Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

On 11/4/2017 at 3:39 PM, Jason said:

We need to sign Christian Pulisic. Has pace, trickery, directness, eye for goal and the potential to be one of the best.

I second this notion.

Pulisic makes too much sense for Chelsea. I really hope we make a move for him in the summer, and ship out Willian. 

Pulisic has something lucky going for him - and that really is being American. Their athletes, no matter the sport, have a different drive and mentality. And you know, he could genuinely become the best American footballer there's ever been, that's some damn motivation. I haven't seen a game of his, just Youtube highlights, but if i could go to his WhoScored page and add to his 'Strengths' i'd add 'Balls of steel'. Reminds me of Hazard from these few videos.

Just seen he's 19. Fucking hell :cig:It's not like these videos are just showing glimpses of greatness. He looks absolutely all-rounded.

Anybody mind the addition of Lucas Moura...is he gonna flourish in our 343 formation ala Willian/Pedro position...though Fekir is my top priority for that position ..just saw rumours linking him to us cos PSG wanna offload some players due to Neymar transfer...

I'm sure many people think this guy is too good to be a bench player, that he should be starting week in and week out...but the best teams in history had benches which would've made the XI of all other teams on the globe (Barcelona, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Man United). That's to say, this is who I believe should be our new Pedro. Our super-sub, who sometimes starts games & ends up influential despite not being playing every week. 

This isn't any scouting effort of course, most of us have heard of him this season I hope. Very fun to watch since he's so direct and effective.

Don't lose sight of the fact though that he's only on loan there - he's a PSG player - and PSG will never sell to other rich clubs for cheap no doubt. But, would they ever want to integrate him?

Chelsea to retain same January transfer approach in spite of Michael Emenalo's departure

That means the Blues will continue with their efforts to try to sign a target man striker and will try again to sign Ross Barkley, even though he turned them down in the summer and Tottenham Hotspur regard themselves as favourites to land the midfielder.

A new offer for Alex Sandro is more likely to be made next summer, with Juventus unlikely to sell the left-back in January and sources at Stamford Bridge pointing out that Chelsea rarely do big business mid-season.

Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke, who is liked by Conte and is close friends with Eden Hazard, is one potential target and the Blues have also scouted Red Star Belgrade’s Richmond Boakye.

Conte is yet to be convinced that Michy Batshuayi is the right man to lead his attack when Morata is out and the Belgian could be made available for loan if Chelsea secure a new striker.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/08/chelsea-retain-january-transfer-approach-spite-michael-emenalos/

Im glad Fekir is doing great again. I always thought he was the best product by ligue 1 after Eden. But that injury almost destroyed him, so happy he is fit again.

Aouar though is on path to become best lyon product ever if he stays fit. I havent seen such technical allround skill from young player in ages. His vision, passing and ball control is superb.

On 7. 11. 2017 at 11:31 PM, Leif said:

Pulisic has something lucky going for him - and that really is being American. Their athletes, no matter the sport, have a different drive and mentality. And you know, he could genuinely become the best American footballer there's ever been, that's some damn motivation. I haven't seen a game of his, just Youtube highlights, but if i could go to his WhoScored page and add to his 'Strengths' i'd add 'Balls of steel'. Reminds me of Hazard from these few videos.

Just seen he's 19. Fucking hell :cig:It's not like these videos are just showing glimpses of greatness. He looks absolutely all-rounded.

Just a recommendation, never watch youtube videos like best skills and goals etc of xx player. If possible find videos for individual game(s) with all touches by that player. It gives much more balanced picture of the player, shows his mistakes, his runs, his marking, tracking back, and most importantly shows entire attacking/defensive action and not just 5 sec dribble or tackle by x player but cuts to next scene without showing how the previous action ended (for example excellent dribble is shown, but not wrong pass or lost ball after that). Unfortunely there arent such videos for every player.

Pulisic is amazing though :)

Barkley and Benteke? Benteke maybe a good option but will cost 30m+ easy and isn’t fit or hasn’t been great for Palace either.

For me, Barkley even on a free is not worth taking. Sure he’s English but he’s played as a 10, 8 and even RW at Everton last few seasons and has never looked settled or particularly good at anything. He’s got a big frame but his decision making is truely awful, dribbles when he should pass, passes when he should dribble, let Spurs have him, he won’t start ahead of anything they’ve got either. Even if his decision making was better he’s still a poor quality of player.

How do you sign Herrera for 30m and then just let him leave on a free? (To Atletico)

Hilarious.

On the Atletico side of things; not a great signing. An average player, really, no better than squad players they already have. Just younger than some of them. I suppose it's not a bad signing, but it doesn't elevate them whatsoever. All of their attention, every last drop of it should be focused solely on full backs.

I WANT DYBALA HERE SO MUCH. I WAKE UP ON RANDOM DAYS, THE BIRDS SINGING, THE SUN SHINING, AND ALL I THINK ABOUT IS RIPPING MY T SHIRT TO SHREDS LIKE HULK HOGAN, & SCREECHING A KING KONG-DECIBEL CALL TO DYBALA THAT HERE HE WOULD BE MOST LOVED. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AND NOW MY SUNSHINE IS FADING

It's amazing how the once highly desirable trio of Hulk - Falcao - James Rodriguez have all proven to be completely overestimated. Seeing Falcao scoring so many in France again this season is a bittersweet reality for him.

Now unrelated to them, it's hilarious Liverpool sold Luis Alberto for something like £3m, and now he's a £30m player. Won't hear a peep from the media about it though.

On 07/11/2017 at 10:31 PM, Leif said:

"Their athletes, no matter the sport, have a different drive and mentality."

I wondered why The American football team has won soo many World Cups. They didnt even qualofy for 50 odd years. 😂

On 19/11/2017 at 3:43 PM, Leif said:

We'd be so dumb to not sign Robben. Give us our romance back. Go for old goldies; genuinely believe we'd blow every team away with him playing for us, even out of position in our 5-3-2.

there's some good players on that list I doubt Barcelona will let messi go tho