Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

True, but I will say that we will have a better shot of winning the PL this season if we had gotten someone like Cavani, Falcao or such.

But as it stands we will be going with Lukaku, Torres, Ba and Schurrle.

Which is all good and stuff. But Lukaku might need one more season before he is top dog. Schurrle just got here so need to adapt.

Torres.....

Only hope is that Ba suddenly recaptures his Newcastle form and we will be good.

I share your pessimism.

And by young and get better you all mean Oscar, Hazard, and Lukaku right? Because most if not all others are either not that young and/or close their full potential. *aside from the new/unknown/youngsters who have joined the club. Especially in the striker position, we've got Ba and Torres, and that alone will put us outside of any contention IMHO. Although Lukaku has immense potential, it's really difficult to predict how he's going to develop, and what type of player he will become.

De Rossi would change things for sure, but can we honestly expect a different outcome from any city face off with the same midfield we've used before? I can certain see a replay of Toure just outmuscling and outrunning Mikel all over again. Although Ramires can match Toure in aggression, he loses out strength wise.

There is zero chance Ba recaptures his newcastle form, because he has been playing as good as always. The key differences are standards and style. Both of which make him surplus to requirements. I'd have more faith in Torres has this not been his 3rd season at Chelsea... :(

Haven't really paid much attention to Benteke, but I'd welcome him if he is a better footballer than Ba (doesn't take much - finishing aside).

Just saw on Twitter that we have supposedly signed Mark Schwarzer. There was even a picture of him in the Chelsea press conference room as evidence and to me it looked legit. Best possible backup keeper signing if true, fingers crossed.

edit: Here's the pic.

BOwGsY6CEAEM86x.jpg

I realize that is not what our fans want to hear but I reckon our transfer window is practically over with signing of Schwarzer yesterday. I doubt we'll be getting anyone else unless we sign some youngster like Bruma or if we see an opportunity for a great deal for a central midfielder like the rumored 12m for De Rossi (not that I necessarily believe that is true).

Manchester City have found an agreement with Jovetic, according to Mediaset. Negotiations ongoing with club, deal very close

Believe it, Jovetic and Manchester City are really, really close