Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Practically revived Atletico's season last January

He was going to be so great (same hype Oscar has) and now he doesnt even make NT.

Still a good player, that is true. But not even close to what people thought!

I never knew what realy happend to Diego. He was brilliant for Werder, then made dream Juve move and had great season and later he was sold...juve had Diego, Krasic and Elia careers destroyed basicaly. All were promising players and then went missing. Diego had highest ceiling of them all...We will have to be very careful with Oscar, Chalobah, Kdb and Lukaku's development if we want them to suceed.

4-3-3

Cech/(Backup GK)

Azpi/Bane - (CB)/Cahill - Luiz/Terry - Cole/PVA/Bert

Ramires(Ball-winner) - Mikel/Romeu - Oscar (DLP)

Mata/KDB - Ba/Lukaku - Hazard/Moses

So at a minimum, we'll need a backup GK, a CB, a ball-winning midfielder and a proper centre-mid, preferably a deep lying playmaker.

Backup GK - Buy someone homegrown, maybe Robert Green after QPR goes down.

CB - Has to be someone who can partner Luiz from day one.

Ball winning mid & centre-mid - We need two midfielders for sure. People keep throwing KDB in their midfield but he's way too aggressive of a passer and not good enough of a defender to be playing EPL level midfield, he should be first backup to all the attacking mid positions. I'd want Vidal for sure and a Moutinho/Cabaye whichever is cheaper (I'd prefer Moutinho).

I'd love a striker and another winger but the above take priority, especially the midfield imo.

In:

Green - 2M?

CB - 15-20M

Vidal - 20M

Cabaye/Moutinho - 20M

Lukaku - Loan

KDB - Loan

PVA - Loan

Out:

Ferreira

Malouda

Yossi

Essien

Lamps

Marin

Torres

Total spend of 60M or thereabouts with big wage cuts for sure.

Ivanovic?

Seen someone mention Viktor Fischer above.

In my opinion Viktor Fischer would be an interesting buy. He has flourished for Ajax in their traditional possession based 4-3-3 as a left winger/inverted forward under de Boer where he comes infield and floats in between the lines. Technically excellent as you'd expect being schooled in Holland with Ajax and in Denmark before where the quality of youth players have improve the last couple of years. Think he has 8 goals for Ajax in the league this year in 18 appearances which for an 18 year old in their debut season is really impressive. Hes one we should keep an eye on and I'm sure the scouting department already know who he is after giving him a trial when he was 16. Already got the inevitable comparison with Michael Laudrup.

Still we all know what we need this summer. A Xavi Alonso-esque player who can dictate the tempo and play along with getting stuck in when needed and a striker of some sort depending on what we do with Lukaku (loan him or keep him). We could gamble and go with Torres, Ba, Lukaku and promote Islam Feruz to give him a taste of first team action but ultimately we need a manager lmao. Also a quality CB would be nice.

In my opinion Viktor Fischer would be an interesting buy. He has flourished for Ajax in their traditional possession based 4-3-3 as a left winger/inverted forward under de Boer where he comes infield and floats in between the lines. Technically excellent as you'd expect being schooled in Holland with Ajax and in Denmark before where the quality of youth players have improve the last couple of years. Think he has 8 goals for Ajax in the league this year in 18 appearances which for an 18 year old in their debut season is really impressive. Hes one we should keep an eye on and I'm sure the scouting department already know who he is after giving him a trial when he was 16. Already got the inevitable comparison with Michael Laudrup.

Still we all know what we need this summer. A Xavi Alonso-esque player who can dictate the tempo and play along with getting stuck in when needed and a striker of some sort depending on what we do with Lukaku (loan him or keep him). We could gamble and go with Torres, Ba, Lukaku and promote Islam Feruz to give him a taste of first team action but ultimately we need a manager lmao. Also a quality CB would be nice.

Benat =)

Would prefer Illarramendi over Benat. The more complete player.

No idea who he is but I'm sure I've seen someone mention him on twitter before, plays for Real Sociedad?

Moutinho would be the perfect player we could get for the pivot this summer as hes likely to leave Porto.

No idea who he is but I'm sure I've seen someone mention him on twitter before, plays for Real Sociedad?

Yes. Was initially following them since the turn of the year to watch more of Griezmann but Illarramendi really caught the eye, among other players. He's robust in the tackle, tactically he is excellent (where I think Benat falls short). Benat reminds me of Wilshere in the sense that he likes to get forward when the opportunity arises, and also isn't afraid to get stuck in. But as much as he likes to get stuck in, the game can pass him by against better opponents.

Illarramendi might not have Benat's passing range, or be as risky as him, but the way he moves reminds me so much of Alonso. He can ping balls across the pitch like there's no tomorrow.

Yes. Was initially following them since the turn of the year to watch more of Griezmann but Illarramendi really caught the eye, among other players. He's robust in the tackle, tactically he is excellent (where I think Benat falls short). Benat reminds me of Wilshere in the sense that he likes to get forward when the opportunity arises, and also isn't afraid to get stuck in. But as much as he likes to get stuck in, the game can pass him by against better opponents.

Illarramendi might not have Benat's passing range, or be as risky as him, but the way he moves reminds me so much of Alonso. He can ping balls across the pitch like there's no tomorrow.

If Benat is anything like Wilshere tactically as you've said then he can't be a player for the pivot imo. That's where Wilshere lets himself down for me, when I've seen him break forward for Arsenal and they lose the ball he doesn't get back and one or two passes from the opposition and its automatically 2 v 1 in midfield, the Arsenal midfielder usually being Arteta or Ramsey who aren't really defensive midfield players. That is how they get dominated in certain games, they don't have a proper defensive midfielder to pair with Arteta or Ramsey.

Anyway that's another issue and another team haha but I might have a look out for this Illarramendi if I get the chance to watch a Sociedad game. I imagine he doesn't have any senior Spanish NT caps but has he been used at u23 or u21 level?

Possibly. I've not seen him play but from what I've heard hes very much similar to Alonso, correct?

Benat being compared to Wilshere? :lol:

Works brilliantly in tight spaces and under pressure. 'World Class' off the ball movement. Plays from deep and controls the tempo when others are joining him in transition. He would work brilliantly with Mazacar. Great vision, great free kicks, long passes. Truly underrated

Illarramendi is also a great shout. More of an ideal central midfielder but we are looking for a deep lying one.Not as experienced and technical as Benat and doesn't contain his vision and ability to work well in tight areas. Besides, who says our new manager will deploy a 4231?

If Benat is anything like Wilshere tactically as you've said then he can't be a player for the pivot imo. That's where Wilshere lets himself down for me, when I've seen him break forward for Arsenal and they lose the ball he doesn't get back and one or two passes from the opposition and its automatically 2 v 1 in midfield, the Arsenal midfielder usually being Arteta or Ramsey who aren't really defensive midfield players. That is how they get dominated in certain games, they don't have a proper defensive midfielder to pair with Arteta or Ramsey.

Anyway that's another issue and another team haha but I might have a look out for this Illarramendi if I get the chance to watch a Sociedad game. I imagine he doesn't have any senior Spanish NT caps but has he been used at u23 or u21 level?

Indeed. He lacks the discipline at the moment to be a mainstay in their pivot. But I would say that alongside a dominant defensive midfielder (like when they had Gilberto Silva) it wouldn't be such a problem. I wouldn't complain if we got Benat, especially if we get someone like Mourinho in who could take his game to the next level. But at the moment I think his lack of discipline let's him down.

Illarramendi has appeared for Spain in all youth levels IIRC. I wouldn't be surprised to see him called up, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't! Such a good midfield they have.

Benat being compared to Wilshere? :lol:

Works brilliantly in tight spaces and under pressure. 'World Class' off the ball movement. Plays from deep and controls the tempo when others are joining him in transition. He would work brilliantly with Mazacar. Great vision, great free kicks, long passes. Truly underrated

Illarramendi is also a great shout. Not as experienced and technical as Benat though. And who says our new manager will deploy a 4231?

Yeah, tactical similarities not their styles.

I agree, it makes discussing potential transfers a bit pointless at the moment, but I guess there is no harm in starting up conversation early

By the way, stop being so selfish with all these quality Spanish midfielders :rant:

Modric and Moutinho offer more dribbling from deep. They have the ability to play themselves out of trouble in addition to their playmaking skills.

Benat would be cheaper and if Modric/Moutinho are not affordable, he would be my choice

Fischer is an excellent player. As you say 8 goals in the league and 10 goals in overall competitions. Brilliant for a teenager who had not even played first team football before the 12-13 season. He will not join Chelsea though if given the choice, I am sure. He will not be a first team player here and I am sure he knows for his development it is best he stays at Ajax. The big boys will be in for him in the summer for sure but I think he will stay at Ajax another season and follow Eriksen's guide.

Btw, this is a brilliant chipped goal he scored on the weekend against NEC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWs_5vJ7U8s

If Mourinho comes and he can pick a few players odds are higher we go after Witsel i think, he already wanted him last year at madrid, same with fellaini so he seems to know Belgian NT players since he also informed for the prices of the likes of felliani last year. Else i would still go after Bender/Vidal, only other great options as i see it if we want to combine a pivot with a DLP. And since Moutinho seems to be rather cheap (Tottenham got an offer of 20M accepted last year), we could aswell go for Witsel-Moutinho if we want to start working on a really attacking side where our whole midfield are great passers.

Witsel(Chabolah/Ake) - Moutinho(McEachren/Ramires)

Hazard(Moses/Rami)-Oscar(Mata/KDB)-Mata(Piazon/KDB) (still doubt he would play mazacar tho)

Would even beat barca's midfield i think once they are used to eachother.

Witsel > Busquets

Moutinho > Xavi possibly rather soon than late because Xavi is starting to feel his age, especially for the PL

Hazard > Pedro

Mata = Iniesta, can also become better rather soon.

Oscar well he's not Messi's lvl but still who knows :)

If Mourinho comes and he can pick a few players odds are higher we go after Witsel i think, he already wanted him last year at madrid, same with fellaini so he seems to know Belgian NT players since he also informed for the prices of the likes of felliani last year. Else i would still go after Bender/Vidal, only other great options as i see it if we want to combine a pivot with a DLP. And since Moutinho seems to be rather cheap (Tottenham got an offer of 20M accepted last year), we could aswell go for Witsel-Moutinho if we want to start working on a really attacking side where our whole midfield are great passers.

Witsel(Chabolah/Ake) - Moutinho(McEachren/Ramires)

Hazard(Moses/Rami)-Oscar(Mata/KDB)-Mata(Piazon/KDB) (still doubt he would play mazacar tho)

Would even beat barca's midfield i think once they are used to eachother.

Witsel > Busquets

Moutinho > Xavi possibly rather soon than late because Xavi is starting to feel his age, especially for the PL

Hazard > Pedro

Mata = Iniesta, can also become better rather soon.

Oscar well he's not Messi's lvl but still who knows :)

i desperatley wanted witsel last year. not sure if zenit would sell. he has been good for them

Just need DM & CF in next Season :

DM : Gundogan (20 Mio) / Sven Bender (15 Mio) / Benat Exteberria (11 Mio)

CF : Lewandowski (27 Mio) / Wilfried Bony (10 Mio)

Likely to out :

Marin = Injury Prone (4 Mio)

Benayoun = Too Old and useless (Free Transfer)

Torres = He's Crap and inconsisstent (13 Mio)