Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

5 hours ago, communicate said:

Now I am getting very2 worried. We lose Ake, chalobah and Ruben in one go. Basically we lose 4 (with begovic) players and bringing only two. 

Begovic - Caballero 

Rudiger - Ake 

Rlc -???? 

Chalobah -??? 

RLC  played 31 mins as attack midfield in 2016/2017. Charly Musonda will replace him.

Chalobah-Bakayoko, Matic stay.

On 13/07/2017 at 6:28 PM, oldportblue said:

so we so far we got rudiger and bakayoko, that's pretty decent. If we were to wrap up danilo + sandro and sign a striker (belotti or aubameyang, morata looks to be staying), I would be very happy with this transfer window, what about you guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have been happy with that at the beginning of June, but since then we loaned RLC, sold Nate and looks like will be selling Matic too. The players you mentioned won't paper over the Grand Canyon-sized cracks in our midfield. We need 2 new midfielders in addition to Bakayoko and the names (read: positions) you mentioned. Don't think it will happen, we'll be one injury away from crisis again. Last season we got lucky with injuries and suspensions, had you taken away one of Kante or Matic for a long time and Tottenham would have won the league. Same risk upcoming season if we keep thinning our lines instead of beefing them up. No chance in CL either with that squad.

We also need a third striker very badly. Michy and Morata/Auba won't cut it. The squad in its current state is in deep shit and we need more than the rumoured 5/6 signings.

Plenty midfielders who're either available clearly, or not so firmly established that a bid wouldn't interest their club; and they'd improve our midfield - 

Fabinho (United took negotiations far enough seemingly; Monaco are clearly willing to sell.)
Kovacic (further down the pecking order after Madrid continue to bloat their midfield with playmakers; he must go now)
N. Keita (if Liverpool can be in negotiations for him, so can we)
Renato Sanches (being loaned out for a year if Bayern's CEO has his way)
Verratti (wants to leave; will do within a year)
Seri (just about the most underrated midfielder in the top 5 leagues; cheap as chips for any club outside England)

Options. There's lots of options. All of which make Bakayoko look like Lukaku playing in midfield.

So guys, who do you think we will sign surely we need a CF a RWB and a CM. Really have no idea who any off them will be apart from maybe danilo. As much as I would love sandro here atm it really isn't priority for me personally. Please feel free to disagree.

21 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

So guys, who do you think we will sign surely we need a CF a RWB and a CM. Really have no idea who any off them will be apart from maybe danilo. As much as I would love sandro here atm it really isn't priority for me personally. Please feel free to disagree.

Strange thing, seems we don't after any alternative for LB apart from Sandro. Looks like all out for him or nothing. As I have said in Sandro thread, actually don't mind with Alonso and Kenedy for LB. The position is not that crucial imo.

We will buy Costa's replacement for sure. For RWB, looks like we still working on Danilo, and it seems the player want the move, so it might happening 'soon'.

For CM, there are quite a lot of options out there, but it seems we still considering who will be our target next.

A great point from a Juventus forum, since we should be as informed about the footballing world as much as our own club IMO - 

"One thing to note as well,

Under Conte no major players left "voluntarily"
Under Allegri - Pirlo, Vidal, Tevez, Bonucci, Alves, Evra, Pogba, Coman

Allegri might be a great tactician but there's something iffy about his man management skills. If the incident at Cardiff was true, then the coach needs to step up in these kind of situations and try to defuse. He needs a tougher character IMO"