Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

56 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

Antonio Conte is targeting four more signings as #Chelsea prepare to back their manager with a budget which could top £250m. [Telegraph]

Antonio Conte is to rival Manchester City as he moves for Alex Sandro, Antonio Candreva, Fernando Llorente and Virgil van Dijk. [Telegraph]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I see no need for Van Djik nor Llorente. Can't see the point.

7 hours ago, blu35_army said:

ffs,,it's freakin much £250m. sandro (£80m), Ox (£30m), van dijk (£60m), even we can still bid eric dier for fun (£70m)...

please be true..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

£250m overall, not for the four signings. That leaves another £130m to spend.

9 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I see no need for Van Djik nor Llorente. Can't see the point.

2 strikers for the whole season is not enough imo, Llorente seems as the perfect solution for a 3rd option, has experience and I don't think he will mind sitting on the bench for most of the time. Van Dijk will improve massively our defensive line, but can't see him coming to Chelsea for the rumoured price they want for him. 

22 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

2 strikers for the whole season is not enough imo, Llorente seems as the perfect solution for a 3rd option, has experience and I don't think he will mind sitting on the bench for most of the time. Van Dijk will improve massively our defensive line, but can't see him coming to Chelsea for the rumoured price they want for him. 

I disagree. Posted elsewhere, whats the need for a 3rd striker, we play 1 up top with 2 strikers arguably too good to be a 2nd choice, last season we played and won convincingly with a false 9. If we seem desperate for a 3rd choice to fill in the bench against lesser teams/cup games either 1) Promote a youth player 2) Keep Remy who seems happy to pick up a wage and not play 

On 24/07/2017 at 11:22 AM, mccg said:
mmm look at these dodgy books @ Man.City thats even before Mendy deal, if this isn't pissing on ffp what is?
TRANSFER RESULTS 17/18
Earnings/expenditures Arrivals/Departures Transfer fee
Total results £-120.36m
Income/Sells   £35.19m
Expenditures/Buys   £155.55m

TRANSFER RESULTS 16/17
Earnings/expenditures Arrivals/Departures Transfer fee
Total results £-151.00m
Income   £30.05m
Expenditures   £181.05m

Transfer deficits, as well as huge wage bills, are perfectly sustainable within FFP rules as long as a club has enough income to support them. City's accounts, approved by uefa, show that they have the sixth largest turnover in world football. (From memory I think we are ninth.) It's 99.9% certain that they will pass FFP.

22 hours ago, Georgy said:

Lets not act like we don't knows whats happening at City. Their contracts and sponsors are directly linked to the owner. Those fuckers wouldn't even be in Top 10 revenue if not for that. They can't even fill their own stadium, they are lucky FIFA doesn't give a shit.

Too much is made of their struggles to fill the Etihad and, whatever we believe, City's accounts and the business model which generates the numbers, have been passed by uefa as acceptable within FFP. They are not likely to fail uefa's test.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Transfer deficits, as well as huge wage bills, are perfectly sustainable within FFP rules as long as a club has enough income to support them. City's accounts, approved by uefa, show that they have the sixth largest turnover in world football. (From memory I think we are ninth.) It's 99.9% certain that they will pass FFP.

Yes they will probly pass ffp , but kinda highlights how much of a joke they are and the basics of f"fair"play that they have a near -£300 mill over 2 consective seasons in player purchases/sales!

26 minutes ago, GQman2121 said:

It's as if you have no knowledge of Chelsea's recent history. 

Why would anyone care how much a club spends on transfers? Everyone in the top flight is rich and spends money now. 

Obvious you don't ,if you looked at the players in/out finances at Cfc the last few seasons . The point of the post was to highlight how much in the red M.City are in two consecutive seasons in this aspect in which this is the basic foundation of FFP , and i highlighted  basic for obvious reasons!

It was just a friendly, but it showcased many of our weaknesses. With Fabregas in the middle we just get overrun, while the WB's are absolutely massive for our gameplan. With Moses and especially Alonso not tracking back properly, we were wide open. With them staying back, we had no attack to speak of.

The two WB positions are a priority, we need to find upgrades on both Alonso and Moses, they might be enough to compete for PL, but they will never be good enough for CL. I also think we really need another CM should either of Kante/Bakayoko get injured.

Sanchez is actually an interesting option, should he be available. 

2 hours ago, mccg said:

Obvious you don't ,if you looked at the players in/out finances at Cfc the last few seasons . The point of the post was to highlight how much in the red M.City are in two consecutive seasons in this aspect in which this is the basic foundation of FFP , and i highlighted  basic for obvious reasons!

Who cares though? 

Specifically, who cares about how much another club spends? Why concern yourself with how they conduct business? 

There are a dozen other ways to balance the books besides player sales. 

So again, who gives a shit?

We badly need a left-footed wing-back. It's a huge priority. Alonsos speed will be targeted (both offensively and defensively) every single time by big teams, he can get away with it against the smaller teams but his presence causes a tactical flaw for us. 

See how many times Alonso was left in space when we had the ball, because they knew that they can easily cover him if we pass to him. 

We have to fix this or it could be a short champions League campaign next season. 

We badly need a left-footed wing-back. It's a huge priority. Alonsos speed will be targeted (both offensively and defensively) every single time by big teams, he can get away with it against the smaller teams but his presence causes a tactical flaw for us. 
See how many times Alonso was left in space when we had the ball, because they knew that they can easily cover him if we pass to him. 
We have to fix this or it could be a short champions League campaign next season. 
Alonso was targeted by the likes of Palace. He's done for against side with some pace out wide.

Wish we could go after Patrik Schick, his transfer to Juve didn't materialize. Do not believe the dodgy reports of him having heart problems. I think Juve negotiated very early for Schick but later changed their plans and went after Bernardeschi and Costa. 

Valued around 25m, i think this would be a great piece of business and even better he is left footed.