Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Witsel would be a dream signing but at 40 mil can't see it happening. Naingogglan on he other hand could be had for 15 and he's been great for Roma

Naingogglan is a really good player but not what we need, unless we sold Ramires or something I don't think he'd be a feasible option to look at.

Witsel would be a dream signing but at 40 mil can't see it happening. Naingogglan on he other hand could be had for 15 and he's been great for Roma

Just start naming off all the cool Belguim players will you? Didn't Roma just sign Nainggolan?

Absolutely there's plenty of Belgian talent to go around :). But seriously Witsel is a world class box to box mid who would be a big improvement on Ramires IMO the problem is that the midfield would still lack the DLP they need.

I think Koke/Kroos could be the answer.

Absolutely there's plenty of Belgian talent to go around :). But seriously Witsel is a world class box to box mid who would be a big improvement on Ramires IMO the problem is that the midfield would still lack the DLP they need.

I think Koke/Kroos could be the answer.

Witsel we could EASILY get, offer that racist club the right amount of money and they'll get rid of their colored players in an instant.

Witsel we could EASILY get, offer that racist club the right amount of money and they'll get rid of their colored players in an instant.

He is a decent player, but not in the same class as someone like Vidal. We would be an amazing signing.

Would be absolutely hilarious, but nothing will happen. Would love a points deduction or 1 year transfer ban, though. :)

As far as the CM we should sign, we should start at the top of the talent pool. Immediately try to negotiate with Bayern and Juve about Kroos, Vidal, and Pogba. If they aren't attainable THEN we start looking at the tier below them. I too would be delighted with Witsel. Seems like he'd be reasonably easy to sign when compared to the others because he doesn't play for a huge club. He'd probably jump at the chance to take such a massive step up in his career.

Telegraph were first with an article about this today, and it's abit more detailed:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10766475/Manchester-City-to-be-made-to-pay-a-high-price-for-spending-spree-under-Uefa-Financial-Fair-Play-rules.html

This can be a good opportunity for Uefa to show they are taking this seriously. If they get charged, the summer transfer window could become interesting with Barca, PSG and city out of the picture.

We don't need a young CB though. You forgetting we signed Zouma?

I agree, but I am confused on the homegrown talent rule, or how many English players are required in a squad. How does the club circumvent it? Do Chelsea need to have a number of English players in the 1st team? if some English player is still needed, I think Stones is a better choice than Shaw.

I agree, but I am confused on the homegrown talent rule, or how many English players are required in a squad. How does the club circumvent it? Do Chelsea need to have a number of English players in the 1st team? if some English player is still needed, I think Stones is a better choice than Shaw.

You need 4 trained at the club (for Europe), 8 trained in England (for both PL and Europe).

Right now we have JT, Ash, Lampard, Cahill, and had Bertrand. Because we don't have 8 English we have to vacate 3/4 spots of our 25 max squad.

We actually need a LB, not a CB, so Shaw would be a much better signing in that regard.

I agree, but I am confused on the homegrown talent rule, or how many English players are required in a squad. How does the club circumvent it? Do Chelsea need to have a number of English players in the 1st team?

No, just need to leave some free space in the 25 man squad if there aren't enough homegrown players. 17 is the maximum amount of non-homegrown players allowed, so if we only had like 4 homegrown players in the team we could only name a squad of 21 players. U21 players don't count so for example a player like Zouma would only need to be named in the squad for the 15/16 season.

Also the homegrown players don't need ne to be English, just need to have been playing for an English club for three years before their 21st birthday. Not sure how loans affect that, for example in the case of our Vitesse loanees?