Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

After some research, the owner of this china club is the same guy who owned part of shares at Atletico (Wanda group).

What makes it even funnier is they sold him for just 30m! He is easily easily worth at least 50 in today market. 

Nothing suspicious here, just some oldfashioned money laundring. 

That low fee would also suggest that the wages are astronomical (I don't actually know).

As the selling club, it's easy to take a hit on the "transfer fee" if you're just selling it to yourself.

He needs to be in contention for manager of the season. 13 games unbeaten; 6 clean sheets in their last 6 games (including 210+ minutes vs. the highest scoring team in the league over 2 legs). Undisputed best manager of the season if they win the cup vs. Juventus & secure a CL spot, the latter which mostly requires beating a streaky but fitter Inter in a few days. 
Most of the season was very depressing for AC Milan fans. It's good for them to have big games now that actually mean something, vs. Juventus, Inter & Arsenal.

And, if Milan can keep Romagnoli/Bonucci/Calabria next season, they retain what's currently and surely still to be the best defence in the league.
Remembering, that the team with the least goals conceded has won Serie A 99 times out of 100.

Excuse me? Don't talk out of your arse; and learn some expressions like '99 times out of 100'. Honestly. It barely takes a second to find a top Serie A manager alluding to the fact himself  - https://www.football-italia.net/89146/allegri-‘best-defence-wins-scudetto’

In the past 15 years, how many seasons did the league winners not have the fewest amount of conceded goals? - 1 season. And it was by a single goal.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Is this true?

Contrary to LAM's reply, yeah. It's always talked about throughout Serie A circles since it consistently happens, that the tightest defence wins the title.

It probably takes effort to look up*, but if anyone did, they'd see that time, and time, and time, and time, and time again, in a row, the Serie A league winners have the fewest goals conceded; it takes an absolute freak of nature to create an exception to the rule. *(Just checked - 14 seasons out of the last 15, the rule I posted applies.)

Although it's a lazy name, Serie A hasn't been branded 'the defensive league' for decades for no reason.:lol:

Excuse me? Don't talk out of your arse; and learn some expressions like '99 times out of 100'. Honestly. It barely takes a second to find a top Serie A manager alluding to the fact himself  - https://www.football-italia.net/89146/allegri-‘best-defence-wins-scudetto’
In the past 15 years, how many seasons did the league winners not have the fewest amount of conceded goals? - 1 season. And it was by a single goal.
I go by stats. 99 out of 100 is the odd exception, not 3 times in the last 17 years. Quote me in future, if your going to throw an insult or two around.

[emoji3]

Contrary to LAM's reply, yeah. It's always talked about throughout Serie A circles since it consistently happens, that the tightest defence wins the title.
It probably takes effort to look up*, but if anyone did, they'd see that time, and time, and time, and time, and time again, in a row, the Serie A league winners have the fewest goals conceded; it takes an absolute freak of nature to create an exception to the rule. *(Just checked - 14 seasons out of the last 15, the rule I posted applies.)
Although it's a lazy name, Serie A hasn't been branded 'the defensive league' for decades for no reason.[emoji38]

I meant if it's factually 99/100 or you were using the expression. I guess it was an expression but it makes it no less intriguing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, manpe said:

I meant if it's factually 99/100 or you were using the expression. I guess it was an expression but it makes it no less intriguing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

:philjonesOh. :lol: I'll look up the whole 99/100 thing; find how many Serie A seasons there have been, and how many of those seasons were won by the best defence in the league. TalkChelsea members live the most fascinating lives.

In case Courtois and/or Hazard go to Real in the summer, we should make sure that Kovacic is one of the players we are getting in return. There aren't many young midfielders like him in world football at the moment. Technical ability, speed, passing, defensive contribution, he's got it all.

49 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

In case Courtois and/or Hazard go to Real in the summer, we should make sure that Kovacic is one of the players we are getting in return. There aren't many young midfielders like him in world football at the moment. Technical ability, speed, passing, defensive contribution, he's got it all.

I want Isco, but that is not going to happen. 

On 3/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, Leif said:

He needs to be in contention for manager of the season. 13 games unbeaten; 6 clean sheets in their last 6 games (including 210+ minutes vs. the highest scoring team in the league over 2 legs). Undisputed best manager of the season if they win the cup vs. Juventus & secure a CL spot, the latter which mostly requires beating a streaky but fitter Inter in a few days. 
Most of the season was very depressing for AC Milan fans. It's good for them to have big games now that actually mean something, vs. Juventus, Inter & Arsenal.

Haha, do you listen to The Calcio Land podcast?

35 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Liverpool are close to signing Lemar, what a signing that would be, hes absolute quality. With 3-4 signings they are going to be some force.

I'd already say they are a force. If they could keep clean sheets they'd be title contenders no doubt, because their attack for me, is arguably equal to City's. Throw in Naby Keita, who is an amazing footballer and Thomas Lemar?  

49 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Liverpool are doing better business then us. 

Even spurs have a better starting 11 than us only courtios Dave Hazard and Kante would walk on the spurs starting 11 we need a huge clearout in the summer 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Even spurs have a better starting 11 than us only courtios Dave Hazard and Kante would walk on the spurs starting 11 we need a huge clearout in the summer 

The club had the chance this summer and did not do it. 

What makes you think we will do it this summer? 

No CL, club penny pinch, can't get targets. 

Your having a laugh if you think we will have a clear out.