Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Martinez is one of most complete midfielder in the world, he is a Schweni type all round midfielder. It seem like people think Matic=Martinez, Martinez is very good going forward, a better passer and creator.

This is not going to happen anyway, there are no rumors of Martinez leaving Bayern or anything like that. But he is a great fit and a Mou type player.

Matic is also a very complete player but he's a number 6, just like Javi Martinez is. They are very similar players, but I think Javi has a bit more going on for him defensively while Matic has more finesse about him.

He's definitely no Schweinsteiger, not in that mold at all. I wouldn't sign him to play next to Matic because they're both too similar to each other, both number 6s. Signing him would be very bad because we already have Matic.

Chelsea have joined the transfer chase for Benfica's £35million-rated striker Rodrigo. ‪#‎CFC‬ ‪#‎SLB‬ (Mirror)

Lazar Markovic is also in Liverpool's sights as they hope to pip Chelsea to Benfica's £20million-rated Serb. ‪#‎CFC‬ ‪#‎LFC‬ (Sunday People)

Chelsea have joined the transfer chase for Benfica's £35million-rated striker Rodrigo. ‪#‎CFC‬ ‪#‎SLB‬ (Mirror)

Lazar Markovic is also in Liverpool's sights as they hope to pip Chelsea to Benfica's £20million-rated Serb. ‪#‎CFC‬ ‪#‎LFC‬ (Sunday People)

Dont think he'll be good enough..

What we need to do this summer window is buy a future world class LB in Shaw, a feisty CF in Costa and probably a great CM in Kroos , who's future is still undecided. BTW we need to get rid of all these loaned players that are of no value to us(Davila,Lalkovic,McEachran,Kakuta).

Andy Carroll = job done ;)

Only joking

I'm not a fan of any of the forwards we are linked to at the minute - as long as we don't spend too much, happy they can be stepping stones forward. What we don't need is another Torres...

CM is indeed needed as is LB - Modric and Shaw would be my ideals in that situation...

For benefit of the doubt he might have meant 100 million Zimbabwean dollars. Sherwood is thick but not that thick.

They need another 100m to change the team again. Attempt No. 2.

Ricardo Rodriguez looks like the player Chelsea should buy for fullback. Having Iva, Wallace, Azpi, and Rodriguez as options sounds good to me. That would mean Chelsea have the option of playing an attacking fullback on either side (Rodriguez or Wallace) and two strong defensive fullbacks in Azpi and Iva.

I don't see Shaw being the attacking player Ricardo already is regardless of his young age. Figure out another way fill positions with homegrown talent. I don't know where.

1. Matic is also a very complete player but he's a number 6, just like Javi Martinez is. They are very similar players, but I think Javi has a bit more going on for him defensively while Matic has more finesse about him.

2. He's definitely no Schweinsteiger, not in that mold at all. I wouldn't sign him to play next to Matic because they're both too similar to each other, both number 6s. Signing him would be very bad because we already have Matic.

Disagree with the first part, i think Matic is the better defensive player. Martinez has much more going for him in term of creativity and passing. Although Matic has a better close control. When Martinez was at Athletic Bibao, BIelsa used him to start their attacks and he was a focal point of that team. Last season at Bayern you would see him burst forward a lot while Schweinsteiger would cover him and vise versa. Yeah he is no Schwinsteiger, when healthy and form he is the most complete midfielder in the world. But Martinez is a complete players, i have seen enough of him over the years to know his versatility.

I disagree on the second statement also. Mou likes his players that can be effective in attack and defensively. Both players have both trait, and Mou also likes his players to be technically good and play with speed and quickness. With the way Mou wants to play, Press high and when on the ball push the ball forward and everyone attack, it is essence what Mou would like to do. Martinez and Matic fit perfectly to what Mou wants to do, they both have the passing range and creativity combined to make us dangerous. Also this partnership can basically disrupt any midfield in the world.

This is fantasy as i said earlier, there are no rumors of Martinez leaving Bayern. I think he is wasted there as a CB. But i would love to see us snatch him up.

Why not both Costa and Vela :)

With all the possible sales including Luiz and Lukaku who might leave, we will have more than enough money to get four players in summer (LB, CM, ST and possibly AM)

I like how you're thinking. Varane, Vela, Costa, and a CM.

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/5396/20140406/football-transfer-rumors-chelsea-to-break-transfer-record-by-bringing-sergio-aguero-to-stamford-bridge.htm

Lol.

Is there any Arsenal player you would take?

For me Ramsey and maybe Wilshere. But don't trust any of them to stay healthy, but we have better medical trainers though.

I'd take Gedion Zelalem and maybe Gnabry. That is just because they are young and seem to have good potential, the Arsenal players don't really impress me.