Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

That's not what I meant..

Why would he go there? he's worth a better team than United.

Would love to see him here but doesn't seem like it would happen.

They are still a huge pull, and looking at what they are paying Rooney it's just as big an attraction as the club. Moyes may not be Mr Popular right now but the club is still Manchester United.

For the reported price, £11.5M, can't believe we aren't after him

Liverpool lead Manchester City and Monaco in the race for Real Madrid left-back Fabio Coentrao

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-fabio-coentrao-3380305#ixzz2y9TfOhy5

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

People think Shaw is the next Lahm.....

At 11.5m, Coentrao should be a no brainer...

People think Shaw is the next Lahm.....

At 11.5m, Coentrao should be a no brainer...

If Luke Shaw is anything over £20m then I agree. If not, then we should go for Luke. We need HG talent and Luke is already one of the best LBs in the league.

Did Rakitic ever played in a pivot midfield?

Sure. Rakitic would be an immense signing my favourite for the pivot after Kovascic.Ivan Rakitic is a complete box-to-box midfielder, a mixture of Lampard and Schweinsteiger, maybe not as talented but a tad faster. He has amazing set pieces, can cross, decent passing over all ranges, is able to keep and distribute the ball with pace and in tight spaces. He would be perfect as the more offensive player next to Matic, cos he, even though never neglecting his defensive responsibilites has the ability to arrive in the box just at the right time hence he uses to score regularly. His weaknesses are that he sometimes lacks accuracy when under pressure and he does not break through the opposition's midfield with passes and dribblings as much as he should (see Kovascic who does just that with ease). He also is already 26 so I have no clue if he will still develop. Though a bonus is, Rakitic is a big game player.

btw speaking of kovascic/Rakitic + matic anyone got an idea whether there is still bad blood between Serbia and Croatia and would that affect a DP partnership?

btw speaking of kovascic/Rakitic + matic anyone got an idea whether there is still bad blood between Serbia and Croatia and would that affect a DP partnership?

I would expect professionalism and that they bury that hatchet. Would be a nice gesture to have them play well together and at least be friendly to each-other. It would be really unprofessional to take you're racist predisposition against Croats/Serbs to your job. That didn't really cross my mind when I was thinking about how perfect he would be in our pivot, Branislav is much more social and friendly than he looks and I'm sure Matic isn't a jerk. I'm sure the players can easily handle it, some fans however might not like it.

mateo-kovacic-tackle-o.gif (deadly Kovacic tackle)

This is what a United fan thinks we should do, and I have to say I agree completely with his suggestions. Here's hoping the board do too!

Of all of the title contenders I think Chelsea are going to be the most radically different.

Obviously they'll bring in a world class striker, but I'm in agreement with a few here that they'd be pretty mad not to sign Shaw. Move Azpilicueta back to his natural RB position with Shaw on the left. Just imagine how good the left side of their attack would be with Hazard and Shaw over there. Currently Hazard has to take on 2 or 3 defenders when he receives the ball out there because Azpilicueta doesn't overlap often and isn't an offensive threat. If he had the pace and technical ability of Shaw to play off of and to draw defenders away from him that could be special.

Then on the other side you have the ridiculous work rates of both Willian and Azpilicueta. Their defense could be even better next season than it is this one.

Almost as important as a striker for them is a new midfielder in the Koké/Kroos/Modrić mould. Someone to pull the strings.

If they make these signings they'll have one hell of a side. They've been able to advance to the last 4 of the CL with midfielders like an ancient Lampard, Luiz, and with that liability Ramires. I'd imagine that next season when Matic isn't cup tied and if they sign another as well as a striker they'll be a real contender to win the thing again.