Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

An on form Rooney and RVP are just as good as SAS IMO.

Well there lies their problem, they're not in form and form is extremely hard to come by. It doesn't happen by the flick of the switch. RvP is cooked. He couldn't even run out the World Cup and he's not getting any younger.

Liverpool are doing exactly what the spurs did to replace bale.....Replace their star man with uncertainties.

Completely different to Spurs. Lallana, who is proven in PL, is the only new signee that has a guaranteed starting position in their XI. They've focussed on buying depth, the one area they were severely lacking in last season. I think they've addressed all their problems except for buying another striker, but when you look at our strike force, theirs doesn't seem too bad...

We need a f***ing striker

Ridiculously overpriced though. Porto just announced to the stock exchange to have received €30.5m for 56.7% of Mangala's rights so in total City paid around €54m for Mangala.

That equals almost 43 million pounds.

any link? its 32mil pounds everywhere!!

any link? its 32mil pounds everywhere!!

http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi2004/emitentes/docs/FR51732.pdf

This is Porto's statement to the Portuguese stock exchange on the transfer, it confirms they owned just 56.67% of Mangala and received a total of €30.5m for their part. The rest of the player was owned by Jorge Mendes and I'm having a really hard time believing he would have valued his share low enough to sell the 43% for just €9.5m.

Some media outlets, at least Independent, say the total amount was £42.9m which would mean that Mendes' share was valued the same as Porto's but without an official statement to support either of the claims I suppose we'll never get to know the truth.

So do we need to sell/loan one more player?

probably not register mark as the 3rd GK. that would be the plan. i mean with cech and courtois as no.1 and 2, dont see why we should waste a squad position on mark when we can fill it with blackman/beeney.

Rojo is a CB mate, only played LB for the national team. And why buy a replacment for 17 million pounds for a player who is injured for 1 month?

A player who can cover both the CB and LB spot since they are very weak in both areas. The only natural left back they have is Shaw after all.

Steven Defour signed a contract for 5 years @ Anderlecht today, Anderlecht payed Porto around €5,5m. Defour is now the most expensive incoming transfer in Belgium ever.

Surprising news. I thought he was off to PSV.