Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Can't believe Southampton have payed £5.5m for Steaua Bucharest's Florin Gardos. One of the slowest and most overrated defenders ever. He makes Per Mertesacker look like Usain Bolt.

I feel sorry for the Saints fans. Replacing Lovren with this mug is a big insult and a big "Fuck off, we don't even care about you" message from the board.

Btw, the guy is a total scum, a butcher, he always looks for the career ending tackles.

I honestly didn't believed this rumour untill i saw today on the news.

Southampton got ripped off literally that guy is not even worth 1/4 of what they paid for him. :wank2:

Can't believe Southampton have payed £5.5m for Steaua Bucharest's Florin Gardos. One of the slowest and most overrated defenders ever. He makes Per Mertesacker look like Usain Bolt.

I feel sorry for the Saints fans. Replacing Lovren with this mug is a big insult and a big "Fuck off, we don't even care about you" message from the board.

Btw, the guy is a total scum, a butcher, he always looks for the career ending tackles.

Great, now i'm going to worry every time we play Saints that he's going to break Hazard or Costa... :(. We don't need thugs in our league, we had Roy Keane for 15 years and that was more than enough....

Great, now i'm going to worry every time we play Saints that he's going to break Hazard or Costa... :(. We don't need thugs in our league, we had Roy Keane for 15 years and that was more than enough....

On a more positive thing, both Hazard and Costa might get hattricks :ph34r:

I think I saw him and another Steau player a few weeks ago when I was in Bucharest (at least that's what my GF told me. Was in one of the fancy restaurants off of herastrau). Anyway, 5.5M is not insane money for anyone so even if he's overrated, it's still not a massive expense. I do really feel sorry for Southampton fans. They sold Chambers, Shaw, Lallana, and Lovern for almost 100M pounds and have brought in very little talent in return.

They sold Chambers, Shaw, Lallana, and Lovern for almost 100M pounds and have brought in very little talent in return.

Disagree. They didn't really need to replace Chambers since Clyne was there, Pelle is just as good as Lambert and Tadic is just as good as Lallana too. They've also upgraded their GK area with Forster and Bertrand is a solid replacement for Shaw. This transfer might not be as good (don't know much about this fella) but they've done decently this transfer window IMO. Still have a very solid team.

Disagree. They didn't really need to replace Chambers since Clyne was there, Pelle is just as good as Lambert and Tadic is just as good as Lallana too. They've also upgraded their GK area with Forster and Bertrand is a solid replacement for Shaw. This transfer might not be as good (don't know much about this fella) but they've done decently this transfer window IMO. Still have a very solid team.

I really dont think Pelle and Tadic are on the level (or close to the level) of Lambert and Lallana.

I really dont think Pelle and Tadic are on the level (or close to the level) of Lambert and Lallana.

Trust the skipper. I actually think that Pelle>Lambert, Tadic is an amazing player too but both need to prove themselves in the EPL.

I am still yet to be convinced by Pelle. I have a feeling he will be a flop (depends what Saints expectations of him are).

Worked with Koeman at Feyenoord for 2 seasons who turned him into a goalmachine. Pelle is a strong targetman who seldom loses the ball, he's great in the air too. I think he will have 10-15 goals in his first season.

Worked with Koeman at Feyenoord for 2 seasons who turned him into a goalmachine. Pelle is a strong targetman who seldom loses the ball, he's great in the air too. I think he will have 10-15 goals in his first season.

He played in the Dutch league. He was a flop at Parma aswell.

Kuyt is one of a few players to score over 100 in Holland. He didn't light the Prem with his goal exploits did he?

He played in the Dutch league. He was a flop at Parma aswell.

Kuyt is one of a few players to score over 100 in Holland. He didn't light the Prem with his goal exploits did he?

What about Van Nistelrooy, Suarez, Bony?

Also, Kuyt was mainly a 2nd striker/midfielder at Liverpool.

Alfonso Alves & Van Wolf?

This discussion could end with both of us naming a list as long as our arms. Some fail, some succeed.

Van Persie? As you said in your second point, it's not really about the Dutch league.

It doesn't really matter tbh, it has nothing to do with the Eredivisie per se, rather the individual himself. Pelle has been excellent in the last two years and I back him to at least be as good as Lambert was for Soton, especially under his old manager.

Lallana and Lambert aren't really that great as players mate (especially the latter), it wouldn't be far fetched at all to say they're in the same league as their replacements. Maybe not Lallana = Tadic but Tadic has a chance to prove himself at a top league now.

Tadic is too good for the Eredivisie, he's IMO on his day just as good as Lallana (albeit different type of players, Tadic is a pure winger whilst Lallana is more of a 10) but hasn't had the platform to show that. IMO Soton have replaced Lambert and Lallana very well, but of course we'll see how they cope with the PL.

Van Persie? As you said in your second point, it's not really about the Dutch league.

It doesn't really matter tbh, it has nothing to do with the Eredivisie per se, rather the individual himself. Pelle has been excellent in the last two years and I back him to at least be as good as Lambert was for Soton, especially under his old manager.

Van Wolfswinkel. I have no doubt he will get a few goals, but won't be anything special IMO.

Van Wolfswinkel. I have no doubt he will get a few goals, but won't be anything special IMO.

Feel bad for Van Wolfswinkel, the guy has talent, can easily be a 15- goal a season striker in most leagues (should of stayed at Sporting Lisbon).

I know you meant RvW, I just brought Van Persie to the table of incredible Dutch strikers that have graced modern football.

Van Wolfswinkel has never been anything special IMO. I'd definitely rather have Pelle tbh, who isn't amazing per se, but definitely a better striker IMO.

Feel bad for Van Wolfswinkel, the guy has talent, can easily be a 15- goal a season striker in most leagues (should of stayed at Sporting Lisbon).

He should have done much better in the Prem, but it didn't work out for him.

Hopefully, his move to France will reignite him.

I know you meant RvW, I just brought Van Persie to the table of incredible Dutch strikers that have graced modern football.

Van Wolfswinkel has never been anything special IMO. I'd definitely rather have Pelle tbh, who isn't amazing per se, but definitely a better striker IMO.

Having watch RvW since his Utrecht, he offered more than Pelle. As I said before, Pelle is a decent CF, but he won't set the Prem alight.