Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Mignolet is a class keeper. Would be considered one of the best in the league if he wasn't playing for Sunderland. Good buy, shame it's Liverpool though.

Yes he is good indeed .... ugly though. Especially now.

I think he means our Pivot problems.

We lack some defensive stability and our slow in switching to build up. This leaves Mata and especially Hazard in a position where they lose some of their quality, namely getting the ball while running (full speed).

This means we lack a genuine 6 (defensive deep lying) and an 8 - a regista to determine the heartbeat and tempo of the game.

We should invest in that. It is that core - our spine were we lost games this season (along with Torres being a wallflower - especially first half of the season).

also .. I believe this is where the 'Cavani' money should be invested in foremost.

that's one big assumption: that our midfield problems are caused exclusively by the limitations of our double pivot and has nothing to do with the AMs who roam in front of them.

I personally think it's the latter. The number of players committed to defending is very telling: (aside from back line) 2 CMs and one AM (oscar) who has some aptitude to the task (despite his frail build). The others are absolutely terrible at defending.

Other top sides have more rounded players in attacking positions.

Mmmmm I don't know. I think you are assuming as well.

Mata doesnt track back Moses and Oscar do. Oscar is positionally very strong at that even. Hazard started out as a noob in backtracking but sure learned it the second half of the season.

So we might agree to disagree. Without hazard and Mata .... we would have been killed.

I think he means our Pivot problems.

We lack some defensive stability and our slow in switching to build up. This leaves Mata and especially Hazard in a position where they lose some of their quality, namely getting the ball while running (full speed).

This means we lack a genuine 6 (defensive deep lying) and an 8 - a regista to determine the heartbeat and tempo of the game.

We should invest in that. It is that core - our spine were we lost games this season (along with Torres being a wallflower - especially first half of the season).

also .. I believe this is where the 'Cavani' money should be invested in foremost.

First of all I did know, what he meant. Obviously I used irony. :P

Second I still can believe we are talking about midfield and especially, "pivot", and "regista" problems, with the quantity, and quality of the players we got there. The complete amount is, I think 6 or 7 players, for about 100 mil. That said, I think, we are going to buy, just one player for this position, and, looks like it will be Marco Van Ginkel. And I'm perfectly fine with it!

Sky sources understand Liverpool have agreed a fee of around £11m-£12m with Sunderland for goalkeeper Simon Mignolet. http://bit.ly/10EnyOk

yup, had been smart business by our club to sign courtois, but unless liverpool we will be unable to keep hold of our Belgian keeper.

From the most reliable reporter...

Tancredi Palmeri@tancredipalmeri14 min

Manchester United is preparing a bid for Gareth Bale, according to Sky Italy

He cites Sky Italy 5 times a day and I've yet to see a single thing that they've got right.

Tancedi tweets so much bullshit that I think about un following him sometimes, but he's a funny guy so I still do.

Anyways, anyone else quietly concerned about what Arsenal are looking to do? Higuain looks to be imminent and they're also after Fellaini. If they can get Wilshere to stay healthy and Walcott keeps in good form they'll have a nice side. Don't think they'll be pushing for the title like us but I think they could potentially finish thereabouts.