Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

It depends what Chelsea are going to do with Oscar. If they're going to move him into the centre, then we don't need another central midfielder. if they want to keep him up front, then we do. Lampard probably won't be here next year and Chelsea don't just hand jobs to players coming back from loan. I know you and I disagree about this, but I think Ramires is also a far from ideal fit in that spot. He just doesn't have the ability to control the tempo of the game and to distribute for his teammates. He's OK there as a stop-gap, but not long-term. We don't need a defensive midfielder though.

We have already talked about the double pivot role, so I wont go there. I respect you and agree with some of your points...

Let me try to understand, do you see our team like this: Cech, Iva, Terry, Cahil (Luiz), Cole - Oscar, Mikel - Moses, Mata, Hazard - Striker ?

If it is not, how do you view it and what do you think we need?

Thanks

It depends what Chelsea are going to do with Oscar. If they're going to move him into the centre, then we don't need another central midfielder. if they want to keep him up front, then we do. Lampard probably won't be here next year and Chelsea don't just hand jobs to players coming back from loan. I know you and I disagree about this, but I think Ramires is also a far from ideal fit in that spot. He just doesn't have the ability to control the tempo of the game and to distribute for his teammates. He's OK there as a stop-gap, but not long-term. We don't need a defensive midfielder though.

I personally think Ramires' strongest position would be in a 3 man midfield. That way Mikel does his usual job at DM, Oscar/KDB can control the tempo of the game and Ramires gets a bit of freedom to join the attack or sit back and help out Ivan/Azpi on the right wing against stronger opposition.

We have already talked about the double pivot role, so I wont go there. I respect you and agree with some of your points...

Let me try to understand, do you see our team like this: Cech, Iva, Terry, Cahil (Luiz), Cole - Oscar, Mikel - Moses, Mata, Hazard - Striker ?

If it is not, how do you view it and what do you think we need?

Thanks

Yes, if we keep with the 4-2-3-1, I think that is perhaps our best bet going forward. In that case,next year, we would only need to add a striker. We could nee other players depending if Cole stays or not, a LB and depending if Marin shows anything or not and if Lampard takes a one year deal or not, another attacking midfielder/winger and if Sturridge leaves and if Torres got sold, possibly a second or third striker. If we decide to keep Oscar as an attacking midfielder which is absolutely a fine decision, we will need to buy a central midfielder as well.

(The 4-3-3 would be appealing to our central midfield because a rotation of Mikel, Ramires, Oscar, De Bruyne, and Lampard could be very good but it doesn't work for our attack because if you play the 4-3-3, you need to have real wingers which means that Mata and Hazard would have their games curtailed.)

Well, I cant see RDM changing formation, so I see a very probable squad for next year...

Cech, Courtois

Iva, Azi

Terry, Cahil, Luiz, Chabollah (Bruma).

Milel, Romeu

Oscar, Josh, KDB

Hazard, Mata, Moses, Marin

Falcao (Cavani), Torres

I believe Cole will stay, we will integrate our youngsters more (Chabollah, KDB, Josh, etc), Lampard will leave and Sturridge will be sold.

If I were to be really picky, we need a ST, CB and Winger. However, I think only a striker will do...

Well, I cant see RDM changing formation, so I see a very probable squad for next year...

Cech, Courtois

Iva, Azi

Milel, Romeu

Oscar, Josh, KDB

Falcao (Cavani), Torres

I believe Cole will stay, we will integrate our youngsters more (Chabollah, KDB, Josh, etc), Lampard will leave and Sturridge will be sold.

If I were to be really picky, we need a ST, CB and Winger. However, I think only a striker will do...

I highly doubt we need a winger. Moses, Hazard, Juan and Marin (yes I know he hasnt played). ST and CAM i would say

I highly doubt we need a winger. Moses, Hazard, Juan and Marin (yes I know he hasnt played). ST and CAM i would say

Oscar, Hazard, Mata, Marin and KDB (maybe) are CAM. Moses is the only winger you mentioned...

Cech, Courtois

Iva, Azi

Milel, Romeu

Oscar, Josh, KDB

Falcao (Cavani), Torres

Generally agree with you with a few exceptions.

1) i think we will definitely bring in a striker. If it's someone like Remy, Torres might stay. If it's someone like Falcao or Cavani, Torres will get sold. I think Lukaku might be our backup striker next season if he shows enough this year. If not, Chelsea might have to get a couple of strikers. .

2) I think Josh will go back out on loan, maybe to a Premiership side this time. Chalobah will certainly go out on loan, probably for another few years.

3) Not sure what Chelsea will do with Courtois. Cech is still an elite keeper and deserves to be playing all the time. Do we want to bring back Courtois to play in a few cup games?

4) Not so sure about Cole. If Chelsea won't give him more than a year, I think someone else will.I'd say he's about 50/50 to leave and Lampard is about 75/25

5) You, of all people, forgot to mention Ramires. :D

Generally agree with you with a few exceptions.

1) i think we will definitely bring in a striker. If it's someone like Remy, Torres might stay. If it's someone like Falcao or Cavani, Torres will get sold. I think Lukaku might be our backup striker next season if he shows enough this year. If not, Chelsea might have to get a couple of strikers. .

2) I think Josh will go back out on loan, maybe to a Premiership side this time. Chalobah will certainly go out on loan, probably for another few years.

3) Not sure what Chelsea will do with Courtois. Cech is still an elite keeper and deserves to be playing all the time. Do we want to bring back Courtois to play in a few cup games?

4) Not so sure about Cole. If Chelsea won't give him more than a year, I think someone else will.I'd say he's about 50/50 to leave and Lampard is about 75/25

5) You, of all people, forgot to mention Ramires. :D

1. Agrred. Who will buy Torres though?

2. I would say so, if it were 2 years ago. I think Roman has changed his mentality.

3. I would, because he would learn with Cech, but I am not sure this is the best idea.

4. Cole wont saty for 1 year, I believe RDM will make Chelsea extedn for 2 years. I dont see a future for SF unfortunately.

5. LOL, why me of all people? It is not like I am his biggest fan. I just think he does a great job alongside with Mikel and since we have a passing trio, his problems arent so important... :P

Oscar, Hazard, Mata, Marin and KDB (maybe) are CAM. Moses is the only winger you mentioned...

What I meant is that, the players I mentioned can play on the wing. Imagine we buy another winger, where will Oscar, Hazard, Mata, Marin and KDB play? They will be fighting for 1 place on the teamsheet? and by the way, just a correction, in my post above, I meant CM not CAM. :D

I would love to see this line-up after January

Cech

Ivanovic-Ramos-Cahill-Cole

-----------Ramires---Tiote/Fellaini------

Mata---Hazard---Oscar

--------Falcao/Cavani------

Would be an amazing team.

We need a cb, cm/cdm, St, Maybe a cf/Cam. El shaarawy would be amazing for Cf/Cam

Cech

Mata---Hazard---Oscar

We need a cb, cm/cdm, St, Maybe a cf/Cam. El shaarawy would be amazing for Cf/Cam

Ramos - 40mio

Tiote/Fellaini - 20mio

Falcao/Cavani - 50mio

---

Yeah Im sure we will spend 110mio in January...If we get Falcao only we should be extremly happy. Rdm could just decide to play Torres for rest of the year, no new striker and fuck our wishes off. Besides Ramos will sure stay in RM for few years at least.

Cech

Mata---Hazard---Oscar

Ramos - 40mio

Tiote/Fellaini - 20mio

Falcao/Cavani - 50mio

---

Yeah Im sure we will spend 110mio in January...If we get Falcao only we should be extremly happy. Rdm could just decide to play Torres for rest of the year, no new striker and fuck our wishes off. Besides Ramos will sure stay in RM for few years at least.

I think we need a Cb,Cm and 2 center forward that is if we sell torres(which we should).Papadopaulas/okore,benat,falcao/cavani and somebody like Llorente/huntelaar/soldado to back him up.Out of the 4 only falcao or cavani would cost in the excess of 20m.

Ramos - 40mio

Tiote/Fellaini - 20mio

Falcao/Cavani - 50mio

---

didn't say I think we would get them, but I think that would be amazing!!