Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

A left back,Cm,Striker will do for me with Courtois/Lukaku/Am returning from loans also

Who's Am?

I don't think we need a LB right now. I like Rodriguez though, if we are gonna get someone. CM and Striker are the obvious holes that need filling. Costa and Miralem Pjanić will do.:)

Maybe you and I haven't discussed this yet, but Chelsea's CMs for next season are: Matic, vanGinkel, and Ramires (with Oscar as a possible backup player). I am assuming that Chelsea will not play ONLY 4231 next season and should have 5 or 6 possible players for the CM positions. I propose one top central midfielder and one excellent squad player or player with a lot of potential. I don't see anyone capable in the reserves, nor any of the loanees.

Chelsea have been running BEHIND their needs in central midfield for seasons. It's time to get ahead and make sure there's quality and depth. One CM this summer doesn't cut it.

Miralem Pjanić!

Maybe you and I haven't discussed this yet, but Chelsea's CMs for next season are: Matic, vanGinkel, and Ramires (with Oscar as a possible backup player). I am assuming that Chelsea will not play ONLY 4231 next season and should have 5 or 6 possible players for the CM positions. I propose one top central midfielder and one excellent squad player or player with a lot of potential. I don't see anyone capable in the reserves, nor any of the loanees.

Chelsea have been running BEHIND their needs in central midfield for seasons. It's time to get ahead and make sure there's quality and depth. One CM this summer doesn't cut it.

As much as you don't like Luiz, I think he's staying next season, so that gives us 4 options in midfield: Matic, Ramires, MVG, Luiz. Plus add to the fact that maybe Lampard might sign a new contract, Chalobah or McEachran are back (I think the former is definitely good enough to at least be a squad player for us and Jose rates him highly), one CM is enough IMO, but he has to be a ball distributing one.

So that makes it (potentially) X, Matic, Ramires, MVG, Luiz, Lampard, Chalobah for next season and that's solid IMO.

I wanted Strootman before he moved to Roma. I doubt Roma will sell anyone worth keeping with their Champions League and new stadium plans (if they have their heads on straight).

Fuck it, try to buy Vidal. £50M on Vidal £28M(discounted) Costa.

As much as you don't like Luiz, I think he's staying next season, so that gives us 4 options in midfield: Matic, Ramires, MVG, Luiz. Plus add to the fact that maybe Lampard might sign a new contract, Chalobah or McEachran are back (I think the former is definitely good enough to at least be a squad player for us and Jose rates him highly), one CM is enough IMO, but he has to be a ball distributing one.

Yeah, Luiz seems like an impossible project for a CM. No argument that he has top shelf ability, but it's his brain that's the problem and who can fix that? Look at outgoing Mikel. No changing him either.

Chalobah would be sixth man for midfield IMO; not one of the top 5 in pecking-order. I've watched him; just not quick enough in his vision/response--yet.

I like Josh a lot, but he seems to need a lifestyle coach or dietician and personal trainer to gain weight, plus he's not quick. I would like to think that Josh could be great passing midfielder, but not being a physical specimen, he leaves me in doubt as a starter for a top club.

Fuck it, try to buy Vidal. £50M on Vidal £28M(discounted) Costa.

NOt going to happen. just forget it. why would one of Europe's top clubs in the history of European football with a new stadium and the highest ambitions sell one of the key players in the spine of their starting 11?

NOt going to happen. just forget it. why would one of Europe's top clubs in the history of European football with a new stadium and the highest ambitions sell one of the key players in the spine of their starting 11?

Idk. Cause we said please?

Yeah, Luiz seems like an impossible project for a CM. No argument that he has top shelf ability, but it's his brain that's the problem and who can fix that? Look at outgoing Mikel. No changing him either.

Chalobah would be sixth man for midfield IMO; not one of the top 5 in pecking-order. I've watched him; just not quick enough in his vision/response--yet.

I don't see Luiz's long term future in midfield either pal, but he can do a great job there. I've edited my previous post to show you how the depth would look like, but I'll post it here again:

X, Matic, Ramires, MVG, Lampard, Chalobah, Luiz.

The above is very solid in my opinion even if you take out Lampard. Providing we sign the right player I don't think we need two CMs unless someone like Ramires or even Luiz leaves (unlikely IMO).

Chalobah isn't the finished article yet for sure but the kid is very good, I think he's definitely good enough to hold down a squad place for us.

I don't see Luiz's long term future in midfield either pal, but he can do a great job there. I've edited my previous post to show you how the depth would look like, but I'll post it here again:

The above is very solid in my opinion even if you take out Lampard. Providing we sign the right player I don't think we need two CMs unless someone like Ramires or even Luiz leaves (unlikely IMO).

Chalobah isn't the finished article yet for sure but the kid is very good, I think he'd definitely good enough to hold down a squad place for us.

If anyone from the academy or reserves is going to make it in CM, I'll put my money on Boga and RL-C. But, maybe Chalobah can.

Who's Am?

I don't think we need a LB right now. I like Rodriguez though, if we are gonna get someone. CM and Striker are the obvious holes that need filling. Costa and Miralem Pjanić will do.:)[/quote

Am is attacking midfielder,Jose has quoted that 1 of our loaness will make up the six am for the 2014/15(T.Hazard-Moses-Piazon-Atsu-Traore- to name but afew!)

If anyone from the academy or reserves is going to make it in CM, I'll put my money on Boga and RL-C. But, maybe Chalobah can.

Can see Lamps leaving,Mvg may need a season loan to fully recover,possibly Mikel leaving so another world class cm would be nice for nxt season and hopefully we will dominate that area with the young Cfc Ake-Rufus-Baker-Chaloboh etc

Chalobah isn't the finished article yet for sure but the kid is very good, I think he's definitely good enough to hold down a squad place for us.

I'd say Matic, Ramires, Luiz, Chalobah/MVG + a new CM are enough.

Another interesting issue are the CB and FB spots, for the CB i think Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Zouma probably. For the full backs i'd say Shaw/X, Azpi, Ivan, Ake (?).

Btw Vidal although he's a great CM is definitely not the one we need. Theres a big difference between him and Kross, Gundogan, he's not a playmaker by any means. We should really go for Kross when Gundogan wont play for a couple of two more months. If not Kross, probably Pjanic.