Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Jermaine Pennant signs new one-year deal with Stoke. 3 weeks after being released by......Stoke! :D

Sky Sports sources understand Andy Carroll is having a medical at West Ham ahead of a proposed £15m move.

Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel looks set to complete a move to join Galatasaray after publicly stating that the two sides are in advanced talks and that he is hoping to move to the Istanbul club imminently according to a number of sources including Turkish outlet Sabah.

The 26 year old battler is quoted as saying that he hopes to join his former Blues team-mate Didier Drogba and is looking forward to making the move to the Super Lig champions, stating;

“I’m very pleased with Galatasaray’s offer,” Mikel told Turkish newspaper, Sabah.

“I asked Drogba for advice and he told me that Istanbul is a fantastic city, that Galatasaray is a huge club and that I have to make the move.

“I have played at Chelsea for a long time and it’s now time for me to leave.

“I’m still only 26 and it’s great to receive an offer from a club [Galatasaray] playing Champions League football and doing well in the competition.”

Mikel said, “Talks have reached an advanced level between Chelsea and Galatasaray. Chelsea won’t make the move difficult and regarding my salary there won’t be a problem.

“All that is left is for the clubs to reach an agreement.”

Mikel joined Chelsea from Norwegian side FK Lyn in a deal said to be worth around £21m back in 2006 and has gone to become a pivotal member of the Blues squad, racking up 277 appearances for the West London side. The tough tackling midfielder appears to feel the time is right to move on and has perhaps been led to believe that returning Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is looking to bring in alternative defensive midfield options this summer.

John Obi Mikel has won a host of honours during his seven years at Stamford Bridge, including a Premier League title, four FA Cup triumphs, a Champions League and Europa League winners medal.

Mourinho may look to Michael Essien to take his first choice defensive midfield spot having brought the Chelsea man to Real Madrid on a season long loan spell last season.

I won't post everyone it looks like will be joining them, but Fiorentina look like they'll be the most entertaining team in Serie A next season. They're absolutely stacking up on cheap yet very good players.

Gomez could be joining from Bayern.

They'll have a fully fit Giuseppe Rossi.

Cuadrado is being brought in on a perm. deal after his successful loan.

They've just signed Joaquín from Malaga.

They have concrete interest in Gaston Ramirez.

It seems they lead the race for Keisuke Honda (if he decides to leave.)

They're negotiating a potential transfer for Jordy Clasie who's simply incredible.

So that's on top of all the players they already have which helped create such a silky-smooth passing side last season. They're going to give plenty of neutrals a fun time.

So Thiago seems imminent for United and City have already spent £50m with Isco apparently imminent. Both of their squads will look set and they'll have done their business this early.

Meanwhile, our squad needs the most work of the 3 and we've yet to hear a single concrete link to a player. Only bs rumors and speculation.

I'd have thought we'd be doing similarly and had our targets lined up to move quickly. Guess not. :(

So Thiago seems imminent for United and City have already spent £50m with Isco apparently imminent. Both of their squads will look set and they'll have done their business this early.

Meanwhile, our squad needs the most work of the 3 and we've yet to hear a single concrete link to a player. Only bs rumors and speculation.

I'd have thought we'd be doing similarly and had our targets lined up to move quickly. Guess not. :(

Hmm. I think you're forgetting that we've basically signed 2 new players with Lukaku and De Bruyne coming back and also the Schurrle signing. Our squad definitely looks better than it does last season. We're 2 or 3 away from having the perfect squad I think.

Hmm. I think you're forgetting that we've basically signed 2 new players with Lukaku and De Bruyne coming back and also the Schurrle signing. Our squad definitely looks better than it does last season. We're 2 or 3 away from having the perfect squad I think.

Yeah, those two will be big for us, I know.

For all that talk about us spending a ton I just kinda expected us to go hard as soon as Jose was installed.

Hopefully behind the scenes shit is going down.

People expected the same thing last summer and we got Hazad and Oscar. People expected us to sing top players with AVB, "missed out on them", and then got Mata and Lukaku. So IMO people should really stop complaining and wait for stuff to happen.