Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

In: Falcao/Cavani

Out: Sturridge

I'm confused as to what to do for our CM situation. We are about 1 CM short however I don't think buying is wise as Josh/KDB are waiting in the wings. Perhaps bring back Essien from loan?

Would you rather Torres stayed instead of Danny?

CM during AFCON we have Lamps, Rami and Oscar..yup at least 1 short. You're right, no point buying. If allowed, we should bring back Josh out of the 3. I can see Mourinho making a bid for Essien in Jan. Seems to be a formidable player at RM atm.

but I like that his link up play is good and he allows us to at least play reasonably well in terms of creativity and movement.

I can"t believe I am reading this? You still think that way even after watching all these games and him being nothing else but a crap?

Yes, actually I would. People are vastly overrating Sturridge out of the desperation to find an alternative to Torres. Sturridge is not really better IMO. I'm pretty tired of Torres too but I like that his link up play is good and he allows us to at least play reasonably well in terms of creativity and movement. More so than Sturridge who I think just does not have a future here.

Add in other factors like Torres' wages and Sturridge's contract situation and its clear which one needs to go first.

His injury hindered his development in the team so far. If Danny had the same amount of time to 'mould' with the front 3, I think we would of made more out of it than Torres. Thats the only advantage I can see that Torres has over Danny. Other than that, Danny has shown more striker attributes than Torres. We don't need another CAM, we need a striker, somebody to shoot the fukin ball lol..

Fair point with the wages and contract, but Torres is gonna sulk his little socks off if he becomes second fiddle, playing as many minutes as Danny is atm.

His injury hindered his development in the team so far. If Danny had the same amount of time to 'mould' with the front 3, I think we would of made more out of it than Torres. Thats the only advantage I can see that Torres has over Danny. Other than that, Danny has shown more striker attributes than Torres. We don't need another CAM, we need a striker, somebody to shoot the fukin ball lol..

Fair point with the wages and contract, but Torres is gonna sulk his little socks off if he becomes second fiddle, playing as many minutes as Danny is atm.

Look, I want them both gone, but unlike everyone else, I'm thinking rationally and acknowledge we can't and won't get rid of them in the same window. As such, I want Sturridge gone first.

If we're looking to buy a new striker, Fernando Llorente would be a realistic option and I think we should at least be looking into that. Maybe he's not exactly on the level of Falcao or Cavani but neither of them are available in January and would cost at least five times as much even if they were. Llorente's contract is up next summer and he's been sidelined this season by Marcelo Bielsa after he declined to sign a new contract and tried to force a move in the summer transfer window so I'd guess he's willing to leave in January and not wait till next summer to find a new club. A maximum of £10-15m for a very much proven goalscorer doesn't sound all that bad, does it?

http://www.weaintgot...lace-fluminense

Apparently we had 50% rights for the talented youngster as part of the Deco deal...it's great if we have signed him (our RB spot will be solid for many years to come with Azpi and Wallace) but I'm taking this with a pinch of salt. Need to wait for some official confirmation.

Yeah we owned 40 percent of his rights, it seems we've bought the other 60 now so we own him outright.

Yes, actually I would. People are vastly overrating Sturridge out of the desperation to find an alternative to Torres. Sturridge is not really better IMO. I'm pretty tired of Torres too but I like that his link up play is good and he allows us to at least play reasonably well in terms of creativity and movement. More so than Sturridge who I think just does not have a future here.

Add in other factors like Torres' wages and Sturridge's contract situation and its clear which one needs to go first.

oh dear god... what did i just read!!!!

You read an opinion. If you find that odd, why are you on a forum? What an odd human being you are...

first of all dude, chill... dont get excited because some1 disagreed with u... i dint go about saying "oh what an idiot that he wants torres to stay and sturridge gone" and all that shit. so keep your sarcasm to urself. just thought i d have a civilized debate/discussion because i found 2 things confusing in your post but as u have already decided that i m "odd human being", i wont bother your highness.

Well Torres is the most likely reason why Sturridge has yet to sign a new contract. He knows he's just as good, if not better than Torres atm...but what can you do, we're sacrificing a talented young striker who isn't afraid to shoot in order to keep the hopeless Torres as our main striker.

It's clear that Torres should be the one to go first..but considering no club would be stupid enough to pay him 175,000 a week...the chances of Torres leaving in January are very low.