Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Adding Ox and Roberto would be massive for us, I think.  I believe that our "4th" midfielder will play a lot this season.  Having another box to box mid will allow us to not have to play Bakayoko and Kante 3 times in a week (when CL rolls around).

16 hours ago, mccg said:

Think they do if you read the article-“Chelsea need more cover. Chelsea are two or three players light. They need at least three big-name players,” Nevin told Irish radio station Newstalk.“It’s just about getting it right. If they got Van Dijk and a central midfielder, they’d look alright.” opinion on wc?

Exactly. Those words do not support the headline. Nothing there talks about Pat tipping that we'll sign any players. He's just giving an opinion about what we need.

12 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

I saw this,Bartomeu is destroying what Cruyff and Laporte have builded. 

This is what Cruyff said on July 2014:

DGHllQqVYAA6sfQ.thumb.jpg.3a5dcdc5ca72101ef26e5f80beb81f67.jpg

It's getting worse and worse. It's really sad to see this.

A nonsense statement by Cruyff, surely?

Are there two better team players, players whose  passing is excellent, whose contribution makes their teammates more effective and improves their team? Everybody in their right mind would wonder what qualifies me to question Johan Cruyff's opinion on football, but can anyone really question that, on this subject at least, my description of what those two bring is without doubt more accurate than the late great Johan's?

48 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

A nonsense statement by Cruyff, surely?

Are there two better team players, players whose  passing is excellent, whose contribution makes their teammates more effective and improves their team? Everybody in their right mind would wonder what qualifies me to question Johan Cruyff's opinion on football, but can anyone really question that, on this subject at least, my description of what those two bring is without doubt more accurate than the late great Johan's?

Kinda get what he said though. Under Guardiola Barcelona was more of a machine. They pulled together, everyone in that team had a specific role (apart from Messi) to suit the system and the team. 

With Neymar, Suarez and Messi there's more of an emphasis on individual brilliance  and less on team effort. Messi being pushed out wide to make room for Suarez changed the dynamic of the team because Messi does very little defensively and doesn't stay wide.

Neymar the same. That  puts more pressure on Barca's defense and midfield. 

58 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Kinda get what he said though. Under Guardiola Barcelona was more of a machine. They pulled together, everyone in that team had a specific role (apart from Messi) to suit the system and the team. 

With Neymar, Suarez and Messi there's more of an emphasis on individual brilliance  and less on team effort. Messi being pushed out wide to make room for Suarez changed the dynamic of the team because Messi does very little defensively and doesn't stay wide.

Neymar the same. That  puts more pressure on Barca's defense and midfield. 

Completely agree with what you said, but still MSN is probably best attack in history of football. 

They were unplayable in their first season when barca won CL. 

Tbh this window can still turn out to be very good very easily. We just need only at least 2 more class signings to go from disaster to success and declare our squad genuinely upgraded, and we have plenty of time to do what's required. Squad management to this point has been questionable, yes, but by judging solely the transfer period and nothing else we are alright. Still time left, don't lose hope, we are Chelsea after all nothing is ever obvious. I can see twists coming to this tale and us being much more pleased with state of things next month.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Tbh this window can still turn out to be very good very easily. We just need only at least 2 more class signings to go from disaster to success and declare our squad genuinely upgraded, and we have plenty of time to do what's required. Squad management to this point has been questionable, yes, but by judging solely the transfer period and nothing else we are alright. Still time left, don't lose hope, we are Chelsea after all nothing is ever obvious. I can see twists coming to this tale and us being much more pleased with state of things next month.

Regardless of situation, I expect chelsea to sign at least midfielder and wingback. Be it on last day, there is absolutely no way we wont sign at least two new players. I could bet a house on that.

The question is who. And then we will see if it was successful window or not. 

Problem is, we had whole summer knowing we need two quality wingbacks. And if two quality wingbacks wont be here come 1st september, I think we can safely say we didnt solve the issues we knew for quite a while.

In short we needed midfielder, two wingbacks and squad fillers.

Next summer quality RW and CB. 

At least that was what you would expect after watching past season. 

Christensen should get chance before forking millions for new CB, hence why we should get one next summer if necessary. Pedro on other hand performed well enough to start another season. Unless there was some exceptional RW available for us, but there wasnt one.

However midfielder and two wingbacks were absolute must. And striker knowing Costa situation. We did adress striker issue and bought Baka aswell, but sold Matic, leaving us short. Then we needed two wingbacks, because it was clear as day this season, also playing in europe, we will need backup there and probably more quality. It would make perfect sense to get two top wingbacks, but so far nothing.

To me, this window will be successful if we get these two quality wingbacks and backup midfielder. Anything else will only prolong our problems till next summer, hence poor management of the situation. 

On another note, I expect us to remain competitive with manchesters, and big chance the results will say otherwise, so far we have gone behind real quick in just two months. Either buying wise or spending millions, we have to remain near top. 

If we are to buy 3 players

I would go for

sergi roberto (covers cdm and rb slot)

Bellotti (once costa is sold)

Mahrez (Upgrade to willian n pedro)

Lb we can keep baba rahman as understudy of alonso (Alonso has been a beast)

Cb we have luiz, azpi, cahill, rudiger and christeansen

We can play 4222

Courtois

Sergi roberto-luiz-Azpi-alonso

Bakayoko-kante

Mahrez-hazard

Bellotti-morata

Sound a bit fifaish

But there will be no messing about with dis team

Full backs still bomb forward and when they do we can have both cdms come back in defence

13 Players sold/released (not including costa) 4 players brought in. 25 players loaned out. we cant even field a full team at the moment. If its not a busy next 2 weeks we are in some serious trouble for the season and Conte is as good as gone next summer. Sorry to be a downer.