Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

We need a match winner. Obviously we score lot of goals, close to Barca if you check stats. But problem is when we are winning everyone in our team scores, if we are losing, no one scores out of 100 chances. In difficult times, we dont have calm finisher. Mata, Hazard, Torres,..they are all very inconsistent and cant push team forward. City has Yaya Toure and United has Rvp/Rooney. They score when its needed and they wont give up until last second of match. They play 100% in big and small games, giving a team consistent performances. We dont have such mentaly and physicaly strong player. In january, we need to buy someone similar to that. Either in striker or midfielder. We need someone with AUTHORITY and big (fear)respect among opponents. Since there are no realy experienced class strikers available, we might go after experienced midifelder. The only player that is 'available' and was linked with us is Fellaini. Hard working, die hard, can run forever and plays anywhere in midfield. Not sure if he fits our style, but if he somehow will sucess here, he will give us some power, stamina and ahead of all he proved he can score for team when needed (against City, United,...). Also he is PL proven and would adopt here quickly. If we can get him for 20mio, why not.

If A.Cole leaves, cheeky bid for Baines?

It actually makes sense. We're running low on homegrown players and Baines is one of the best left backs in the world. Personally, I think keeping Cole for another year or two and watching how Bertrand develops (and maybe buying someone like Luke Shaw to compete with him) makes the most sense.

It actually makes sense. We're running low on homegrown players and Baines is one of the best left backs in the world. Personally, I think keeping Cole for another year or two and watching how Bertrand develops (and maybe buying someone like Luke Shaw to compete with him) makes the most sense.

I agree. Some fans don't really care but I just wish we had more home-grown players, and especially players from our own academy breaking into the first-team but we might have to wait a few more years for that to happen.

Regarding, I'm not sure he will ever reach Ashley Cole's level, it's hard to judge. I can imagine Chelsea selling him within the next few years and buying a Spanish left-back (maybe Monreal?) to replace him. Or Portuguese, someone like Coentrao.

That's interesting, i usually trust what i read on the Telegraph so will be keeping an eye on how that develops.

Seems I was right (as usual, lol). I said if we got into the race for Ba we would have a pretty good chance of getting him.

BOOOM, the day after....We are favourites to sign him!

:D

Yes, but when did our board made sense? :lol:

Looks like Ba is coming

the telegraph are saying we lead the race to sign him

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...dow-opens.html

Chelsea lead race to sign £7m Ba as transfer window opens

Chelsea have emerged as the favourites to sign Demba Ba for £7m once the January transfer window opens.

Newcastle United are still hoping that Ba will renegotiate the £7m release clause in his contract — although manager Alan Pardew has finally admitted that the 27-year-old will be sold if a new deal is not struck. Marseille’s Loic Remy has been lined up as an £11.5m replacement at Newcastle.

Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal also remain interested in buying Ba but Chelsea are determined to add to their strike-force in January.

Ba scored twice for Newcastle in an extraordiary game against Arsenal last night which finished 4-3 to Arsenal.

Chelsea have continued to explore the possibility of signing Radomel Falcao for £48m — the value of his release clause — but he has insisted he will remain at Atletico Madrid until the summer when Chelsea will have to fight off competition from Real Madrid and Manchester City.

Chelsea, who have told Frank Lampard he is free to leave, also remain interested in Bayer Leverkusen’s Andre Schurrle and have also held talks over signing Real’s Gonzalo Higuain but, again, that deal is complicated while the terms to acquire Ba are simple: £7m to release him from his contract, for which he receives £2.5m, plus around £2m in fees to his agent and wages of £70,000-a-week for the striker.

Ba would struggle to pass a medical, because of his chronic knee problems, but they have not prevented him from playing and scoring regularly for Newcastle — he now has 13 Premier League goals this season in a team which has been struggling.

His acquisition would also relieve the burden on Fernando Torres while, at the same time, not putting too much pressure on the striker because Ba would not constitute a big-name signing. Chelsea would also recoup the outlay on a proven goal-scorer because they are selling Daniel Sturridge to Liverpool for £12m.

Arsene Wenger appeared to rule out a move for Ba in January but that public statement probably had much to do with the fact that Arsenal played Newcastle United last night. He remains interested. Spurs also registered their interest. They have explored the possibility of signing Athletic Bilbao’s Fernando Llorente but have been told he will move elsewhere.

Chelsea are being offered a number of players including Seville’s Alvaro Negredo who is understood to be available for £16m. Chelsea hope to also push ahead with the signing of Metalist Kharkiv’s attacking midfielder Taison for up to £10m although there are concerns as to whether the 24-year-old Brazilian will be granted a work permit.

Wenger says walcott not leaving this window whatever happens

I don't mind getting Ba. It give us more option at front.

Btw I don't see us getting villa

Come on man, we got a lot of hotties in our squad, time for some ugly cunts.

Teves and Lescott are coming this January transfer... mark my words.

Ugly cunts are fine. Look at JT he is pretty terrible. Lescott transcends that. He looks like the anthromorphic incarnation of the boogeyman.

De Bruyne is not more ready than Lewis Holtby, Holtby is 24 and has much more experience having been a regular in the Bundesliga for 4 or 5 years now. If hes available for 6-8 million get him, could be a bargain. He was great at Mainz, he played as a #10 / winger there though but this was 2 or 3 years ago. Hes a much more all round player now by the looks of it now, playing as a CM for Schalke. Maybe sign him on a pre-contract agreement in fact?

Holtby may be more ready and developed at this point then KDB but kevin has immense potential and signinig holtby will only block KDB's path.Although i would not mind marin to be replaced by holtby.