Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

11 hours ago, It's too big said:

Fabinho isn't better than what we have, so not sure why the obsession with him. Fekir is still an unknown quantity. The jury is still out. Of course clubs will get stronger, you don't expect Liverpool to stand still and not strengten, do you? Considering they still needed to replace Coutinho and have the money available to do so. 

Fabinho is better than all our DM/CM except Kante.

I don't know if there is any better attacker available than Fekir right now.

Don't forget about Keita. And they signed Van Dijk who proved his qulities already.

All of their 4 signings are great and we would welcome them with open hands.

And with Fekir I don't think they will try to directly replace Coutinho. Right now they need to find GK and second CB.

18 hours ago, It's too big said:

God, anybody would think Liverpool are signing prime Ronaldo or Messi the way people carry on. He's coming to a competitive league now, we shall see how well he does. 

I'm sorry but Fekir is class. Would walk into our side as well. This might sound stupid but if they get a decent GK, CB and maintain their performances from last season they could be a huge threat again next season. 

We need to start making signings at a similar level to the likes of Fekir, Fabinho, Keita. All 3 would walk into our team. 

6 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

Fabinho is better than all our DM/CM except Kante.

I don't know if there is any better attacker available than Fekir right now.

Don't forget about Keita. And they signed Van Dijk who proved his qulities already.

All of their 4 signings are great and we would welcome them with open hands.

And with Fekir I don't think they will try to directly replace Coutinho. Right now they need to find GK and second CB.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

I'm sorry but Fekir is class. Would walk into our side as well. This might sound stupid but if they get a decent GK, CB and maintain their performances from last season they could be a huge threat again next season. 

We need to start making signings at a similar level to the likes of Fekir, Fabinho, Keita. All 3 would walk into our team. 

We keep hearing Liverpool are a threat and only need this player or that player. We shall see next season, but to talk as if they're world beaters because they have signed some decent players is silly. For all we know, they could finish 4th or 5th next season. You can't predict anything. 

18 hours ago, DDA said:

No i don't expect them to stand still but to do strengthen ad quickly as they are and with players like Fabinho and Fekir who I feel are really good players. Of course they are yet to proove it in The Prem but the fact that Liverpool are a well oiled engine helps massively for new players to find their feet. Like Pizy said, they are adding to an already decent team, in return giving them more squad depth. Whatever way you want to look at it, Liverpool are making positive moves.

Means naff all if they don't win anything. How much longer will their fans, the media and Klopp continue to blab on about them being underdogs or paupers in the market? 

21 minutes ago, It's too big said:

We keep hearing Liverpool are a threat and only need this player or that player. We shall see next season, but to talk as if they're world beaters because they have signed some decent players is silly. For all we know, they could finish 4th or 5th next season. You can't predict anything. 

Nobody is saying they are world beaters, they got to a CL final with a pretty thin squad and they've strengthened it with 3 players that most of the other top 4 teams would of liked to have signed, that is the point. They are not standing stilll. They've already improved before a ball has even been kicked. 

Nobody is saying they are world beaters, they got to a CL final with a pretty thin squad and they've strengthened it with 3 players that most of the other top 4 teams would of liked to have signed, that is the point. They are not standing stilll. They've already improved before a ball has even been kicked. 

Their biggest frailty is there defence and that hasn't been addressed. I'll be concerned if they sign Alison & a good CB to partner VVD. 

Matip, Lovren, VVD & Klavan is top 10 quality at best.

40 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Their biggest frailty is there defence and that hasn't been addressed. I'll be concerned if they sign Alison & a good CB to partner VVD. 

Matip, Lovren, VVD & Klavan is top 10 quality at best.

Honestly don't think Karius is a bad goalkeeper, despite that CL moments, hes not the greatest but hes solid enough. He was pretty good at Mainz as well. But yeah another CB, GK and talk of a back up winger (Shaqiri - not the greatest but as a back up for the cash they've mentioned? Decent enough) along with the fact they've got that front 3, a wealth of MF options and Klopp who is a top manager with full backing? They could go a step better this season in the league and challenge for the PL.

Us on the other hand? Not a disastrous summer yet but fuck all happening is usually a bad sign, even wee rumours linking us to good players don't seem to be happening...

Honestly don't think Karius is a bad goalkeeper, despite that CL moments, hes not the greatest but hes solid enough. He was pretty good at Mainz as well. But yeah another CB, GK and talk of a back up winger (Shaqiri - not the greatest but as a back up for the cash they've mentioned? Decent enough) along with the fact they've got that front 3, a wealth of MF options and Klopp who is a top manager with full backing? They could go a step better this season in the league and challenge for the PL.
Us on the other hand? Not a disastrous summer yet but fuck all happening is usually a bad sign, even wee rumours linking us to good players don't seem to be happening...
He's a decent back up but not one that can be relied on throughout the season. Buffon would be a class above at 40.

We just need to sort out managerial situation first and go come there. No idea if we'll end up with Sarri or Avram Grant.

Really is pathetic

12 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Fuck Pool. They could sign as many players as they want and still  will not finished above Mancs next season in PL, and think they will finally run out of luck in CL draw.

My heart feels the same way but my heads a twat and it is scared by the way they are strengthening their weaknesses while we are still trying to strengthen from seasons back.

Gelson Martins & Bruno Fernandes are set to terminate their contract with Sporting - they will be available in a free if so - The players were attacked by fans during a training session, Carvalho looks set to do the same. [@Record_Portugal]