Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I'm quite pissed off that we didn't get a striker. It looked like 1 was high on Sarris list.

I'm at a loss why we didn't go in big for Icardi.

And all the whingers slagging off Higuaine and Lewa. They know how to score goals.

But its OK. We have Paul McKenna coming in to cure Moratas yips and put some studs in his boots to stop him falling over.

Well we didn't get a striker and some people may be a bit pissed with our window, but just look at Manure and the Spuds and think about what they got during it. Spurs broke into the top 4 and dont strengthen so they aren't going to improve and United?? Well it's Mourinho's third season and that's usually when he has a meltdown and gets the bullet, and after that window it wont be long in coming

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'm quite pissed off that we didn't get a striker. It looked like 1 was high on Sarris list.

I'm at a loss why we didn't go in big for Icardi.

And all the whingers slagging off Higuaine and Lewa. They know how to score goals.

But its OK. We have Paul McKenna coming in to cure Moratas yips and put some studs in his boots to stop him falling over.

I would like a new top striker, but Higauin, icardi or Lewa just arent it.

Icardi is a poacher and other two are in 30s. All three are slow and not dynamic.

Im glad we avoided paying big money for either of them.

Hopefuly there will be dynamic, decently experienced, under 27 years old striker available next summer.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Icardi is a poacher and other two are in 30s. All three are slow and not dynamic.

Hopefuly there will be dynamic, decently experienced, under 27 years old striker available next summer.

While in the meantime we may be goalless!

Sometimes it really is all about 1 result at a time. And if that means papering over the cracks with someone who will only last a good 2 or 3 years then so mote it be.

Tho I'm sure there's amongst us peeps that will easily trot off a list of strikers all within a good price and age range that would give us our much needed goals.

Because right now e have 8 players on the wrong side of 30 that all need upgrading and 6 of those contracts expire next summer

If we look at this season a little differently we have 1/2 a new team this year.

We never had any of CHO,Ampadu,Barkley,Tammy or even Luiz and Emerson really play last season. We dint know IF Bats is off yet (tho I'd rather he stay and we give him some time)

Add them to our 3 new lads (and Rob Green of course) and we have a bunch of new lads.

So me being me I would have us with 6 new 1st team starters

CHO  Ampadu  Emerson  Kovacic  Jorgi  Harry.

Fulham bought whole new 11. Only Cairney and Sessegnon will probably play from last season. Huge blast in chemistry and if they go down even after spending 100m, it wont be a surprise at all. They do have decent coach unlike QPR, Swansea, Stoke,... had.

They bought 2 good GKs after already having Betinelli. Mawson, Marchand, Chambers and Mensah who are all at least on paper good enough to play for Fulham, not counting any CB that played for them last season.

Rico, Anguissa and two CBs were totaly unnecessary.

55 minutes ago, El P. said:

What do you think of Lacazzete? I think he could be very good fit for Sarri, and not too expensive.

I dont like his character tbh, not realy ambitious and determined. 

Good strikers are often a bit of cunts or big characters, like it or not. Its what separates them from others because their confidence is sky high. Lacazette is too nice and eazy going. 

Im tired of these "low confidence when you tell them they suck" type of players. Be a fucking man. 

Sadly there are very very very few strikers out there, too bad we sold Costa.

48 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Good job for us we signed quality players instead of last year. 

Not perfect transfer period for us but good 

although we haven’t champions league so ok 

step by step to improve our squad 

9375CD2A-E504-440F-B898-31CBBED8F50E.jpeg

Roman must have thought twice about the £60mill limit eh!

I know it might sound like I'm a greedy,selfish,spoiled rottenl, plastic cunt but I soooooo wish we had bought a fuckin strike. Just sell Morata and some donkeys and coulda found someone I'm sure! We know Sarri wanted one. I will never understand this club of ours.

But what we did but were shit hot which makes a bloody good change so I;m very thankful for that.

It will be a suck it and see begining till the lads find their feet but we will sort it.

I'm excited.

I might be just excited waiting to see Mou have his meltdown. You know its coming!!!

Just now, BlueLyon said:

I dont like his character tbh, not realy ambitious and determined. 

Good strikers are often a bit of cunts or big characters, like it or not. Its what separates them from others because their confidence is sky high. Lacazette is too nice and eazy going. 

Im tired of these "low confidence when you tell them they suck" type of players. Be a fucking man. 

Sadly there are very very very few strikers out there, too bad we sold Costa.

I agree. I know his qualities, but didn't watch him enough to know about character.

Overall, I'm not only satisfied with our own business but I'm also happy to see that none of our rivals except for Liverpool improved significantly. City added Mahrez but I don't think he makes them any better. Their attack was already unstoppable. United signed only one player that goes straight into their XI. Spuds didn't do a damn thing all summer and they have several players (Dembele, Toby A, Rose) who were essentially forced to stay because Levy was being a greedy bastard. Arsenal, like us, are in rebuild mode but I think we've brought in a higher caliber of player than they have.

If our players settle well and take to Sarri's system I feel good about getting a CL place.

16 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Icardi slow and not dynamic???????? What games have you been watching? He is a machine and deadly efficient. He has super pace too. Far beyond anything we have at atm.

Only one I tare higher would be Kane (as Ronaldo is going to be 34 in 5 and half months and I NEVER play CR7 and/or Messi-on-a-team games). Maybe Antoine Griezmann. Those 3 (Kane, Icardi, Griezmann) are now (or soon will be as Lewandowski hits 30 in 11 days and has but 2 or 3 tops years left max, a 33 year old Lewa is so NOT a 33 yo CR7) miles beyond all other pure strikers.

I dont count Mbappe (who will be best player on planet this year or next 1, 2 max) as a pure striker, although put HIM in that role on our team, puts Alex Sandro at LB, and add Bailey  at RW and we would have great shot at winning not just EPL but CL as well. Those 3 adds would make THAT much of a difference.

Lukaku, Robert Lewandowski (30yo), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (30 in 10 months) , Aguero (30 next entire 2019-20 season), Gabriel Jesus, Edinson Cavani (32 in February), Dries Mertens (32 this season) Suarez (32 in January) Ciro Immobile (29 in a few months) Diego Costa (no comment, lol, other than he will 30 in 6 weeks) are next tier down.

That leaves only remotely good ones left as Martial (who was THE answer if not Icardi and we FUCKED up the swap for Willan), Rashford, Higuain (31 in exactly 4 months) , and maybe maybe Timo Werner (I have not seen him deliver the goods v good competition usually). Andrea Belotti (had a really bad year, IF he rebounds would be a good option)

As you can see, the only ones who are not wrong side of 30 (or soon will be and thus no multi-year contracts from us) are

Kane (will never happen)

Icardi (biggest fuckup of any team in world this window was us not signing him for £98m between July 1and July 15, when he had 2 weeks release clause at that level)

Griezmann (who turns 30 in the season after next)  will never come her unless its as a 30 plus something  one year at end of top level career
Lukaku  LOLOL, thanks board!!

Gabriel Jesus cannot see this happening ever whilst he is under 30

Ciro Immobile (turns 30 in middle of next season) after Icardi and Martial, this was 3rd best option, but time is running out due to his age

Martial  HUGE COCK UP, GRRRR

Rashford  If we cannot get Martial, we surely wont get him, lol

Timo Werner (maybe) IF he has a great year,this is a legit option for next year

Andrea Belotti (IF he rebounds would be a good option, we simply could not take the chance this window on him being another Morata flop)

that's it atm, literally

That's not a lot to choose from (Mbappe is not an option, curse the gods)

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

As you can see, the only ones who are not wrong side of 30 (or soon will be and thus no multi-year contracts from us)

Thats a big problem for us eh

If we cant find a good young striker (or for some fuck knows why answer we haven't tried for 1 eg Icardi/Martial) then I dont mind us getting 30 year old complete ones. Would end up being expensive but you get a mostly successful/proven guy who will give us goals.

The only other option is to bring in goal scoring AMs and use one as a striker also.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Thats a big problem for us eh

If we cant find a good young striker (or for some fuck knows why answer we haven't tried for 1 eg Icardi/Martial) then I dont mind us getting 30 year old complete ones. Would end up being expensive but you get a mostly successful/proven guy who will give us goals.

The only other option is to bring in goal scoring AMs and use one as a striker also.

IF Morata fucks up 

the ONLY  strikers at present I will fucking accept are these (I am DEAD serious)

Mbappe (will never happen BUT he is my number one player on planet (or SOON will be), and billionaires like Roman COULD buy him

Icardi

Dybala

Griezmann

Martial

Maybe Andrea Belotti IF he rebounds for Torino in a huge way or

Timo Werner IF he finally takes it to next level.

Lastly, new name, very intriguing : Giovanni Simeone IF he takes it to 25, 30 goal level this year for Fiorentina. He just turned 23, scored 14 league goals with 9 assists and is the one in Italy I would watch Yes, his daddy is Diego, lol, so he may end up at Atleti

THAT IS IT! Nothing less is acceptably close IF Morata fucks up.All the other under 30yo top strikers (Kane, Lukaku, Gabriel Jesus, Rashford) will never be sold to us in their prime by their current teams.

Ciro Immobile would be 30 in mid season of 2019-20 so we will not sign him to a multi-year contract

Maybe a 30 plus year old on a one year stop-gap contract (Lewandowski, Edinson Cavani, Sergio Agüero (GAG, I hate that cunty fuck) Luis Suárez (another gag)

lets hope Lautaro Martínez goes supernova for Inter, so they would more easily part with Icardi!!

Italian-wise 20yo Patrick Cutrone too with Milan,and his 22yo teammate, who looks like he just may come good finally, (Andre Silva) too, but they are not remotely there atm..

WE STILL could sign Mario Balotelli on a free, even with shut window. He will get snapped up by some club, as he is much more mature and played great for Nice last season.

Side note

Valencia now has FOUR strikers worth over £30m or so

Rodrigo
Michy Batshuayi    
Simone Zaza    
Santi Mina (watch him, only 22 and had 18 goals in all comps last year)   

They must be selling one, as 4 will never get enough total playing time

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Icardi slow and not dynamic???????? What games have you been watching? He is a machine and deadly efficient. He has super pace too. Far beyond anything we have at atm.

Only one I tare higher would be Kane (as Ronaldo is going to be 34 in 5 and half months and I NEVER play CR7 and/or Messi-on-a-team games). Maybe Antoine Griezmann. Those 3 (Kane, Icardi, Griezmann) are now (or soon will be as Lewandowski hits 30 in 11 days and has but 2 or 3 tops years left max, a 33 year old Lewa is so NOT a 33 yo CR7) miles beyond all other pure strikers.

I dont count Mbappe (who will be best player on planet this year or next 1, 2 max) as a pure striker, although put HIM in that role on our team, puts Alex Sandro at LB, and add Bailey  at RW and we would have great shot at winning not just EPL but CL as well. Those 3 adds would make THAT much of a difference.

Lukaku, Robert Lewandowski (30yo), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (30 in 10 months) , Aguero (30 next entire 2019-20 season), Gabriel Jesus, Edinson Cavani (32 in February), Dries Mertens (32 this season) Suarez (32 in January) Ciro Immobile (29 in a few months) Diego Costa (no comment, lol, other than he will 30 in 6 weeks) are next tier down.

That leaves only remotely good ones left as Martial (who was THE answer if not Icardi and we FUCKED up the swap for Willan), Rashford, Higuain (31 in exactly 4 months) , and maybe maybe Timo Werner (I have not seen him deliver the goods v good competition usually). Andrea Belotti (had a really bad year, IF he rebounds would be a good option)

As you can see, the only ones who are not wrong side of 30 (or soon will be and thus no multi-year contracts from us) are

Kane (will never happen)

Icardi (biggest fuckup of any team in world this window was us not signing him for £98m between July 1and July 15, when he had 2 weeks release clause at that level)

Griezmann (who turns 30 in the season after next)  will never come her unless its as a 30 plus something  one year at end of top level career
Lukaku  LOLOL, thanks board!!

Gabriel Jesus cannot see this happening ever whilst he is under 30

Ciro Immobile (turns 30 in middle of next season) after Icardi and Martial, this was 3rd best option, but time is running out due to his age

Martial  HUGE COCK UP, GRRRR

Rashford  If we cannot get Martial, we surely wont get him, lol

Timo Werner (maybe) IF he has a great year,this is a legit option for next year

Andrea Belotti (IF he rebounds would be a good option, we simply could not take the chance this window on him being another Morata flop)

that's it atm, literally

That's not a lot to choose from (Mbappe is not an option, curse the gods)

Tbh out of all players there, I would only pick Mbappe who will never come like you said. 

Decently strong, pace 9000 and lot of skill. Young but already experienced etc. 

Other options are all meh to me. Martial, Icardi seemed most possible but I would give a pass on either. 

Martial is one lazy ass and Icardi simply isnt mobile yes. I saw enough games. He isnt slow, but nowhere near enough dynamic for PL.

He is deadly in penalty area, can move there well, but he doesnt have pace or power of prime Didi, Henry, Suarez, Aguero...that is required for PL. There is a reason why no one bought Icardi yet. He is fantastic finisher, but offers little support in attack, and can not link up on wings or outside penalty area. Basicaly he can finish, but everyone nowdays looks for allround strikers and Icardi isnt one. Last but not least, one of biggest dicks in football. Just not worth the hassle.

Strikers out there are simply not great. Good but not great. Better than what we have but players like Cavani, Higuain, Lewa,...are nothing compared to Henry, Del Piero, Drogba, Ronaldo from some years ago. Only one realy good was Suarez who actualy performed in PL, La Liga, CL and world cups on regular basis. Absolutely fantastic striker, but also huge dick, however his quality is not questionable. Lewa was also good for about two seasons, but apart from buli, he constantly flopped in CL.

Werner just might be something in few years, but he will proly join Bayern.

And I hope you dont rate Lukaku lol. He is again one dimensional and Im glad we sold him. 

Thing is we have shit options and anyone above looks better. But that doesnt mean they are the solution. Why not take a look at lower clubs and try to find another Suarez, Drogba,...instead of poaching overpriced have beens from big clubs.