Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

26 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Vecino looks the most likely.  Kovacic, IMO, would be the best option considering the price (compared to the money thrown about for SMS) and that RM seem to be open to selling, and he seems to be open to moving (but not for Jose), and we have business to work out with Madrid for Courtois.

We have allot of business to work out if we are going by todays effort.

Of course Eden,WBM will make a big difference all depending where Eden plays. MIGHT make a new RW a lower priority with Pedro BU for both but still lacks allot of depth.

With 4 days left its going to either be a right pigs ear or we will bring out a hail Mary.

Whats your money on?

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We have allot of business to work out if we are going by todays effort.

Of course Eden,WBM will make a big difference all depending where Eden plays. MIGHT make a new RW a lower priority with Pedro BU for both but still lacks allot of depth.

With 4 days left its going to either be a right pigs ear or we will bring out a hail Mary.

Whats your money on?

Based on the past couple of years?  Pig's ear, no doubt.

I'm hopeful though.  And even if we don't bring anyone in, I'm hopeful that it's because they want to see what they are working with before jettisoning players or getting the wrong players in. This is what I tell myself.

Marina is doing her best to crush my optimism, it feels.  

Why are u guys so hell bent on Vecino...Sarri wants to suck the hope I have for him away by going for same average serie A players conte did also...Rugani/vecino...

On another side note...saw many Spanish outlets getting us linked with William Jose but Sociedad asking price is driving the deal crazy...so it seems the board knows Morata can't be trusted...

48 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Based on the past couple of years?  Pig's ear, no doubt.

I'm hopeful though.  And even if we don't bring anyone in, I'm hopeful that it's because they want to see what they are working with before jettisoning players or getting the wrong players in. This is what I tell myself.

Marina is doing her best to crush my optimism, it feels.  

You remind me of me on my optimistic heart full of Blue days mate but the board continue to beat living hell into it.

I dont believe for 1 second RIGHT NOW that our luvly board led by the delightfill Granny is just waiting to see whats needed. Which of course is very sensible.

I need you to make me a self help recording I can play in my sleep. Sod it I'll set up a supply and give them out at the games!

14 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Why are u guys so hell bent on Vecino...Sarri wants to suck the hope I have for him away by going for same average serie A players conte did also...Rugani/vecino...

On another side note...saw many Spanish outlets getting us linked with William Jose but Sociedad asking price is driving the deal crazy...so it seems the board knows Morata can't be trusted...

You can have a team full of supposedly bang average players that can be put together to make a winning team tho

Its as much about gelling,attitude,character and commitment as much as individual skills.

5 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

You can have a team full of supposedly bang average players that can be put together to make a winning team tho

Its as much about gelling,attitude,character and commitment as much as individual skills.

Absolutely but the numbers and manners of the average players in our squad is mind blogging so let's stay away from this guy...I will take Ramsey...but any central midfielder not named SMS or Thiago.. Stay away from them like plague...

4 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

any central midfielder not named SMS

Buddy you know that I have his name firmly in my brain and If I had a magic wand instead of boyish good looks and charm he would be with us now.

But sadly I don't and I can't see the gruesome twosome getting their rubles into the country to help us out.

But if that is the case then we have to drop our sites much lower

I do understand the quizical faces pulled about Vecino. I did too when I made the thread, but I'm really HOPING Sarri sees much more in him than we do.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Buddy you know that I have his name firmly in my brain and If I had a magic wand instead of boyish good looks and charm he would be with us now.

But sadly I don't and I can't see the gruesome twosome getting their rubles into the country to help us out.

But if that is the case then we have to drop our sites much lower

I do understand the quizical faces pulled about Vecino. I did too when I made the thread, but I'm really HOPING Sarri sees much more in him than we do.

Not that I have anything against vecino...but due to our poor finishing and the Spanish clown called Morata...we need a goal scoring midfielder....I am putting my trust on Barkley to do that but he is gonna take time and patience with him...so no need for another average midfielder but quality one..

1 hour ago, BluesMadLad said:

At this  point I will happily drive aaron ramsey here my self tbh.

What part of town does he live in? As good old camp Mr Humphries would say - "I'm free! I'm free!"

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

.I am putting my trust on Barkley to do that

Mate I would be more than happy to see Barkley become world class and ftw. And if its our last resort I'll back him till he gives us as many reasons as Morata has not to,

But right now we are up shit street as far as goals are concerned and RIGHT NOW I cant see any of our current CMs giving us any.

So just me thinking out loud we got a couple of options

1. Bring in someone who will. But we know what the crack is and that option seems far away. Our most possible deal would be something to do with Willian/Martial. Keep everything crossed

2. Sarri does some tinkering and we try to swap some players around in different positions.

Eden,Willian,Pedro or Luiz as ACM. Eden would be the best as far as game control but maybe better with more space.

But the other 3 might all be able to do it. They can pass the ball to different strengths and can each defend to different strengths.

Luiz isn't cutting it as CB as his defense isn't up to it, Pedros legs cant take 90mins on the wing and we gotta fo summet with Willian if hes staying.

Sarri will obviously already have his thoughts about Bats and Giroud as striker but his faith and trust in Morata is reminiscent of someone who kept playing Ivanovic week in week out.

Marina time should of been weeks and weeks ago, not tomorrow. The lack of activity is fucking alarming, absolutely frighting we have signed only one player in all these weeks.

We are now days away and if deals are to be done we have no boundary time if they fall through, that's if we are actually looking to buy, that maybe it now 1 player!!

I think it's more difficult than people realise , we have deadwood on our books, some with 4 years left on contracts at 100k p/w. It's not just finding a club willing to pay money for them, that club also has to match their wages or give some more incentive for player such as Bakayoko, Drinkwater etc to want to leave their 4 year contracts here and sign for a smaller club probably on lower wages.

I'm sure if we did have a 30m offer for Drinkwater the club would snatch their hands off, but nobody is going to pay it and when we have the reputation we do, people do not expect to pay for our fringe players they expect to get them on loan on a try before you buy and only have to pay half their wages....

Problem is we all know if we send Bakayoko/Drinkwater on loan they are not going to increase their values and we've just spent 80m for some other club to benefit from them.

Morata just stinks of the Torres saga, even the fee. We have the same problem with him I believe, who is going to want to take a 60million risk, sure, some smaller clubs maybe, even a club like Everton could get together a 50/60m fee now days but Morata is only going to refuse these smaller clubs, we're stuck with him.

3 hours ago, dreamcfc said:

Morata just stinks of the Torres saga, even the fee. We have the same problem with him I believe, who is going to want to take a 60million risk, sure, some smaller clubs maybe, even a club like Everton could get together a 50/60m fee now days but Morata is only going to refuse these smaller clubs, we're stuck with him.

Its been the same thing each time we spend a bit of money on a striker.