Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Disagree. They didn't really need to replace Chambers since Clyne was there, Pelle is just as good as Lambert and Tadic is just as good as Lallana too. They've also upgraded their GK area with Forster and Bertrand is a solid replacement for Shaw. This transfer might not be as good (don't know much about this fella) but they've done decently this transfer window IMO. Still have a very solid team.

And what about Lovren leaving, Schneiderlin putting in a transfer request, Rodriguez missing the first couple of months of the season and them losing their manager?

They've had the heart of their side ripped out on the pitch, in the dugout and in the boardroom. God know's what that team is going to be like this season but I'd be very worried if I was a Saints fan.

And what about Lovren leaving, Schneiderlin putting in a transfer request, Rodriguez missing the first couple of months of the season and them losing their manager?

They've had the heart of their side ripped out on the pitch, in the dugout and in the boardroom. God know's what that team is going to be like this season but I'd be very worried if I was a Saints fan.

We'll see how all of that plays out over the course of the season but I think Koeman is a strong enough manager to handle it. Whether that'll prove to be right however we'll see.

I honestly didn't believed this rumour untill i saw today on the news.

Southampton got ripped off literally that guy is not even worth 1/4 of what they paid for him. :wank2:

Yes, I couldn't believe it either, I thought it is another made-up story coming from the deluded Romanian media.

This move shows you how much inflated the transfer market is. Three years ago, no one thought this guy would make it to the big scene, now he's going to play in the EPL...

Great, now i'm going to worry every time we play Saints that he's going to break Hazard or Costa... :(. We don't need thugs in our league, we had Roy Keane for 15 years and that was more than enough....

I find it hard to believe he'll dispatch Yoshida - Fonte from the hart of defence. Gardos is nowhere near their level. I don't think he has the quality to start for any team in the EPL.

I think I saw him and another Steau player a few weeks ago when I was in Bucharest (at least that's what my GF told me. Was in one of the fancy restaurants off of herastrau). Anyway, 5.5M is not insane money for anyone so even if he's overrated, it's still not a massive expense. I do really feel sorry for Southampton fans. They sold Chambers, Shaw, Lallana, and Lovern for almost 100M pounds and have brought in very little talent in return.

I guess you are talking about Bonton Palace.

Well, for you, or for the English fans, £5.5m is not that much. But for a Romanian, belive me, it is a hell lot of money. This country is not used to see foreign clubs pay that much for a player. I can name you at least five or six players better than Chiriches that were sold for less then £2m.

Now you have Chiriches and Gardos, two average defenders, leaving this amateur league for a combined amount of £14m. There's something fishy regarding these two transfers, especially the Chiriches one. There is a lot of talk about money laundering between Baldini and Becali brothers (Chiriches' agents and two of the most corrupt people in this country), but I don't want to talk about it because we are on a Chelsea forum.

Here's what I think will happen with CFC's transfers.

We will sell Cech because one foreigner must go. He is the one we can afford the lose even though my heart tears every time I imagine him gone :(

If we are able to bring in Khedira, we will replace Mikel with him, but I feel it depends on Jose and his plans. Jose knows him very well, and if he feels Khedira is an upgrade over our midfielders, then he'll want to bring him. It appears that Jose wanted to bring him for free for the next season, but Arsenal are chasing him and we may not risk it.

As for a striker backup, I believe it's entirely down to Torres. If we manage to sell him, then obviously we will bring another striker, and I'm pretty sure that we have a long long detailed master list on the best strikers in the world considering how well our strike force had done since Drogba :D

Cavani? Nope, can't see it happening at all considering our system, how well has Costa done and his wage.

Guardado? WHY would we bring him? I mean, yeah a good squad player, but we are kinda really heavy on players, and in order to bring him, someone else would have to go, and that ain't good.

Benatia? Maybe, but I doubt it. It would be lovely if he would stay at Roma and we could bring him next season, but it may be the similar case as with Khedira. Perhaps Benatia is the perfect replacement the club found for our centre backs so they don't want to risk losing him.

One more player IN. Dunno who because we have already gave #6 to Ake, like there would be realy no one else comming in (at least not midfielder, otherway Mou would probably keep that number free). And if Khedira would come, Mikel would surely leave. I dont see Mikel leaving now though, nothing points on that.

All in all, I want us to sign backup striker more than Khedira or whoever else. It will be suicidal going with Costa in season without proper backup.

Gazzetta dello Sport confirms today in their printed edition that, indeed, Chelsea met Roma's president yesterday in London, but not to discuss about Benatia - apparently it is Mattia Destro that Jose is interested in bringing at the club and Chelsea have enquired about his availability.

Roma values him at €20-25m (£16-20m) and is willing to listen to offers because they want to bring Jovetic back to Serie A.

13 goals and two assists for Destro last season (20 games).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_E6-jh0cVQ

My Lord, This Would be so fucking Amazing I can't even......! You, usually have some inside on some stories, and usually know what's going on around the transfers area and know how reliable some things are. So please tell me How reliable do you think this thing is and how possible is it to actually happen!