Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I agree with all you both said!

I just think Mou will want to buy a young CB (Mangala, maybe) on top of a ST, RW and DM.

I also think he will leave a LB and CM for next season, when Lampard/Cole/Terry will be probably gone.

Na I cant see Mourinho being too happy having to rely on Bertrand as Ash's back up if he gets injured, if Coentrao is happy to be a back up/fight for his place and hes not gonna cost too much I'd be happy enough with that despite not rating him that highly.

I also see Mourinho looking to sign a strong MF player which we desperately need (De Rossi or someone) to take Lampard's role in the 2 holding players. Lampard is a decent option for rotation and coming off the bench but I don't think he should start over 25-30 games. He should take a Giggs/Scholes role and maybe play every few games to rest players or when Jose feels he needs to call on his experienced players etc.

I actually want to see who we get in for a back up GK tbh. Don't think we'll take Courtois this year tbh, maybe its for the best as he will be playing more games etc but I don't know because sometimes you learn more playing with top players and surely training with Petr could benefit him no?

Anyway mentioning Moses, I really hope he stays here, I can see Jose ironing out a few creases in him, like his left foot and possibly his decision making.

I actually want to see who we get in for a back up GK tbh. Don't think we'll take Courtois this year tbh, maybe its for the best as he will be playing more games etc but I don't know because sometimes you learn more playing with top players and surely training with Petr could benefit him no?

Anyway mentioning Moses, I really hope he stays here, I can see Jose ironing out a few creases in him, like his left foot and possibly his decision making.

He's officially the best goalkeeper in Spain last season, why would he sacrifice that to come train with Petr Cech?

He's officially the best goalkeeper in Spain last season, why would he sacrifice that to come train with Petr Cech?

Hes not gonna walk into our first XI unopposed.

Hes going to have to come back to Chelsea and fight for his place at one point. Cech plays every game hes fit for because hes the best GK at the club, Courtois is near enough at the same quality so if he was there to challenge he would maybe get games... was the same with Cech when he first arrived, he had to wait for Cudicini to get injured to get a shot at the first team as he was his understudy.

Still reckon loaning Courtois to a club in England would be better than a loan to Atleti again, don't know what it is, have a feeling that the longer he stays with Alteti hes gonna say 'I'm comfortable here, might consider staying'.

I know I've mentioned the De Gea adaption stuff before and Thibaut may be better physically developed but there is a major different between the Belgian league and La Liga in comparison to the Premier League. Even Julio Cesar, who is an experienced goal keeper mentioned it in an interview before Brazil played England a while back about the difference from Serie A to the Premier League for a GK.

I know its hard to find an English club who are in the CL that aren't really going to be competing with us for the CL spots but personally I'd have put him to Everton if they would have taken him. Howard is a decent keeper still but hes 33 now and surely Everton wouldn't reject such an opportunity, or you'd hope not!

Anyway if he goes on loan again but then comes back then sure I'd be happy but I have a feeling hes going to be extremely comfortable at Atleti if he does a third year and then that puts doubt in my head despite how ever many interviews saying he wants to be part of Chelsea's future etc. I mean look at De Bruyne and hes only done one season on loan now hes apparently wanting to go to Dortmund.

Mark Schwarzer to leave Fulham this summer. Perfect signing for nothing, experienced and very competent. Would allow us to loan out Courtois again.

He has said he's settled in the area and his kids are at school. He may be reluctant to join as backup but the lure of possible silverware may swing it. Also factor in the amount of games we play and he'd still likely get a few games. More than at Fulham now they have Stekelenberg.

Another one from Jamie, the infamous son of Arrie (who apparently have magical powers, to keep teams from relegation, Oh, Wait)

Man City's £34m Fernandinho "is already the signing of the summer". Jamie Redknapp, expert on Ukrainian football.

What an absolute tool he is.