Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

BREAKING NEWS

We understand West Ham are interested in signing William Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon. 

The midfielder wants to move to the Premier League and has a £40m release clause in his contract, which has three years left to run.

Carvalho has been linked in the past with Arsenal and Manchester United.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Dembele has gone awol from Dortmund apparently and is sitting in a French airport ready to go to Barcelona.

Absolutely ridiculous and disrespectful. I was so excited for this kid, and now I can only see him as a self-entitled prat. 

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Dembele has gone awol from Dortmund apparently and is sitting in a French airport ready to go to Barcelona.

Zorc has said he's been found in Dortmund and that it was a calculated move by him. They've suspended him until Monday. He'll miss a cup game, but I don't know if he would have played much in the match anyway. 

Looks like we are still nowhere near signing anybody else ...Danny Drinkwater favorite at
Chelsea 8/11

Antonio Candreva Loan deals do count

Chelsea 5/2

Sergi Roberto Loan deals do count

Man Utd 4/1
Chelsea 9/2

Serge Aurier Loan deals do count

Manchester Utd 4/9
Inter Milan 4/1
Chelsea 9/2

Ryan Bertrand Loan deals do count
Chelsea 11/4
Manchester City 4/1

Renato Sanches Loan deals do count
AC Milan 100/30
Chelsea 5/1

Alex Sandro Loan deals do count

Chelsea 9/2

Ross Barkley Loan deals do count
Tottenham 11/10
Chelsea 4/1

Virgil Van Dijk Loan deals do count
Liverpool 8/15
Chelsea 7/2

Danny Rose Loan deals do count
Manchester Utd 3/1
Chelsea 11/2

1 hour ago, mccg said:

Looks like we are still nowhere near signing anybody else ...Danny Drinkwater favorite at
Chelsea 8/11

Antonio Candreva Loan deals do count

Chelsea 5/2

Sergi Roberto Loan deals do count

Man Utd 4/1
Chelsea 9/2

Serge Aurier Loan deals do count

Manchester Utd 4/9
Inter Milan 4/1
Chelsea 9/2

Ryan Bertrand Loan deals do count
Chelsea 11/4
Manchester City 4/1

Renato Sanches Loan deals do count
AC Milan 100/30
Chelsea 5/1

Alex Sandro Loan deals do count

Chelsea 9/2

Ross Barkley Loan deals do count
Tottenham 11/10
Chelsea 4/1

Virgil Van Dijk Loan deals do count
Liverpool 8/15
Chelsea 7/2

Danny Rose Loan deals do count
Manchester Utd 3/1
Chelsea 11/2

You forgot the ox, but yeah you are right, we are odds on favourite or second favourite for many players but the odds are still long so we are probably not even near completion in any case. I hate it when you have no insight whatsoever but still feel the need that we need to bring in at least 3 players asap. 

Although I hate everything about Liverpool and would like to see Coutinho go as it would weaken them a lot, I am glad that Barcelona are starting to finally have a taste of their own medicine. Hope Dortmund take the same approach with Dembele and make it hard for Barcelona. There is tons of money on the table now, clubs should be in the driving seat when negociating a deal with Barcelona. If they don't want to pay the amount asked then tell them to fuck right off.

Barcelona and the disgusting Catalan media tried to unsettle Verratti earlier this summer thinking this would work forever. Glad the Arabs at PSG got mad and prised one of their best players away. Of course this has ruined the transfer market completely, but if it means big clubs won't be bullied from now on into selling their best players to the Spanish league then I am all for it.

Wenger is a deluded geezer but I completely agree with him on the future of transfer deals - If crazy amounts like this will be a "normality" from now on, then yes, in 6-7 years I can see players coming to a club on three-year deals tops, then leave on a free at the end of it. 

Look at Sanchez - A player like him in the last year of contract would have gone for 30M a few years ago. Now he's being kept at Arsenal against his will and even if an offer would be on the table, I think with the crazy money being thrown these days, Arsenal would only consider something in the region of 60-65M. 

So why would players commit themselves to long terms contracts in the future? Short term contracts would put them in the driving seat to negociate big contracts for themselves as they are free agents and they don't have to worry about their preferred clubs they want to join being put off by the asking price either. 

It's going to be easier for young talents in their early 20s that want to join the likes of Chelsea, PSG, Bayern, Madrid at some point - they know they are on three-year deal only, after that they can choose whatever club they want w/o thinking of price tags and other shite going around, such as current clubs they play for keeping them against their will because they don't want to sell to this club or that club.

Investing big in the Academy and giving the local Chelsea through and through kids raised from since they were 7-8 years old is the way forward. This would of course help you big time saving money with all the crazy amounts going around and at least you would not have to think about them wanting to leave at the very first offer as they finally get to play for the club they've supported since kids. Of course some might want to go elsewhere at some point, but not all, unlike all the Brazilians, South Americans etc etc that only dream about Madrid and Barcelona.

20 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Although I hate everything about Liverpool and would like to see Coutinho go as it would weaken them a lot, I am glad that Barcelona are starting to finally have a taste of their own medicine. Hope Dortmund take the same approach with Dembele and make it hard for Barcelona. There is tons of money on the table now, clubs should be in the driving seat when negociating a deal with Barcelona. If they don't want to pay the amount asked then tell them to fuck right off.

Barcelona and the disgusting Catalan media tried to unsettle Verratti earlier this summer thinking this would work forever. Glad the Arabs at PSG got mad and prised one of their best players away. Of course this has ruined the transfer market completely, but if it means big clubs won't be bullied from now on into selling their best players to the Spanish league then I am all for it.

Wenger is a deluded geezer but I completely agree with him on the future of transfer deals - If crazy amounts like this will be a "normality" from now on, then yes, in 6-7 years I can see players coming to a club on three-year deals tops, then leave on a free at the end of it. 

Look at Sanchez - A player like him in the last year of contract would have gone for 30M a few years ago. Now he's being kept at Arsenal against his will and even if an offer would be on the table, I think with the crazy money being thrown these days, Arsenal would only consider something in the region of 60-65M. 

So why would players commit themselves to long terms contracts in the future? Short term contracts would put them in the driving seat to negociate big contracts for themselves as they are free agents and they don't have to worry about their preferred clubs they want to join being put off by the asking price either. 

It's going to be easier for young talents in their early 20s that want to join the likes of Chelsea, PSG, Bayern, Madrid at some point - they know they are on three-year deal only, after that they can choose whatever club they want w/o thinking of price tags and other shite going around, such as current clubs they play for keeping them against their will because they don't want to sell to this club or that club.

Investing big in the Academy and giving the local Chelsea through and through kids raised from since they were 7-8 years old is the way forward. This would of course help you big time saving money with all the crazy amounts going around and at least you would not have to think about them wanting to leave at the very first offer as they finally get to play for the club they've supported since kids. Of course some might want to go elsewhere at some point, but not all, unlike all the Brazilians, South Americans etc etc that only dream about Madrid and Barcelona.

You can't just rely on the kids coming through. Time to face facts English players just ain't good enough atm, are national team is a joke.

2 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

You can't just rely on the kids coming through. Time to face facts English players just ain't good enough atm, are national team is a joke.

Not an entire starting 11 full of local lads of course but surely there must be talented players in the Academy that you can count on and nurture them into top players with the right management and patience.