Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Yeah, Cesc does not fit the Barcelona system. He's a great player and has all the tools to be the best midfielder in the world in my opinion, but he needs to go to a team that plays more direct and one that can play him as their main playmaker. United would be perfect for him in my opinion.

Hope they don't get him.

that's the thing I fail to believe. Fabregas? Best midfielder in the world? Unless he is born again, I don't see how.

That's the difference. He's very good, but I would never say he's remotely close to being or having the potential to be the best midfielder in the world.

Which is why I agreed with Special Juan when he said he's hyped. I could name 10 midfielders off the bat that are much better than Cesc could ever dream of being. Make it 20 as the names don't stop crossing my head.

that's the thing I fail to believe. Fabregas? Best midfielder in the world? Unless he is born again, I don't see how.

That's the difference. He's very good, but I would never say he's remotely close to being or having the potential to be the best midfielder in the world.

Which is why I agreed with Special Juan when he said he's hyped. I could name 10 midfielders off the bat that are much better than Cesc could ever dream of being. Make it 20 as the names don't stop crossing my head.

Well, I never said he's the best or close to being so at the moment - what I did say is that he has the tools to become the best midfielder in the world. I wouldn't compare him to Mata or any number 10 either because he's more B2B than the aforementioned. He's more of a number 8 or 6. Cesc at Arsenal was absolutely phenomenal, well on his way to becoming the best in the world in his position in my opinion - he singe handily bossed games for them, was their talisman and go to guy back then.

Why I say he has the tools to become the best midfielder in the world is because he's great at either side of the field. Cesc is great in the final third, the middle of the pitch, and very competent in front of the defensive 16 yard box. He's very well rounded as a player but has that extra finesse especially in the final third - he has the ability to win you games. Technically his game is astute. His mental game is awesome. Physically, he's also not too shabby, and he is very combative when he does play in his favoured role. His passing has been under utilised at Barcelona - in fact he's been under utilised completely there. He's not been good at Barcelona at all in my opinion... He's far better than what he's showing now. What he needs is the right system that allows him to express himself properly. In my opinion, he was on the cusp of becoming the best midfielder in the PL because Lampard and Gerrard were starting to wane when he left.

I would love for you to actually name the 20 central midfielders you think that are better than Fabregas right now.

As I said before, I honestly hope United do not get him because he is exactly the player they need in their midfield. Easily a world class midfielder, even if he has been a shadow of himself at Barcelona. £25m would be an astute price for a world class player such as Cesc.

As much of a twat he can be there is no denying that if he joins United it would be a fantastic move and I think it would make their team complete. At Barca he is rotated and not given his CM role on a regular basis where he is best at. Just look how good he was at Arsenal and some of the assists and goals that came from him. No denying IMO that he is a fantastic player. He would take United to another level being alongside Carrick. When he was at Arsenal everything came through him. If he is at United you have on paper the best CM partnership in the PL in Carrick and Fabregas. I am sure Barca will not let him go at any cost though. Will have a bigger role to play next season.

Well, I never said he's the best or close to being so at the moment - what I did say is that he has the tools to become the best midfielder in the world. I wouldn't compare him to Mata or any number 10 either because he's more B2B than the aforementioned. He's more of a number 8 or 6. Cesc at Arsenal was absolutely phenomenal, well on his way to becoming the best in the world in his position in my opinion - he singe handily bossed games for them, was their talisman and go to guy back then.

Why I say he has the tools to become the best midfielder in the world is because he's great at either side of the field. Cesc is great in the final third, the middle of the pitch, and very competent in front of the defensive 16 yard box. He's very well rounded as a player but has that extra finesse especially in the final third - he has the ability to win you games. Technically his game is astute. His mental game is awesome. Physically, he's also not too shabby, and he is very combative when he does play in his favoured role. His passing has been under utilised at Barcelona - in fact he's been under utilised completely there. He's not been good at Barcelona at all in my opinion... He's far better than what he's showing now. What he needs is the right system that allows him to express himself properly. In my opinion, he was on the cusp of becoming the best midfielder in the PL because Lampard and Gerrard were starting to wane when he left.

I would love for you to actually name the 20 central midfielders you think that are better than Fabregas right now.

As I said before, I honestly hope United do not get him because he is exactly the player they need in their midfield. Easily a world class midfielder, even if he has been a shadow of himself at Barcelona. £25m would be an astute price for a world class player such as Cesc.

we clearly disagree. I think there are tons of better midfield players around the world than Cesc currently. If we are going to talk about projection and past the conversation will always go to Pele, Maradona and then Neymar or Eden.

I think he's overrated, I disagree about your opinion of him - currently form and past form in Arsenal - and he was very stupid when he did everything in the world to go to Barça - he was never the same level of players they have in Barça and ofc he wouldn't have as much space there, and of course it would affect his performances and of course he would get worse instead of improve. A blind could see that it was a bad deal for him, but he wanted the fame, the money, or whatever else is that he wanted (except the home stuff. A cunt like him doesn't care that much about being home, because if he did he wouldn't have left Arsenal, but that's another convo). So the fact that his form worsened ever since he moved there not only is obvious but it was completely expected. As if he was in the same level as the rest of Barça's midfield. AS IF.

When I said I'd mention 20 midfielders I didn't necessarily think of central mids, just better midfields (in general) than him... (in no particular oder) Schweinsteiger, Pirlo, Alonso, Xavi, Ozil, Iniesta, Mata, Goetze, Busquets (as much as it hurts to admit the little cunt is actually good), Ribery, Toure, Silva...

but if I had to restrict to CM then I guess I could name only 8 :P but with a bit research maybe I could make it 10 as my memory sucks

Bottom line is: we disagree. I think he is overhyped and overrated. You think he's amazing. ;)

we clearly disagree. I think there are tons of better midfield players around the world than Cesc currently. If we are going to talk about projection and past the conversation will always go to Pele, Maradona and then Neymar or Eden.

I think he's overrated, I disagree about your opinion of him - currently form and past form in Arsenal - and he was very stupid when he did everything in the world to go to Barça - he was never the same level of players they have in Barça and ofc he wouldn't have as much space there, and of course it would affect his performances and of course he would get worse instead of improve. A blind could see that it was a bad deal for him, but he wanted the fame, the money, or whatever else is that he wanted (except the home stuff. A cunt like him doesn't care that much about being home, because if he did he wouldn't have left Arsenal, but that's another convo). So the fact that his form worsened ever since he moved there not only is obvious but it was completely expected. As if he was in the same level as the rest of Barça's midfield. AS IF.

When I said I'd mention 20 midfielders I didn't necessarily think of central mids, just better midfields (in general) than him... (in no particular oder) Schweinsteiger, Pirlo, Alonso, Xavi, Ozil, Iniesta, Mata, Goetze, Busquets (as much as it hurts to admit the little cunt is actually good), Ribery, Toure, Silva...

but if I had to restrict to CM then I guess I could name only 8 :P but with a bit research maybe I could make it 10 as my memory sucks

Bottom line is: we disagree. I think he is overhyped and overrated. You think he's amazing. ;)

Will reply later :).

So it was a saga for you guys, no?

For some guys it was.

Those that swore that Cavani was as good as done, and all this stuff.

That type of people today are frustrated and such cause we did not get our men.

But in the end after all that suppose being "linked" with this player he end up going somewhere else....

Really it's funny that these people have not noticed that as of late Chelsea business has been swift and quiet. All this paper headline looks like a thing of the past for this club.

For some guys it was.

Those that swore that Cavani was as good as done, and all this stuff.

That type of people today are frustrated and such cause we did not get our men.

But in the end after all that suppose being "linked" with this player he end up going somewhere else....

Really it's funny that these people have not noticed that as of late Chelsea business has been swift and quiet. All this paper headline looks like a thing of the past for this club.

Exactly...That's what I implied. I think we are building a long term thing. Cavani/Falcao would have satisfies a lot of our all to human short term needs. But we don't wanna do this. We chose a long term project - including youth. Pushing a panic button because we 'want it all, now.' will destroy a future bigger reward.

Tough emotionally. A good board, however, know its the long term work that pays. Both in performance as in stature. That is what beats knee jerk stuff.

Exactly...That's what I implied. I think we are building a long term thing. Cavani/Falcao would have satisfies a lot of our all to human short term needs. But we don't wanna do this. We chose a long term project - including youth. Pushing a panic button because we 'want it all, now.' will destroy a future bigger reward.

Tough emotionally. A good board, however, know its the long term work that pays. Both in performance as in stature. That is what beats knee jerk stuff.

Yeah I really liked the way the club is going.

When AVB came, I truly believe the club and the owner wanted to make it work.

That marked the beginning of the change in mindset that the club wanted to take on for the future.

However the AVB project did not work and we tried to get Guardiola this year. But he chose Bayern and we had to go back to Mourinho.

Normally AVB, and Pep are better candidate for the youth and attractive playing style. But when both of these targets where not able to work or come, then Mourinho merited a great chance of a comeback.

As Mourinho said, this is also a project he wants to take as in the past his project where nothing more then a quick fix. Buy these top players and compete right away.

But this time it appear the club and the manager are in the same boat.....

I just hope that come November (our usual time where we fall apart) we won't have a knee jerk reaction and start spending like crazy or sacking people......

Manchester City have agreed a €27 million plus add-ons deal with Fiorentina for attacker Stevan Jovetic.

According to tomorrow Gazzetta edition Napoli signed Albiol from Real Madrid for 12m €!

Edited by iceboy