Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Again, I will write something about central midfielder. One may say I am obsessed with CM, but I get that a lot. :D

Ok, we for sure miss creativity. A lot of creativity, and I would say, "game controlling" ability. I haven't seen us really dominating the midfield for significant period of time (for half a season at last), since Lampard-Ballack era. And I don't even mean possession dominating, I mean dominating in a balanced way, like our past team did from 2005-2010.

So I am asking, can some new wing-backs give us that quality? I really really don't think so. Even Sandro or I don't know. Because their quality is mostly running up and down the pitch, providing width and stuff, they won't give us any control.

It would be a lot easier to find midfielder with those qualities than WB. Koke, Saul, Rakitić, Jorginho, just to name a few, who could be available. Dembele from Spurs would be ideal if you ask me, but he is too injury prone.

12 hours ago, El P. said:

Again, I will write something about central midfielder. One may say I am obsessed with CM, but I get that a lot. :D

Ok, we for sure miss creativity. A lot of creativity, and I would say, "game controlling" ability. I haven't seen us really dominating the midfield for significant period of time (for half a season at last), since Lampard-Ballack era. And I don't even mean possession dominating, I mean dominating in a balanced way, like our past team did from 2005-2010.

So I am asking, can some new wing-backs give us that quality? I really really don't think so. Even Sandro or I don't know. Because their quality is mostly running up and down the pitch, providing width and stuff, they won't give us any control.

It would be a lot easier to find midfielder with those qualities than WB. Koke, Saul, Rakitić, Jorginho, just to name a few, who could be available. Dembele from Spurs would be ideal if you ask me, but he is too injury prone.

Dembele is also too old.  We don't buy 29 year olds (emergency Giroud aside).  

The only one from that list that's a possibility is Jorginho.  The 3 in La Liga have 0 chance.

10 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Dembele is also too old.  We don't buy 29 year olds (emergency Giroud aside).  

The only one from that list that's a possibility is Jorginho.  The 3 in La Liga have 0 chance.

Ok, Julian Weigl is also a good option. Point is - there ARE suitable players out there for that position. And Dembele is too old, I agree.

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

Matteo Kovacic is all I want for that position 

I think he has never played in 2-man midfield, I don't know if he would be suitable for that role in Conte's (or some other coach's) eyes. But I would like him for sure, he is great talent.

Also, let's not forget Milinković-Savić, also a very good young player.

Sell Drinkwater (or loan him), buy Weigl/Jorginho/Savić/Kovačić, and 35-40% of our problems are gone.

56 minutes ago, El P. said:

I think he has never played in 2-man midfield, I don't know if he would be suitable for that role in Conte's (or some other coach's) eyes. But I would like him for sure, he is great talent.

Also, let's not forget Milinković-Savić, also a very good young player.

Sell Drinkwater (or loan him), buy Weigl/Jorginho/Savić/Kovačić, and 35-40% of our problems are gone.

I m dead sure Conte will not be the man in charge next season and the Two likely candidates (Enrique/Jardim) don't fancy 2 man midfield...yes he is absolutely well suited to 3man midfield... Either of those names u put up there are absolutely spot on... Another guy I would welcome with open arms is Arthur Melo but he seems Barça bound.... 

5 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

I m dead sure Conte will not be the man in charge next season and the Two likely candidates (Enrique/Jardim) don't fancy 2 man midfield...yes he is absolutely well suited to 3man midfield... Either of those names u put up there are absolutely spot on... Another guy I would welcome with open arms is Arthur Melo but he seems Barça bound.... 

Ndombele and Rabiot two more names to the list. NDombele is exciting in particular. 

53 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Ndombele and Rabiot two more names to the list. NDombele is exciting in particular. 

PSG will not entertain any bid for rabbit no matter how outrageous it is... I haven't seen much of ndombele but the few times have seen him play...he seems like everything we want in bakayoko and more technically adept than bakayoko... 

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

PSG will not entertain any bid for rabbit no matter how outrageous it is... I haven't seen much of ndombele but the few times have seen him play...he seems like everything we want in bakayoko and more technically adept than bakayoko... 

Statistically he's one of the best dribblers in Europe, has a strong, accurate shot from range, passing is strong, has shown he can work in a midfield two with his defensive work. He's only had his breakthrough season this season and has just happened to kinda stay off the main pages but would fully expect him to be well known by 2019 summer and linked to all the biggest clubs for €150m. Milinkovic Slavic had a similar rise to where he is now, and Tolisso, players you can tell are just good players and will fit into a top club (unlike Bakayoko where watching him for Monaco had doubts).

8 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

Jardim has been playing the 4-2-3-1 system this season I think weigl would great alongside Jorginho Would be nice option aswell 😃😃

13 hours ago, the wes said:

There's alot of talk martial leaving utd under an attacking mind he turn to be a good signing 

Him and Odoi strike me as similar types of players. Hopefully Odoi can continue to improve so getting Martial won't be necessary. 

Should definitely target United young strikers who rarely play. Jose is vulnerable in that regard as we know too well.

lukaku always plays which limits playing time for others. Both rashford and Marcial have much higher ceiling than lukaku.

btw completely agree regarding the CM area. Both the Most important position and our weakness.