Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Lmao i said this since forever, but people are still making excuses like "he only plays 5 minutes" that's why he can't do anything positive when he comes on :rolleyes:

How exactly does he except to get a chance if he does not make the most of his sub appearances? this is what Moses has been doing, this is what even fucking Kalou did.

What has Moses done off the bench beside that goal against Shakhtar? While playing twice as much minutes.

What has Moses done beside that goal against Shakhtar? While playing twice as much minutes.

He came on against QPR away and immediately was our best player and created a brilliant chance for Eden to win the game. And also forced a good save out of Cesar.

I can't remember the game now, but we were at home and he came on and did well once again. Then people started calling for him to start games and he has kept on impressing.

I can't remember the game now, but we were at home and he came on and did well once again. Then people started calling for him to start games and he has kept on impressing.

That was against stoke when cole scored the winner late on.

I hope we go for a couple of cut-price striking options and seal a deal for Falcao in the summer...1 striker just wouldn't do,we have to create competition...

It would be best if we get Essien back in January and use him as backup for the rest of the season...buying a CM in January and expecting him to settle in to the team and form a working partnership with Mikel/Ramires,(not to mention settle in England/Premier League if bought from abroad) is just too much...

I don;t really think we need defensive re-inforcements,we have talented players in every position in defence...

He came on against QPR away and immediately was our best player and created a brilliant chance for Eden to win the game. And also forced a good save out of Cesar.

Moses played over 30 minutes in each of those games. Not comparable with Sturridge coming on at the 82m or 88m.

Plus you did really well at fluffing his performances in those 2 example.

Moses played over 30 minutes in each of those games. Not comparable with Sturridge coming on at the 82m or 88m.

Plus you did really well at fluffing his performances in those 2 example.

When Sturridge came on for like 5 minutes against Spurs and scored a tap-in, no one was saying anything about him playing few minutes, but how he should start over Torres because he was in a correct position on a counter.

But when he comes on and does nothing but give the ball away, it's because he's only playing a couple minutes? weird logic. For him to force RDM to give him more minutes he has to make the most of the few minutes he gets, this is what a shit load of players have had to do.

That was Stoke. He did well when he came on and was involved in the move that made the winning goal.

Moses has been a good option for us and is a valuable squad player. Anybody complaining about him needs to get their head checked.

When Sturridge came on for like 5 minutes against Spurs and scored a tap-in, no one was saying anything about him playing few minutes, but how he should start over Torres because he was in a correct position on a counter.

But when he comes on and does nothing but give the ball away, it's because he's only playing a couple minutes? weird logic. For him to force RDM to give him more minutes he has to make the most of the few minutes he gets, this is what a shit load of players have had to do.

I think the only thing you could draw from Sturridge goal, was the fact he put himself in a position to get picked out by Mata, while Torres choose a poor angle. I think it is well documented that Torres makes poor runs and doesn't find himself in goal scoring positions. Here is an article by WAGNH on Torres poor decision making in creating chance situations. http://www.weaintgot...fernando-torres

Tbh at that point i was still on the Torres bandwagon, i thought he had done well in enough to be the man leading the line,even though i had some doubts. So at that point asking for Sturridge over Torres would have been unwarranted. Since then i have lost a lot of my confidence in Torres, as every game passes by Torres gets worse and worse. While it has gotten to the point where it can't get any worse by playing Sturridge. So it is understandable for people wanting to see Sturridge.

I think you are also aware that some players make great super subs while others don't. Remember before he went to Bolton, the consensus of Sturridge among Chelsea fan was the same. He failed to make any impact in his sub appearances and was deemed not good enough, while we all know what happened when he started games after game at Bolton.

Anyway i believe he deserves his shot.

Torres touched the ball 42 times yesterday, 26 of them directly resulted in a turnover, goal kick, or opponents throw..

and people here are saying sturridge loses the ball. bloody no contribution is better than THIS contribution.

I think the only thing you could draw from Sturridge goal, was the fact he put himself in a position to get picked out by Mata, while Torres choose a poor angle. I think it is well documented that Torres makes poor runs and doesn't find himself in goal scoring positions. Here is an article by WAGNH on Torres poor decision making in creating chance situations. http://www.weaintgot...fernando-torres

Tbh at that point i was still on the Torres bandwagon, i thought he had done well in enough to be the man leading the line,even though i had some doubts. So at that point asking for Sturridge over Torres would have been unwarranted. Since then i have lost a lot of my confidence in Torres, as every game passes by Torres gets worse and worse. While it has gotten to the point where it can't get any worse by playing Sturridge. So it is understandable for people wanting to see Sturridge.

I think you are also aware that some players make great super subs while others don't. Remember before he went to Bolton, the consensus of Sturridge among Chelsea fan was the same. He failed to make any impact in his sub appearances and was deemed not good enough, while we all know what happened when he started games after game at Bolton.

Anyway i believe he deserves his shot.

The thing is he won't just get put into the starting 11, even though we all know Torres is ridiculously bad. This is why he has to perform better when he comes on as a sub (making it impossible to ignore him) - i'm not asking him to score or anything like that, just do something positive. When he came on in the 88th minute vs Shakhtar he gave the ball to them at around the half way line with his first touch which was just horrible. He came on at Swansea and more of the same.

I hope Chelsea stay relatively quiet in the January transfer window and if anything, focus more on making room on the roster for loanees in the summer. Start getting in line with FFP, lowering the wage bill, increase revenue profit, etc. As many as six players could be gone which opens the door for Kalas, DeBruyne, McEachran, Lukaku, maybe Bamford.