Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Who could we get that is similar to Schurrle for half the price?

I agree with the spending 60m on one player part. Don't mind Cavani here but the price is just ridiculous. That's one sticking point but another one is we don't really have other quality options available out there that will suit us. I desperately want to see us buy Lewandowski (for only 30m Euros FFS!) but he seems certain to join Bayern and there's hardly anyone else. (don't come saying Ba-Torres-Lukaku as STs is enough please!) That is unless we get desperate and go for Rooney, Gomez....

Mata cost less than Schurrle. Don't tell me you think Andre is better? We also bought KDB for 7m and he is better as well. We sold Danny for 12m and he is the most similar player to Schurrle I could think of. Point is, we paid over the top for Andre.

I stand with what I told you the other day on twitter: We will NOT sign a striker this window. We have three strikers for a system that only utilizes one of them, and even of loan Lukaku out, neither Ba nor Torres are going anywhere. You can't just keep needlessy throwing big money at your problems. That is the mentality we need to get rid of. In fact needlessly throwing big money is what created this problem when we bought Torres.

We can't keep spending just for the sake of spending to get the shiniest name out there. Spending big does not mean solving problems, in fact if we look at our recent history, our "average" money signings have mostly worked much better than the big money signings.

Mata cost less than Schurrle. Don't tell me you think Andre is better? We also bought KDB for 7m and he is better as well. We sold Danny for 12m and he is the most similar player to Schurrle I could think of. Point is, we paid over the top for Andre.

Funny. Those players you mentioned, we either have bought them or sold them. Get where you're coming but your inability to name a player that is similar to Schurrle right now and cost half of the price we bought him makes your point rather invalid here. You have the point but no name to back it up.

I stand with what I told you the other day on twitter: We will NOT sign a striker this window. We have three strikers for a system that only utilizes one of them, and even of loan Lukaku out, neither Ba nor Torres are going anywhere. You can't just keep needlessy throwing big money at your problems. That is the mentality we need to get rid of. In fact needlessly throwing big money is what created this problem when we bought Torres.

We can't keep spending just for the sake of spending to get the shiniest name out there. Spending big does not mean solving problems, in fact if we look at our recent history, our "average" money signings have mostly worked much better than the big money signings.

We already had that discussion. Won't go into that again...

Funny. Those players you mentioned, we either have bought them or sold them. Get where you're coming but your inability to name a player that is similar to Schurrle right now and cost half of the price we bought him makes your point rather invalid here. You have the point but no name to back it up.

<_<

No, I intentionally only mentioned those related to us in order to make it relevant. There are loads of players that fall into that category. Off the top of my head: Remy, Turan, Muniain, Ljajic (would probably cost the same but is sooo much better), Rakitic, Lamela...etc Should I go on? And didn't Nani want to leave united? I'd love him here and he'd cost much less than Andre.

This is something that annoys a lot, that whenever we are linked with someone that is hyped, everyone seems to act like he's the only player in the world who will be our savior. But teh fact is, unless we are attempting to sign Messi, there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

<_<

No, I intentionally only mentioned those related to us in order to make it relevant. There are loads of players that fall into that category. Off the top of my head: Remy, Turan, Muniain, Ljajic (would probably cost the same but is sooo much better), Rakitic, Lamela...etc Should I go on? And didn't Nani want to leave united? I'd love him here and he'd cost much less than Andre.

Now you're talking...

Decent players there you mentioned but not sure how many of them are better than Schurrle especially when you don't really know how much they would cost. And Nani? Really?! NANI?!! :doh:

Now you're talking...

Decent players there you mentioned but not sure how many of them are better than Schurrle especially when you don't really know how much they would cost. And Nani? Really?! NANI?!! :doh:

Yes, Nani. He's inconsistent offensively but he always tracks back and defends the wing well. He's also one of the few remaining "traditional" wingers who can actually cross and can give us a different option than the ones we currently have.

I think we've moved way off topic here. Move this to the general transfer talk?

Yes, Nani. He's inconsistent offensively but he always tracks back and defends the wing well. He's also one of the few remaining "traditional" wingers who can actually cross and can give us a different option than the ones we currently have.

Mata was more expensive than Schurrle.

Most of those you mentioned will not come for half of £19m. Nani for example, was the same price as Schurrle and signed at even a younger age. He wouldn't got for £9m-£10m, nor would the others you've mentioned. But yeah agreed that this should be moved to the general transfers discussion.

i think we could go after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. he would only cost around £10m. would be 24 by the new season and scored 19 goals and got 9 assists in the french league last season. he is really fast and talented and with the right service he could be a monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMzuck1BxMk

Pace whores work in the Premier League. Walcott/Bale are big examples

@CHOULO19, Nani is not only inconsistent offensively but inconsistent overall as a player. You will see him perform OK for 2-3 games and then see him go completely missing for the next few games. He touted to be the next world class player, the next Cristiano Ronaldo (similar ilk) and all that but up till now, he hasn't really fulfilled his potential including maximised his talent to stand out from the rest. Even when he's not injured, he's always been in and out of Fergie's squad previously and that itself should already tell its own story about him as a player. Moreover, the fact that United are even thinking of selling Nani should already give you a few hinters on what they think about him. If he's good like you're trying to make him out to be, they would be adamant in keeping him but yet, we keep on hearing these rumours about him being sold and other clubs interested in him. Nani may be one of the traditional wingers left but I wouldn't want another inconsistent and average player in the squad when we've already got a few.

And those posts have been moved to here...

Mata was more expensive than Schurrle.

Most of those you mentioned will not come for half of £19m. Nani for example, was the same price as Schurrle and signed at even a younger age. He wouldn't got for £9m-£10m, nor would the others you've mentioned. But yeah agreed that this should be moved to the general transfers discussion.

Well I read that the Schurrle deal will reach 24m. But of course there is no certain value as the club did not disclose the fee.

Anyway, I'm positive that Nani would not go for more than 12m. He has fallen out of favor at united and he wants to leave. He was signed for 19m because he was supposed to be the next Ronaldo. Most of the names I've mentioned would go for a lot less than Schurrle. Remy is rumored to have a clause in his contract that if QPR got relegated he could leave for something like 7m! All the players I mentioned should cost under 15m (except Lijajic, but he is some player!) and I'm not saying that they all will, just that we could certainly have found someone similar to Schurrle for a lot less money than we paid.

@CHOULO19, Nani is not only inconsistent offensively but inconsistent overall as a player. You will see him perform OK for 2-3 games and then see him go completely missing for the next few games. He touted to be the next world class player, the next Cristiano Ronaldo (similar ilk) and all that but up till now, he hasn't really fulfilled his potential including maximised his talent to stand out from the rest. Even when he's not injured, he's always been in and out of Fergie's squad previously and that itself should already tell its own story about him as a player. Moreover, the fact that United are even thinking of selling Nani should already give you a few hinters on what they think about him. If he's good like you're trying to make him out to be, they would be adamant in keeping him but yet, we keep on hearing these rumours about him being sold and other clubs interested in him. Nani may be one of the traditional wingers left but I wouldn't want another inconsistent and average player in the squad when we've already got a few.

And those posts have been moved to here...

Yes, Nani did not live up to his potential. But that was a long time ago, it is completely unfair to keep comparing him to Ronaldo. But compare him to the average winger in the PL and he is still a pretty good player. I think he'd make a great squad player. I said offensively he is consistent, but his work-rate cannot be questioned. The reason united don't want him is that they have a similar player to him in Valencia, and he does not fit Fergie's system.

Anyway, we already got Schurrle and there is no way Nani is coming here..

Yes, Nani did not live up to his potential. But that was a long time ago, it is completely unfair to keep comparing him to Ronaldo. But compare him to the average winger in the PL and he is still a pretty good player. I think he'd make a great squad player. I said offensively he is consistent, but his work-rate cannot be questioned. The reason united don't want him is that they have a similar player to him in Valencia, and he does not fit Fergie's system.

Anyway, we already got Schurrle and there is no way Nani is coming here..

Long time ago or not, the point is he hasn't fulfilled his potential. It's unfair comparing to Ronaldo yes but again, he hasn't exactly turned into a player that most would have expected him. On his day, he is better than the average winger but that day is far and few between. It's consistency to consistently deliver at the highest level that makes a player good or great and Nani is neither of those. Has the talents but is an average player. And no. It's not Nani doesn't fit into Fergie's system but for the reasons mentioned. He's inconsistent, blows hot and cold and hardly ever delivers what is expected of him.

Long time ago or not, the point is he hasn't fulfilled his potential. It's unfair comparing to Ronaldo yes but again, he hasn't exactly turned into a player that most would have expected him. On his day, he is better than the average winger but that day is far and few between. It's consistency to consistently deliver at the highest level that makes a player good or great and Nani is neither of those. Has the talents but is an average player. And no. It's not Nani doesn't fit into Fergie's system but for the reasons mentioned. He's inconsistent, blows hot and cold and hardly ever delivers what is expected of him.

I think you're underrating him too much and I think he makes an excellent squad player. But anyway, like I said, he won't be coming here so let's agree to disagree on this.

I think you're underrating him too much and I think he makes an excellent squad player. But anyway, like I said, he won't be coming here so let's agree to disagree on this.

No. I think you are overrating him too much and I don't think we need him, even if he was available. But anyway, lets just agree to disagree...