Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 hour ago, RoyalBlues said:

Yes, there is a whole month left, but the season start very soon. New signing need to gel, understand Conte philosophy, etc. Stupid to do a couple deadline day signings.

The problems with a thin squad comes from wear and tear along the season, we can easily survive late signings. The single most important thing is that we get the players, them coming early is a bonus. We do have a very capable starting eleven as it is, if the remaining signings are width, then the rush goes away a little bit. 

I mean, right now the intended season-wide starting eleven is this (I assume):

Morata

Hazard                                  Pedro

Bakayoko   Kante
Alonso                                  Moses

Cahill  Luiz  Cesar

Courtois

Bakayoko and Hazard should be fit somewhat soon. If we get say Telles, Ox and Barkley then we can survive the first month or so before we need to throw them in a starting eleven potentially.

10 minutes ago, Rekin said:

The problems with a thin squad comes from wear and tear along the season, we can easily survive late signings. The single most important thing is that we get the players, them coming early is a bonus. We do have a very capable starting eleven as it is, if the remaining signings are width, then the rush goes away a little bit. 

I mean, right now the intended season-wide starting eleven is this (I assume):

Morata

Hazard                                  Pedro

Bakayoko   Kante
Alonso                                  Moses

Cahill  Luiz  Cesar

Courtois

Bakayoko and Hazard should be fit somewhat soon. If we get say Telles, Ox and Barkley then we can survive the first month or so before we need to throw them in a starting eleven potentially.

Don't know why you have to wait until deadline day, when you have the money now. The de facto answer will be, we need to make some empty spaces first before buying, which we ultimately have did it. If the purpose of pushing the move, we can do it now either without problem. Sooner the better.

4 minutes ago, lucashm said:

Dude, It was that idiot Carefreedaily that posted It on his timeline as banter, its not real

I've seen that on some chelsea twitter accounts so far reliable but I see now they did probably copy paste and then deleted. Hope it's not true anyway.

7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Things are getting that bad now names like Wishere, Candreva and Baba Rahman are being mentioned more and more.

How about Drinkwater lol

1 hour ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

Ffs. Drinkwater, Barkly, ox and candreva... Can it get more underwhelming.

Ox would be a great addition to the squad. Candreva doesn't look too bad and Barkley is not bad on his day but Drinkwater ffs.

2 hours ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

Ffs. Drinkwater, Barkly, ox and candreva... Can it get more underwhelming.

It honestly can't. 

Although I'd take Ox, i agree, that only Chelsea are allergic to having big names on the bench.

But Bayern, City, and Madrid have no problem placing 6 or 7 Starting XI calibure players on the bench. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Ox would be a great addition to the squad. Candreva doesn't look too bad and Barkley is not bad on his day but Drinkwater ffs.

Yep agree about Ox. Idk about candreva anymore, he seems to old to play wingback and not better than what we have at RW.

On 7/28/2017 at 11:56 PM, manpe said:

Of course we are not. Whoever claims to believe otherwise is just purposefully being negative in an attempt to cleverly criticize the board. I am willing to bet with anybody who thinks we won't be making any more signings, just need to find an online betting platform and agree the price. @communicate what do you think, if I find a place where we can conveniently bet, would you be willing to throw in a symbolic amount like 10€ or so?

The fact that we have just sold Matic for 40 m, I think we will make signing simply because now we have excess cash to spend