Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Something tells me after EVERYTHING that's happened we're still not done doing business this window. But what exactly would we be after? We finally got a good DM and our striker situation looks to be addressed in the summer.

Posted in other thread Jose said "hopefully we are done" not a definite no to me. I think Matic will fill Essien void. Salah takes de Bruyne slot... so either someone to come in and take Mata squad spot [not necessarily a AM] or a left back IMO. Realistically though think itll be Zouma

I can guarantee you he's lying again.

He also said we won't be signing Willian or any striker in the summer, he said managers lie all the time, he said he won't let Mata leave and he would tell that to the board, he also said Kevin was staying. David Luiz will also not play CDM ever under him according the the man. And a whole lot of other things. The only thing you should be trusting him is when he talks about other managers like Wenger...etc or the team we will be putting out.

He didnt say "we are done" he said "hopefully we are" That is not a manager who has no intention of signing anyone

:lol: Jesus Christ, not all at once...

Like i said before, its only a matter of time before USA starts taking their best athletes and putting them into football...

The best USA athletes would still choose NBA and Baseball careers over football at the moment...

The money factor is part of the reason why alot of USA kids don't choose football

The best USA athletes would still choose NBA and Baseball careers over football at the moment...

The money factor is part of the reason why alot of USA kids don't choose football

its true to some extent. However, most of the kids gears towards american football, than basketball, than its a split between everything else...

Also, futbol has a negative reputation in the states as a pansy sport and with no personal glory to them.....

Truth be told, I think the FIFA (video games)series is really helping out futbol in the states. Now, kids are more interested in the sport and their are more investors willing to invest in the young kids and resources...Also, every BPL futbol is on cable, so the interest will rise..

The funny thing is the girls futbol team and youth levels are so developed in the states, but the men side was never cared for...

Eventually, the sport will rise and the top athletes will change.. (but who knows when)...

Mourinho: "Until the deadline we have to deal with things we are not expecting – like Juan [Mata] and [Mohamed] Salah – or making good decisions for loans. So, until the deadline, we have lots to think about and do." (Guardian)

When a manager does a press conference, quite a bit of what they say is held back until the next day's newspapers and none of the papers leak it before then. Is it the post-camera interviews that they agree not to discuss till the next day or something? Anyone know?

Mourinho: "Until the deadline we have to deal with things we are not expecting – like Juan [Mata] and [Mohamed] Salah – or making good decisions for loans. So, until the deadline, we have lots to think about and do." (Guardian)

When a manager does a press conference, quite a bit of what they say is held back until the next day's newspapers and none of the papers leak it before then. Is it the post-camera interviews that they agree not to discuss till the next day or something? Anyone know?

I think all press conferences are TV and papers, but TV get minimal access. When Jose has a presser at say 12pm and our stream stops at 12.30pm, Jose probably leaves around 1-1.30pm. Newspapers are embargoed though yes. I always find what he says to papers is different to TV. "Hopefully we are done this window" to TV. Then to papers "Until the deadline we have to deal with things we are not expecting, So, until the deadline, we have lots to think about and do

I think all press conferences are TV and papers, but TV get minimal access. When Jose has a presser at say 12pm and our stream stops at 12.30pm, Jose probably leaves around 1-1.30pm. Newspapers are embargoed though yes. I always find what he says to papers is different to TV. "Hopefully we are done this window" to TV. Then to papers "Until the deadline we have to deal with things we are not expecting, So, until the deadline, we have lots to think about and do

Ah right, thanks! Mourinho's interviews for the papers always seem more insightful and revealing.

The on tv press conference didnt finish until 1:15pm, latest I remember. So many mata questions.

Haha true. It was more of a 'transfers press conference' than a pre-match one. To be fair the vast majority of those journalists (and I guess the fans too, including me) cared much less about the Stoke game details, and much more about Mata, Salah etc.

the Guardian article where he says we have to kind of be prepared for things happening we don't expect between now and deadline, and there being lots of work to do, leaves me with no doubt we have other targets. But also makes me think we could see more outwards

Something tells me after EVERYTHING that's happened we're still not done doing business this window. But what exactly would we be after? We finally got a good DM and our striker situation looks to be addressed in the summer.

LUKE SHAW.