Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Ridiculously overpriced though. Porto just announced to the stock exchange to have received €30.5m for 56.7% of Mangala's rights so in total City paid around €54m for Mangala.

That equals almost 43 million pounds.

Porto = €30.5m

Doyen Sports = €17.8m

Standard de Liege = €5.4m

That's €53.7m (£43m) for Mangala. wow

Ridiculously overpriced though. Porto just announced to the stock exchange to have received €30.5m for 56.7% of Mangala's rights so in total City paid around €54m for Mangala.

That equals almost 43 million pounds.

And they said Luiz's price tag was too much. LOL!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/11/connor-wickham-west-ham-sunderland-bid

Sunderland reject 5 million bid from West Ham for Wickham

Maybe we should put in a bid for him? He's HG, 21, has the ability to play CF and out wide...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/11/connor-wickham-west-ham-sunderland-bid

Sunderland reject 5 million bid from West Ham for Wickham

Maybe we should put in a bid for him? He's HG, 21, has the ability to play CF and out wide...

I'd rather just give our own Bamford a shot and further develop him (also Solanke is promising as well). Wickham is a different type of striker than Bamford tho, and offers something different, if that's what you were thinking.

I'd rather just give our own Bamford a shot and further develop him (also Solanke is promising as well). Wickham is a different type of striker than Bamford tho, and offers something different, if that's what you were thinking.

Yeh, I was thinking about Wickham because he offers something different to Bamford..and the added benefit is that he's homegrown.

Absolutely agree about Solanke, kid looks promising, hopefully Jose has plans for him in the coming years

I'm not worried about United at all. Rooney has been horrible of late, as has Van Persie, who is also turning 32 and getting on a bit. Those two are no comparison to Suarez and Sturridge last year. Plus Liverpool had Gerrard bossing the midfield with Sterling, Henderson and Coutinho running riot. They had a formidable attack with the occasional defender in Skrtel floating forward and netting a few. United are still at least two elite players from competiting for the title.

I'm not worried about United at all. Rooney has been horrible of late, as has Van Persie, who is also turning 32 and getting on a bit. Those two are no comparison to Suarez and Sturridge last year. Plus Liverpool had Gerrard bossing the midfield with Sterling, Henderson and Coutinho running riot. They had a formidable attack with the occasional defender in Skrtel floating forward and netting a few. United are still at least two elite players from competiting for the title.

scouse alert

scouse alert

Please. Liverpool's attack were undoubtedly good last season and almost won them the title. It's fine to acknowledge that. My comment is merely highlighting the fact United won't be title competitors this season as they have half the attack Liverpool had, who even fell short themselves.

Please. Liverpool's attack were undoubtedly good last season and almost won them the title. It's fine to acknowledge that. My comment is merely highlighting the fact United won't be title competitors this season as they have half the attack Liverpool had, who even fell short themselves.

An on form Rooney and RVP are just as good as SAS IMO.

Disagree....

In form Rooney+RVP are better than suarez + daniel... Liverpool reminds me of the phoenix suns, offense at the expense of defense. I would bet United finishing ahead of liverpool this season.

Liverpool are doing exactly what the spurs did to replace bale.....Replace their star man with uncertainties.