a €10m transfer fee and wages of €200k a week is a massive investment. On a two year contract the total cost of such a deal would be pretty much equal to buying for example Destro at €23m and handing him a four year contract at €60k a week, not to mention the latter still having a significant re-sale value in case things didn't work out. Different positions of course, but just a quick comparison on how expensive Alonso would still be.

Tiago on a free with reasonable wages would have been a completely different story.

Only? For a 32 year old turning 33 in November. That's a lot of money, he'd no doubt be on £100k+ a week. Tiago would've been free and low wages.

The deals aren't even comparable.

For a 32 year old player paying a 10m transfer fee and wages of 200k a week is a massive investment. On a two year contract the total cost of such a deal would be pretty much equal to buying for example Destro at 23m and handing him a four year contract at 60k a week, not to mention the latter still having a significant re-sale value in case things didn't work out. Different positions of course, but just a quick comparison on how expensive Alonso would still be.

Tiago on a free with reasonable wages would have been a completely different story.

:lol:

Guys, I simply meant what he would bring to the table personality and football wise not wages or transfer fee. Obviously I know the money aspect is totally different. If José indeed wanted a veteran presence on a very short term deal to possibly bridge the gap in a "win now" season before MvG or one of the young players became a regular, then I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Alonso on a Eto'o type of deal. He was a free of course, but 10m is peanuts for such a player. Don't think he'd be demanding 200k either.

Very comparable situation to Eto'o, really. A player José knows very well having worked with him so they both know exactly what to expect from each other.

Edit: Moot point, anyways. Seems he wants Bayern. Because they need more midfielders, right?

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/504726523749101568

City has four near world class strikers in their team, they play with two, therefore we should have two nearly world class strikers as we play with one. Drogba is more like utility striker, than anything serious. Cant expect him to lead us in several straight games.

Falcao, Bony, Martinez etc would make us clearcut title favourites, while depending on Costa alone is risky.

City has four near world class strikers in their team, they play with two, therefore we should have two nearly world class strikers as we play with one. Drogba is more like utility striker, than anything serious. Cant expect him to lead us in several straight games.

Falcao, Bony, Martinez etc would make us clearcut title favourites, while depending on Costa alone is risky.

Man City has one world class striker, and 3 good ones. Negredo, Dzeko and Jovetic aren't near-world class.

Man City has one world class striker, and 3 good ones. Negredo, Dzeko and Jovetic aren't near-world class.

Yeah but like 5 levels ahead of Drogba, Torres or Destro if we get them. Dzeko is perfect for PL, most importantly they all score shitload of goals considering how much they play. doubt we will see many goals from didi this year, therefore we need to get striker who can properly fill the costa spot if he is injured or sth. Goal scorers will bring us title this year, if we wont have them we wont win it simple as that.

Bayern's line up is gonna be so sick... perfect actually.

Lahm-Benatia-Boateng-Alba... the best back 4 in the world by faaaar. Imo the best RB and the best LB, with two of the top 6 CBs. And Neur, top 2 in the world.

Than the central midfield Schweinsteiger-Alonso-Thiago, again best in the world. Real had the best one but i cant understand what they were thinking by letting Alonso go..

And the front 3 is Ribery-Lewa-Robben, with Gotze and Muller.

SICK, but Pep got to stop with his nonesense... 3-4-3, Lahm as a CM etc...

Bayern's line up is gonna be so sick... perfect actually.

Lahm-Benatia-Boateng-Alba... the best back 4 in the world by faaaar. Imo the best RB and the best LB, with two of the top 6 CBs. And Neur, top 2 in the world.

Than the central midfield Schweinsteiger-Alonso-Thiago, again best in the world. Real had the best one but i cant understand what they were thinking by letting Alonso go..

And the front 3 is Ribery-Lewa-Robben, with Gotze and Muller.

SICK, but Pep got to stop with his nonesense... 3-4-3, Lahm as a CM etc...

Neuer is not top of 2, he is the TOP 1 GK in the world.

Would love to see how badstuber plays after almost a year and a hald with no football. He had the potential od being WC.

As for mid and forward, they are actually SICK!!!

Only problem is PEP!!!

What do you guys think of Danny Welbeck as a second striker? I think we should go for him. He is home grown and young and quite a mourinho type player I think. Daestro wouldn't be the worst but welbeck might be more convenient.

I asked the same thing... You don't want to know the answer.

Im realy surprised no one wants Idrissa Gueye from Lille. Amazing Dm, extremely hard working, good with ball, very allround. Instead of Khedira, I would much more prefer this guy to eventualy replace Mikel. He is exactly kind of Mou player, surprised we were never even linked with him.

And that Brahimi from Porto, another coup for them. Could turn in next 30mio player in few seasons...