Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

It's not just the 'buying' though, it's also about truly identifying the right fit for the team and system. If we had 1 main target, the following target has to be nigh on very close to those characteristics. Lukaku to PEA, two very different players, Belotti to Morata, two very different players again.

If I am being totally honest right now I do not think we have a planned structure as to who we want.

You think Cfc & board would have learnt from past seasons failures but ohh no. Gonna be some turnaround to improve the team and challenge for prem&champions 4sure!

22 minutes ago, mccg said:

You think Cfc & board would have learnt from past seasons failures but ohh no. Gonna be some turnaround to improve the team and challenge for prem&champions 4sure!

It does seem other clubs tend to get their business done earlier, and theres a panic towards the end at SW 6. 

On the other hand we've until 31 August so maybe they have something planned <_<

39 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

It does seem other clubs tend to get their business done earlier, and theres a panic towards the end at SW 6. 

On the other hand we've until 31 August so maybe they have something planned <_<

Can't even make excuse of a major tournament being on(silly 1's been on) No PEA the striker plot thickens! Pre season starts with...

GOALKEEPERS (3+): Caballero, Courtois, Eduardo, (Bulka? / Blackman? / Beeney?)

DEFENDERS (7+): Azpilicueta, Alonso, Cahill, Christensen, David Luiz, Moses, Rüdiger (Clarke-Salter? / Kalas? / Tomori?)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Baker, Fàbregas, Kanté, Pašalić, Scott

FORWARDS (6+): Batshuayi, Boga, Kenedy, Musonda Jr, Pedro, Willian (Rémy?)

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

If I am being totally honest right now I do not think we have a planned structure as to who we want.

It certainly looks like things doesn't works good between the coach, board and Roman.

And , yep.. We just sold a kid who has been with us since he was 9. Sad day. Very few kids from those age groups end up becoming pro footballers, let alone at the top flight of a major European league. I don't think we can understand how crazy it is to have someone be with the club since they were just a child and actually make it as a top flight footballer in any big league. The sad part is that he was clearly talented, but just a couple notches below our caliber. It's still great to have him be successful elsewhere. We have some more plays this summer , as according to the schedule https://777score.com/football/teams/chelsea-865 the summer promises to be pretty hot ^_^

1 hour ago, Ava Brown said:

I have honestly lost count on how many players we have loaned out this year, it`s actually ridiculous now 

I think it is not enough yet. If we loan out even more players we can generate more revenue from that. We have only loaned out 7 players in this tranfer window so far. I hope at least 20 more will follow. 

1 hour ago, Ava Brown said:

And , yep.. We just sold a kid who has been with us since he was 9. Sad day. Very few kids from those age groups end up becoming pro footballers, let alone at the top flight of a major European league. I don't think we can understand how crazy it is to have someone be with the club since they were just a child and actually make it as a top flight footballer in any big league. The sad part is that he was clearly talented, but just a couple notches below our caliber. It's still great to have him be successful elsewhere. We have some more plays this summer , as according to the schedule https://777score.com/football/teams/chelsea-865 the summer promises to be pretty hot ^_^

Common logic (and the law of large numbers) suggests that in this particular age group there are as many kids becoming pro footballers as in any other age group of the same size. What counts is the return on investment and if lower transfer fee we had to play for a 9 year old ammortizes the higher costs of his education. 

2 hours ago, mccg said:

Can't even make excuse of a major tournament being on(silly 1's been on) No PEA the striker plot thickens! Pre season starts with...

GOALKEEPERS (3+): Caballero, Courtois, Eduardo, (Bulka? / Blackman? / Beeney?)

DEFENDERS (7+): Azpilicueta, Alonso, Cahill, Christensen, David Luiz, Moses, Rüdiger (Clarke-Salter? / Kalas? / Tomori?)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Baker, Fàbregas, Kanté, Pašalić, Scott

FORWARDS (6+): Batshuayi, Boga, Kenedy, Musonda Jr, Pedro, Willian (Rémy?)

Aye so that's 21 -and don't 8 have to be home grown ? Spose the club will make up the numbers using players from the lower ranks.

Two or three will have their seasons written off. There will be no intention to play them, they merely satisfy the rule makers.

59 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Aye so that's 21 -and don't 8 have to be home grown ? Spose the club will make up the numbers using players from the lower ranks.

Two or three will have their seasons written off. There will be no intention to play them, they merely satisfy the rule makers.

Yeah 8 homegrown,Lets hope Baker&Christensen rip it up in pre season,Musonda may get a spot also,mmm but abit thin on quality&numbers me thinks.

1 hour ago, Georgy said:

Sign Patrik Schick before it's to late, this guy is the next Dybala, his move to Juventus failed I heard. What him go to Arsenal or something for peanuts. 

mmmm peanuts 

16 hours ago, Georgy said:

Sign Patrik Schick before it's to late, this guy is the next Dybala, his move to Juventus failed I heard. What him go to Arsenal or something for peanuts. 

His medical failed over a heart problem 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4708964/Juventus-Patrik-Schick-fall-through.html

I know that people are freaking out over the size of our squad, and while I believe that there is truth in it, I also believe that a silent clean-up of the team is taking place since Conte joined. 

Let us look at the team at the start of last season (senior players):

CF: Bats, Costa
Wingers: Willian, Pedro, Hazard, Oscar
CM: Kante, Matic, Mikel, Fabregas
WB/FB: Ivanovic, Alonso, Azpilicueta, Moses
CB: Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Zouma
GK: Courtois, Begovic, Eduardo

There are some amazing players in there but also quite a few who are either well past their peak (Terry and Ivanovic) or been mediocre for the team for some time (Mikel and Oscar). These players were sitting on big salaries while contributing very little (excluding JT's leadership) and they have all since been removed from the club to put it bluntly.
Begovic wished to play more, and Zouma needed game time to see whether he is still good enough for the team so both of them have been allowed to do so. 
We then have Matic and Costa where the latter has had discipline problems for some time, and there were rumours that the same applied to a lesser degree to Matic (dont know if it is true) so it would make sense to get rid of them in order to improve squad harmony on and off the field. It also seems to be what is happening right now. 

In other words, we have over the span of three transfer windows with Conte gotten rid of (or at least in the process) the old, the mediocre and the troublesome while retaining the stars and the above average supporting players. 
I believe that the board saw what happened to the team when the old core (Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Cole among others) got in the 30+ range, and how that made CFC's performances drop forcing us to have some dog years (masked by the CL win) and is now trying to avoid it. Furthermore, our team has been well known for having a very vocal dressing room which coaches has lost more than once. Bringing in a charismatic disciplinarian like Conte, who also just got an extension to show that the board stands behind him, while removing the potential sources of discontent is a way for the club to build for the future in a different way that it has in the future. The danger lies in having a squad that is too thin, but there is still plenty of time in the window, so if we can solve that problem the future looks bright. 

11 minutes ago, Rekin said:

I know that people are freaking out over the size of our squad, and while I believe that there is truth in it, I also believe that a silent clean-up of the team is taking place since Conte joined. 

Let us look at the team at the start of last season (senior players):

CF: Bats, Costa
Wingers: Willian, Pedro, Hazard, Oscar
CM: Kante, Matic, Mikel, Fabregas
WB/FB: Ivanovic, Alonso, Azpilicueta, Moses
CB: Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Zouma
GK: Courtois, Begovic, Eduardo

There are some amazing players in there but also quite a few who are either well past their peak (Terry and Ivanovic) or been mediocre for the team for some time (Mikel and Oscar). These players were sitting on big salaries while contributing very little (excluding JT's leadership) and they have all since been removed from the club to put it bluntly.
Begovic wished to play more, and Zouma needed game time to see whether he is still good enough for the team so both of them have been allowed to do so. 
We then have Matic and Costa where the latter has had discipline problems for some time, and there were rumours that the same applied to a lesser degree to Matic (dont know if it is true) so it would make sense to get rid of them in order to improve squad harmony on and off the field. It also seems to be what is happening right now. 

In other words, we have over the span of three transfer windows with Conte gotten rid of (or at least in the process) the old, the mediocre and the troublesome while retaining the stars and the above average supporting players. 
I believe that the board saw what happened to the team when the old core (Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Cole among others) got in the 30+ range, and how that made CFC's performances drop forcing us to have some dog years (masked by the CL win) and is now trying to avoid it. Furthermore, our team has been well known for having a very vocal dressing room which coaches has lost more than once. Bringing in a charismatic disciplinarian like Conte, who also just got an extension to show that the board stands behind him, while removing the potential sources of discontent is a way for the club to build for the future in a different way that it has in the future. The danger lies in having a squad that is too thin, but there is still plenty of time in the window, so if we can solve that problem the future looks bright. 

I like your positive thinking. We got rid of some players that needed to be get rid of for good money, but it means nothing if we fail to replace them. We failed to replace anybody in January, so we must now replace them + summer departees in one window to be competitive. Not going well so far, but only what we have on our books by 2nd september (or whenever the window closes) is what matters. We must survive August meanwhile.