Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I am thinking Drinkwater, Llorente and a surprise for RWB position [emoji14] 

Llorente had originally slipped my mind, but there's now talk Tottenham want him. I can't think of any notable RWB's that could join us now with Aurier being the last possible until he joined Spurs (should reports be believed).

Edit - We're linked with Sagna. Desperate times indeed

If Morata is as good as Costa and if Bakayoko is a new Essien, then the transfer window was a success.
Otherwise we will struggle for a place.
UTD put in a lot of money. They don't seem to care if someone overcharges them or if a signing of theirs proves to be a failure.

Zappacosta, 25 years old for 25m is fine. But think we could do it better with CM target for the same amount, probably for a better or younger one. If we want to sign someone in for backup position, on loan signing will do too, we save 35m money for January or maybe next year. English player overpriced is true though.

Its very sad that the club are slowly trying to condition a lot of you that signing the likes of Danny Drinkwater is a good thing.

You're embracing mediocrity and just shrugging your shoulders and saying "oh well." and coming up with a bunch of reasons to justify it when you know deep down it isn't the type of signing we as a club should be making if we wanting to be fighting on all fronts and competing for trophies.

This was an awful window in hindsight.

1 minute ago, Dingus said:

Its very sad that the club are slowly trying to condition a lot of you that signing the likes of Danny Drinkwater is a good thing.

You're embracing mediocrity and just shrugging your shoulders and saying "oh well." and coming up with a bunch of reasons to justify it when you know deep down it isn't the type of signing we as a club should be making if we wanting to be fighting on all fronts and competing for trophies.

Let's surrender at the mercy of Europe and pay 90m for a foreign name with every transfer. Fuck developing Musonda. Who cares about Christensen. Leave Boga on loan for good. RLC will never cut it here. Abraham just isn't Chelsea quality. We need to take a leaf out of City's book...they just keep on winning trophies and dominating English football.

5 minutes ago, Dingus said:

We have Kante, Bakayoko and Cesc, who are all capable starters given the team. Drinkwater secures things in the middle if we do get any injuries. Who did you want there? A world class signing? Then Bakayoko and Cesc get upset as their game time goes down and we are left in a situation where we are selling again.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

I honestly think it just clever business. I know it's quickly becoming cliche but our business model is a proven success. I'm sure you are aware of our recent achievements. Whilst the likes of City spend ridiculous amounts and fall very short of what we have achieved. It's not like we don't spend either. The majority of this forum act as if we have spend fuck all in this window in a market that is chaotic and in my opinion out of control.

I agree, but my concers are about the players who are refusing us, not the clubs.

I dont think it was a bad window in the end, but it was still performed in a embarassing fashion. 

Personally, these were the big issues we needed to adress going into summer:

We did adress most of them. Zappacosta is apparently a good crosser, and he does provide depth as a WB. The problem is that now we have Azpilicueta, Moses, Zappacosta and Rudiger who can all somewhat play a role as RWB, but only Alonso as LWB. Poor balance in other words.
Bakayoko is more dynamic than Matic, and together with Drinkwater we have some good depth. 
Morata gives us a different striker profile, and while Llorente would have been good to have at least we are not strictly worse off in the striker position. 

We also enter the new season with one more senior player than before in the squad. So again, not a terrible transfer window.

Having said that, it was still an absolute embarassment. The clubs haggling had us lose out on Danilo, Llorente, Lukaku and we were also rejected after having a bid accepted by Barkley and Oxlade-Chamberlain. Furthermore, we sold a key player to Man Utd, a rival that may now challenge us for the league. This should never, ever happen to a club on our level. It makes us look like absolute amateurs. 

I mean fuck, going into the FA Cup final the summer looked so good. We already had a very strong team, and just needed a top up. Instead we went on a selling and loan spree, while haggling for every single million with every team out there. Do we come out stronger? Only slightly. 
Something must be behind this. Is it that we had to buy out the Adidas deal? Is it the new stadium? Other clubs spent far more than us having sold a fraction of the players. It doesnt add up. Perhaps we need to adjust our expectations on the transfer seasons from now on.

30 minutes ago, Rekin said:

I dont think it was a bad window in the end, but it was still performed in a embarassing fashion. 

Spot on.

If you think about it, we covered our flaws just as good as United have, yet their image after this window is way better, because they didn't run after 50 targets. They got exactly what they needed and they did that early.

31 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

I agree, but my concers are about the players who are refusing us, not the clubs.

Who actually refused us?

Ox was a Liverpool fan growing up, even said he wanted to be the next Gerrard after Arsenal's fa cup victory.  

Lukaku went to United because he wanted to play with his best mate and they offered more money to Everton anyway.

Barkley is the only one who actually rejected us for no apparent reason.